Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2008, 23:02   #826
BHPian

I just saw the latest edition of the Autocar show, and according to Hormazd, the City is expected to be launched in December (!).

But, he also said that the Linea would be out in November (!!). So perhaps the Linea would beat the City to the showrooms.

If anyone has posted this before, my apologies. Also, I was not sure whether to post it in this thread or on one of the Linea threads.
Old 16th September 2008, 23:07   #827
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
The Accord was launched with a very nice and an unlike-Honda price tag. I think the City too might follow suit.
its a nice price tag but it has no features. the altis has more features than it.
Old 16th September 2008, 23:46   #828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
No way Dealers are just spredding the rumour to clear their stocks. I am sure Honda is not a fool, if they will keep the price 10L+ then their city will be a flop show as iPhone. Optra is available at that price range that too deisel, bigger and more luxurious.
True there is no way that it will be more than 10K..it does not make sense at all, people we pay little extra and buy Civic in that case.
Old 17th September 2008, 09:35   #829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul_singh View Post
I just saw the latest edition of the Autocar show, and according to Hormazd, the City is expected to be launched in December (!).

But, he also said that the Linea would be out in November (!!). So perhaps the Linea would beat the City to the showrooms.

The same Hormazd had mentioned City launch around Diwali. Usually ACI is quite accurate in the launch details. In Thailand the New City was priced a lil lesser than expected. I would request other members to speak to the dealers regarding the price. IMO New City deliveries will start in Oct end / Nov and bookings might start next week itself (if prices are announced in the so called soft launch)
Old 17th September 2008, 10:04   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Usually ACI is quite accurate in the launch details.
OT: ACI only told Linea launch in India by end of 2007. They are also telling in September issue that i20 may be launched in India this month end. Overall, I don't see anything special in their predictions vis-a-vis other megazines.
Old 17th September 2008, 10:42   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
The same Hormazd had mentioned City launch around Diwali. Usually ACI is quite accurate in the launch details. In Thailand the New City was priced a lil lesser than expected. I would request other members to speak to the dealers regarding the price. IMO New City deliveries will start in Oct end / Nov and bookings might start next week itself (if prices are announced in the so called soft launch)
Hey our company has a tie up with lease plan for company car scheme policy. As per them, Honda City will be launched by September 28 but delivery will began october end or november first week onwards. cheers:
Old 17th September 2008, 12:29   #832
Senior - BHPian

Considering that the assembly kit for the City comes from Thailand, I think that Honda India has discontinued assembly of the existing model in India and the launch of the new City is very much round the corner.
The only stumbling block I can see is the clearance of existing dealer stock.
Old 17th September 2008, 17:48   #833
Senior - BHPian

I spoke to a person who completed the new City training. She says launch is Sep 25, 1.5 iVtec, 2 versions, S and V. One Manual and Auto transmission each. Approx around 9L for the high end. She couldnt disclose further.
Old 17th September 2008, 17:54   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
launch is Sep 25, 1.5 iVtec, 2 versions, S and V. One Manual and Auto transmission each. Approx around 9L for the high end. She couldnt disclose further.
That sounds a tad low to me, especially since it comes with iVtec & (I could be wrong) I presume the high end one would have ABS, Airbags & Leather?

On second thoughts, I'm sure I'm wrong - can't imagine Honda becoming VFM overnight in India
Old 17th September 2008, 18:10   #835
BHPian

HI friends , i called up a dealer in chandigarh and i was informed that the new honda city to be launched is replacement of City Zx Vtec Plus and not the Exi and Gxi models . According to the dealer the new City would be available only in 1.5 I-Vtec 118 Bhp engine with a price tag of Approx Rs 9.0 Lacs. Please Update.
Old 17th September 2008, 18:18   #836
Senior - BHPian

One dealer called me and told that the new city is too much plastic from inside and not as current city with luxarious feel. He had attended a training and seen the new city. So therefore he wanted me to buy the old one now.
Old 17th September 2008, 18:23   #837
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
So therefore he wanted me to buy the old one now.

On a serious note, you are buying the new Corolla, aren't you ?
Old 17th September 2008, 18:30   #838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitmanaktala View Post
According to the dealer the new City would be available only in 1.5 I-Vtec 118 Bhp engine with a price tag of Approx Rs 9.0 Lacs.
Would be terrific if Honda can hold that price, with ABS + airbags that is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
One dealer called me and told that the new city is too much plastic from inside So therefore he wanted me to buy the old one now.
Please do not fall for it. He is trying to clear stock.
Old 17th September 2008, 18:36   #839
Senior - BHPian

Here is some Economics 101 for all those debating about the dates and price tag of the new City:

1) Date: If LAUNCHED this year, which it most likely will. It has to be launched before DIWALI. Most ppl buy cars during festive season and all manfacturers planning to launch a car this year would not want to miss this opportunity. Just like retail stores like Walmart make 60% of their profit during Christmas.

2) Price: If anyone is tracking the intl economy, the year on year sale for Honda and all other car manf barring few are down to dust. From a business point of view they plan to update their cars to boast sales. There have never been such torrid times in recent past. They DEFINITELY dont want to hit the last nail in their coffin by over pricing themselves. The pricing of new Corolla is a testament to this statement. Similarly do not expect the new City to be costly. It will be in the same price range as the current model.

This is the bottom line. Speculate as much as you want, but once the new City is launched come and revist this post, and appreciate this Guru who gave you Gyan
Old 17th September 2008, 18:48   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I spoke to a person who completed the new City training. She says launch is Sep 25, 1.5 iVtec, 2 versions, S and V. One Manual and Auto transmission each. Approx around 9L for the high end. She couldnt disclose further.
Ah so even Chennai dealer confirming only 2 variants!! But luckily your dealer quoted 1 lac lesser than mine. I think Thailand got S , V and SV versions.
I thought we would get S& V as manual and SV as automatic. Lets see what Honda does.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks