Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2008, 15:18   #496
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
All engines are iVTEC. 122 BHP (I got info that it will be 140 BHP, which I doubt).

Pricing will be between 8.5L and 10L. I have info that price could be lower but I have my doubts.

As I said the base model will be launched in December.

ABS, Airbags etc the works - it will be fully loaded.

The NHC is dis-continued.

Don't ask me more.
Will it be as involving to drive as a OHC? i doubt it but lets keep the fingers crossed
Old 18th August 2008, 15:33   #497
Senior - BHPian

Some more Spy shots of 2008 Honda City spotted in China.

Source : club.sohu.com
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-2008hondacityinchina1.jpg  

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-2008hondacityinchina2.jpg  

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-2008hondacityinchina4.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 18th August 2008, 15:41   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
All engines are iVTEC. 122 BHP (I got info that it will be 140 BHP, which I doubt).

Pricing will be between 8.5L and 10L. I have info that price could be lower but I have my doubts.

As I said the base model will be launched in December.

ABS, Airbags etc the works - it will be fully loaded.

The NHC is dis-continued.

Don't ask me more.
Will it be the same SOHC engine or it will DOHC? any idea
Old 18th August 2008, 15:50   #499
Senior - BHPian

If Honda were to continue the present City with the i-DSI engine along with the new model there is a chance that they'll introduce the new car with the 1.5 i-VTEC engine only and not bring the 1.3 i-VTEC to India. That will be a shame because the 1.3 has more power than the i-DSI and is as fuel efficient, if not more.
Also Honda's ability to continue to sell the present City in India depends on what they do in Thailand, since the kits come from there. If they continue to sell it in Thailand then the same will happen here. If not, then I seriously doubt they'll continue to sell it here. Unless of course they move the dies to their new factory in India and produce it here.
Old 18th August 2008, 16:01   #500
Senior - BHPian

So, we now atleast are sure about how the new city looks. The body looks really neat.

Last edited by srishiva : 18th August 2008 at 16:02.
Old 18th August 2008, 16:33   #501
Distinguished - BHPian

I too have a preference for older Honda designs --- but I don't think anyone can complain about the new Accord! Well, actually, I can... it's too big!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by four_tire View Post
You are absolutely right!! He does stick to the steering when iam driving. No matter how many times he is pulled away and even beaten by his mother. At his age hes got a good grip and strength and very difficult for me to get his grip off. He constantly fiddles with the keys and gear knobs (on the running car). Iam planning to get him a cab to drive (just when he is tall enough to reach both foot pedals and steering simultenously).
Sorry, but this is lethally dangerous, and no child should be allowed to behave like this ever. It is utterly irresponsible, and the person it puts in most danger of serious injury is your own child. Strap him in a proper child seat in the back, if that is what it takes to keep him away from the controls (it's how a child of that age should travel, anyway). Please stop being such a potential danger to other road users.

Do you wear a seat belt by the way? Even if you do it will be bad for the child if you have an accident; don't forget to wave, as he flies out through the windscreen. If you don't, and he's still in the car, he'll be in the middle as that steering wheel crushes your rib cage. I wouldn't expect there to be much left of him.

This sort of thing, as you can tell, makes me mad.
Old 18th August 2008, 16:45   #502
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by four_tire View Post
You are absolutely right!! He does stick to the steering when iam driving. No matter how many times he is pulled away and even beaten by his mother.
1. what is your child doing sitting in the front of the car? he should be belted to a car seat in the rear seat (preferably the rear seat bhind the front passenger seat).

2. try explaining to him why it is dangerous for him to do what he is doing. children are smarter than you think. refuse to start the ar unless he moves to the back and be prepared to carry out this threat so try it on a journey that is optional (not on the way to a wedding/funeral for example).

Sorry for the OT but a child has no place in the front of the car when the car is in motion.
Old 18th August 2008, 17:27   #503

hey guys had visited one of the delearships in delhi.The person i had a talk to had gone for some training to the honda factory and told me that the place where the new honda is being manufactured is kept sealed and no one can enter that area easily.He told me that the nnhc would be exported from india like the i10.The nhc would be phased out when the nnhc would be launched and heavy discounts are expected on the nhc soon.The car is expected somewhere in oct in the bracket of 8-9 lakh comparable to the present city.
Old 18th August 2008, 17:33   #504
BHPian

Good looks

The car looks really neat. Less said the better about the bad comments on its looks. The car has a good premium looks.cheers:
Old 18th August 2008, 17:39   #505
BANNED

Honda have yet another winner there !! Can see the build quality in the picture - I can hardly see the gaps between the panels !!! Untrained eyes are fooled to believing that there is no gap !
Old 18th August 2008, 17:43   #506
Team-BHP Support

Looks much better than the current NHC. Lets hope they price it well like they have done with the Accord.

Last edited by Eddy : 18th August 2008 at 17:44.
Old 18th August 2008, 18:03   #507
Senior - BHPian

looks good - great i must say. looks quite bigger than the current city - in fact it looks a like a premium car
Old 18th August 2008, 18:34   #508
Senior - BHPian

Note From Team-Bhp Support Staff: The thread Honda City to be Launched in Sept has been merged into this thread.
Old 18th August 2008, 22:08   #509
BHPian

Are those disc brakes I see on the rear wheels? I think yes!

I also had a chat with a dealer in Faridabad, offered no discounts but he claimed that the city 3G would only replace the now discontinued vtec at a similar price point, whereas the exi and gxi variants of the i-dsi would live on.
Old 19th August 2008, 11:27   #510
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjay View Post
Are those disc brakes I see on the rear wheels? I think yes!

I also had a chat with a dealer in Faridabad, offered no discounts but he claimed that the city 3G would only replace the now discontinued vtec at a similar price point, whereas the exi and gxi variants of the i-dsi would live on.
That would be a stupid move my Honda.

I think the dealer is saying this to persuade you to get the Exi or Gxi since the Vtec is already discontinued.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed