Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2008, 08:17   #631
BHPian

Come on Honda if you happen to look at this thread you would realise how eager we are to put our hands on the new city.
Bring it out fast Honda !!!!
BTW, i find the interiors a let down from the current generations. Why can't they make both interior and exterior great?
Old 27th August 2008, 08:22   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
wow! But to be honest, this is a bit baffling to me..are they going to put a 1.3 L engine as against the 1.5 L that the current NHC has? then, why not retain the 1.5 L idsi, if FE was the consideration?
Because the i-VTEC brings the benefits of IDSI without compromising on power (unlike IDSI).
Old 27th August 2008, 09:35   #633
BHPian

Same thoughts as majority here..i just HATED the interiors, so dull and drab looking compared to the SUPER SPORTY exteriors!

The front and rear looks are killer! if only they had done a 'civic' act in the interiors too, not just the exteriors.
Hope this will come with an Automatic!
Old 27th August 2008, 09:43   #634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
wow! But to be honest, this is a bit baffling to me..are they going to put a 1.3 L engine as against the 1.5 L that the current NHC has? then, why not retain the 1.5 L idsi, if FE was the consideration?
Not too sure Honda would retain the Idsi. If Honda does think about the FE conscious buyers ( which constitutes to big nos.) i think they will launch the 1.3 VTEC ,maybe after sometime.

@Insane Devil- Yup Interiors might be a lil let down , but i think this does give us a hint that this City wont be too expensive too! HOPEFULLY!
Old 27th August 2008, 10:07   #635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
WHAAAAT NC, tell me you are kidding? Do you have concrete information that the 1.3L is going to be cheaper than the current NHC 1.5?
Concrete - no ! but have heard the same. Will get you more in some time.
Old 27th August 2008, 11:19   #636
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I think the base model coming in December has a different engine. It could be the 1.3L and it's going to be cheaper too.
How sure are you about the 1.3L engine making it under the hood?

Last edited by oss : 27th August 2008 at 11:23.
Old 27th August 2008, 11:31   #637
BHPian

Yesterday I visited one of the Honda showroom in Delhi (Prime Honda). I went there to check if these guys are offering some discounts (I still remember when there was a transition between OHC to NHC, dealers were offering GREAT Discounts). But sad to know these guys were not offering even the discount of 10K. I told them about the G3HC but they blindly refused and said it is media hype.
Do anyone of us have some inside news of the launch. One of my relative wants to purchase NHC as we thought it would fall in his budget after discounts.
Old 27th August 2008, 12:20   #638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
WHAAAAT NC, tell me you are kidding? Do you have concrete information that the 1.3L is going to be cheaper than the current NHC 1.5?
"Concrete" ?? There is hardly anything concrete on this thread. This thread is the biggest speculative thread of all. I don't say there aren't others.
Old 27th August 2008, 15:41   #639
Senior - BHPian

Awesome, my cousin is gonna be glad he didn't go in for that 2nd hand Civic for 10 lakhs.

This car is perfect for him!!!

Shan2nu

Last edited by normally_crazy : 27th August 2008 at 17:06.
Old 28th August 2008, 13:29   #640
BHPian

Today I received a call from Southend Honda (Delhi). They confirmed G3HC will be launching soon with i-Vtec engine and i-Dsi will be phased out. They are still not sure on the launching dates but has registered my name and number for exclusive previewcheers:.
Old 28th August 2008, 15:15   #641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
Today I received a call from Southend Honda (Delhi). They confirmed G3HC will be launching soon with i-Vtec engine and i-Dsi will be phased out. They are still not sure on the launching dates but has registered my name and number for exclusive previewcheers:.
Finally dealers confirm the launch! Diwali launch is what rumours are doing the talking.
Old 28th August 2008, 15:20   #642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Finally dealers confirm the launch! Diwali launch is what rumours are doing the talking.
Yeah looks like a very hectic season ahead I hope the pricing is right.. but then "right pricing" is always subjective
Old 28th August 2008, 20:01   #643
BHPian

Good. The dealers have started acknowledging it. Wondering when they will start offering discounts on current inventory.
Old 28th August 2008, 21:58   #644
BHPian

Why do Honda people lie so much? They have been catagorically denying that there is a new City in the picture. They even went to the extent of publishing a denial in Autocar. I mean we knew it all along that they were not telling the truth, but now is the right time to ask it.

Had this been the US, someone would have sued them
Old 28th August 2008, 22:04   #645
Distinguished - BHPian

Really?

I thought that the opposite was true: no product exists until the day it is launched.

It depends on the marketing strategy. It seems the i-phone did pretty well on development in secrecy, other products may be rumoured to exist long before they do, just to stop people buying the competition.

One thing a manufacturer has to consider is selling the remaining stock of an old model.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks