Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2008, 16:25   #886
maniind

but can honda produce a throw away price on anhc

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd September 2008 at 10:46.

Old 21st September 2008, 18:36   #887
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
I just happened to notice another horrendously ignorant error on the main page.
Look at the models on the home page carefully and pause a little on the Civic Hybrid. Yes- thats not the JDM shape we have here, it is the USDM Civic .

Come on Honda you need to be more careful than that, we Indians aren't that dumb..
no its a facelifted version of the jdm civic. the usdm civic is completely different.
Old 21st September 2008, 21:08   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Dont expect VFM from Honda. Expect refinement, performance, mileage, and possibly a reasonable price. Unfortunately, VFM and Honda don't mix in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
with all due respects, i don't think Honda would even be bothered about Fiesta or its pricing. They have carved a niche for their products - and frankly Fiesta/Verna pertols don't hold a candle to the City when it comes to sales or customer perception. SX4 did that job for sometime, and it still is a worthwhile contender, though sales are slipping.

Fiesta/verna diesel is a different territory though - where Honda doesn't play.
*Ahem* So how much is Honda paying you to write this?

The City is a budget car and nothing more.
As for refinement, I had driven in a friend's reasonably used NHC sometime back.. the engine was coarse sounding and for some reason road/suspension noise filtered into the cabin very easily.
From the initial looks of things, it appears the new City is even more budget-car oriented, especially with those interiors. That A/c blower control reminds me of some prehistoric Khaitan fan controller!

But yeah, you're right. The other brands won't hold a candle to Honda in terms of customer perception.. cause niches aren't created by car manufacturers; the Indian public do the needful themselves.
Old 21st September 2008, 21:14   #889
BHPian

bumped into this thread pretty late. Nevertheless.. saw the pics on page 39 and this immediately reminded me of the civic concept/display car that I had seen in germany last year.

checked back and yes, indeed the car design looks very similar. they have just changed the rear lights and the grille design a bit.

take a look ->
Destiny Clicks Away (dash)
Destiny Clicks Away (rear)
Destiny Clicks Away (front)
Destiny Clicks Away (rear 3/4)
Old 22nd September 2008, 08:06   #890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Eddy View Post
*Ahem* So how much is Honda paying you to write this?
LOL! They are not giving me any money yet, but a 1L discount on the AHC would be nice. Honda are you listening?

Quote:
The City is a budget car and nothing more.
As for refinement, I had driven in a friend's reasonably used NHC sometime back.. the engine was coarse sounding and for some reason road/suspension noise filtered into the cabin very easily.
City is a budget car - agree. I never claimed its a luxury car anyway. I just said its a refined car in its segment. There's no point in comparing it to a C220 or even a Corolla Altis.

You might have driven one badly maintained NHC, but don't pass judgment on a car based on that. Its not perfect, one of my favorite peeves against it was the pathetic GC and light steering (and my guess is that its still not addressed in the new city)

Quote:
But yeah, you're right. The other brands won't hold a candle to Honda in terms of customer perception.. cause niches aren't created by car manufacturers; the Indian public do the needful themselves.
This forum has already working on this awareness of Honda customer Service . I have seen at least two major cases against Honda in this forum - both Civics - and at least one in consumer court.
Old 22nd September 2008, 09:09   #891
Senior - BHPian

Killing the suspense

The scoop helped in killing the suspense. Now there are so many people waiting for the car to come out and have a fair idea of what they will get for thier money

You must hand it to Honda, they could've had the current City going for some more time, but they were pro-active and replaced it. They also walk the untread path in design. What a change the ugly duckling was over the OHC, and how quickly they reacted by giving it a facelift to make it acceptable.

The time you appreciate a Honda is when you resell it. Its got fantastic brand value
Old 22nd September 2008, 09:14   #892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
Looks Honda has started making space for All New Honda CITY. They have changed their homepage. Check out the all new http://www.hondacarindia.com
yah and now proper speakers for a Honda!

And @6%! its a great deal.
Old 22nd September 2008, 09:14   #893
Senior - BHPian

Why don't manufacturers realise that people are willing to pay extra for value in a Car, and just a few thousands difference does not change a buying decision.

Manufacturers have to concentrate more on EMI cost than the actual car cost. For example, if the EMI for a Verna/Fiesta is 11,600 and for a City it is 12,200, buyers are tempted to go for the latter since they only percieve a difference of 600 between the two
Old 22nd September 2008, 09:21   #894
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
yah and now proper speakers for a Honda!
wish they included a proper HU as well (3 pre outs, TA, etc..).
Old 22nd September 2008, 09:34   #895
BHPian

Clarification...

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
no its a facelifted version of the jdm civic. the usdm civic is completely different.
Sorry for being horribly off topic, but I need to clarify this. I'll make my point clear by these illustrations.

The first pic is the zoomed in view of the Civic hybrid on the main page of www.hondacarindia.com.

The second pic is a screenshot of Honda US site showing the Civic hybrid on sale in the USDM (2009 Honda Civic Hybrid - Official Honda Hybrid Car Web Site)

The third pic is the page that opens when you click on Civic Hybrid on (http://www.hondacarindia.com/civicHybrid/default.html)- that is the JDM-shaped Civic that is on sale in India.

My point is, the car on the home page and the main link for the Hybrid are different. The blue car isn't the 'facelifted' version of the JDM Civic.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-hondacar.jpg  

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-usdm.jpg  

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-jdm.jpg  

Last edited by doomsday : 22nd September 2008 at 09:36.
Old 22nd September 2008, 09:52   #896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
wish they included a proper HU as well (3 pre outs, TA, etc..).
Yah! Honda eh? They will, a Nippon or some fancy model

An update:

"10800 for a set of 4 and approx 5000 if you want premium JBL speakers also"
Old 22nd September 2008, 10:52   #897
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
The time you appreciate a Honda is when you resell it. Its got fantastic brand value
And for good reason. I was pleasantly surprised when someone recently made me an offer of 4.75L for my '03 Vtec. Not that I'm selling but nice to know that it's cost me peanuts to own for almost 5 years. Maintaining the Vtec has been dirt cheap too.
Old 22nd September 2008, 11:27   #898
Team-BHP Support

doomsday -

heres what i was talking about.
2009 Honda Civic Sedan and Hybrid Facelift Released in Japan - Carscoop

heres the 09 usdm civic.
2009 Honda Civic Sedan - the Official Honda Web Site

i misunderstood. thought us had the same civic as europe.
Old 22nd September 2008, 12:13   #899
BHPian

Folks, considering that the new City would be launching soon in India, does anyone have an idea on what the booking process would be ?
Would Honda take an advance booking amount to guarantee you delivery ? and approximately what might be the booking amount and the lead time on delivery ? Any thoughts, feel free to comment.
Old 22nd September 2008, 23:22   #900

Delivery??

Does that look feasible for Honda to deliver the car by diwali? I think most of the people would like to have their dream vehicle on the festive occasion. So if there is a long waiting time, then it will hamper the sale. Also, anybody has any idea if Honda is still going to continue with their existing ZX and Vtech series?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks