Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2008, 17:32   #136
Senior - BHPian

The Daewoo plant was taken over by Argentum Motors recently ( headed by Subbu Ex Hyundai top honcho). As per some press reports a few months ago, Argentum Motors was in discussions with some European/ Asian companies for contract manufacturing at the Surajpur plant. Could it be that this car is from Argentum Motors?
Old 31st May 2008, 18:42   #137
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

The front of the car looks like the Honda Airwave :

Old 31st May 2008, 19:58   #138
Senior - BHPian

front looks like this. Honda Freed
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-1.jpg  

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-01_s.jpg  

Last edited by tushky : 31st May 2008 at 20:01.
Old 31st May 2008, 21:27   #139
Senior - BHPian

They will all look like that. Its Honda's new corporate look for the front end. They have another for Acuras.
Old 31st May 2008, 22:20   #140
BHPian

awarty, Thanks for the Catch and pics
now we have answer to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...a-city-10.html

NNHC look bigger than NHC, since they stopped Civic S, new city will be priced 10l Ex showroom, well outof my range,
i hope it will have 120bhp i-vtec
Old 31st May 2008, 23:40   #141
BHPian

bright chance its not the new city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
They will all look like that. Its Honda's new corporate look for the front end. They have another for Acuras.
The honda Acura or accord euro as it is sold as elsewhere is an awesome looking car. Its a part of my dream list.

This spy pic to me looks like Honda were in a hurry to make something so they churned up their existing parts and designs.

I have given this a second thought and despite everything being said i believe there is a big chance this is not the new honda city.

I mean why would they have it uncovered and that too when so far they have held everything about the upcoming launch in thailand a well kept secret.

Plus everyone was saying the new city will be a totally new platform this is also contradicted in those pics with the same dash etc. (some hope)
Old 1st June 2008, 10:38   #142
BHPian

Agree with you Abhijat and some other members, this can't be NNHC. The styling , the overall look and feel of the car looks more of a patch up job. Will Honda be that casual when SX4s and the likes are in hot pursuit.

Secondly, the company know for keeping developments under multi wraps be so open about new model.... ?

Third, can anyone conversant with Logan model throw light on this, looks like a new model of Logan to me. (from front and rear view), or Hyundai car !!! (bit confusing here)

Hoping Honda will come out with much better looking new Honda City than this patch-work.
Old 1st June 2008, 11:40   #143
Team-BHP Support

The looks seems similar to most new Hondas as shown in the pics above! If the OHC was sold, and NHC was shown to public, most would have been shocked.

But seeing the NHC and Hondas new models, its not hard to imagine the next car might look like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhijat View Post
The honda Acura is an awesome looking car. Its a part of my dream list.
Is there a car called Honda Acura? Isn't Acura Honda's luxury wing?
Old 1st June 2008, 12:45   #144
BHPian

i think its a new civic ...maybe (looks same as one right now in USA)
Old 1st June 2008, 13:46   #145
SuperSyn

I only hope that Honda drop the name city and market it under some other name. By some accounts this car will be priced higher, and it is too much work to keep track of various generations of City. Unlike the Accord, they seem too far apart as a product, particularly the first and this new type

Old 1st June 2008, 14:05   #146
SuperSyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
The Daewoo plant was taken over by Argentum Motors recently ( headed by Subbu Ex Hyundai top honcho). As per some press reports a few months ago, Argentum Motors was in discussions with some European/ Asian companies for contract manufacturing at the Surajpur plant. Could it be that this car is from Argentum Motors?
Which manufacturers would use the services of Argentum to produce cars? Can't think of any mainstreamers.

Old 1st June 2008, 14:17   #147
BHPian

NIce scoop and the car would have looked really good if there the watermarks were placed appropriately.

Cant see the front facia correctly to judge.
Old 1st June 2008, 14:50   #148
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Could it be the Civic Hybrid? The car does look's a bit bigger for a City from the back.
Old 1st June 2008, 15:51   #149
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Could it be the Civic Hybrid? The car does look's a bit bigger for a City from the back.
Its clearly seen that the car has wheel caps (as far as i can understand from the image).

From the side, its seen there is no quarter glass in the front, mirror placement is different and rear glass rises towards the rear, unlike the Civic hybrid below.
SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-2007civichybrid.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 1st June 2008 at 15:52.
Old 2nd June 2008, 01:31   #150
BHPian

Reformated Pictures

Here are the reformatted pictures, with somewhat more discrete watermarks.

I used a trial version I downloaded of the net, so it puts it own watermark.

Size wise, the car i saw looked closer to the city than the civic, the side profile screamed city to me the first time I saw it and from what little I saw of the dash, it resembled the current city.

My neighbor parks his Civic next to my car everyday, so I have a pretty good idea of the size comparison.

That being said, it was a pretty intense situation, I could have got it wrong, but for now I believe it was the new city.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-img00081-large_wm.jpg  

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-img00082-large_wm.jpg  

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-img00083-large_wm.jpg  

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-img00085-large_wm.jpg  

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-img00086-large_wm.jpg  

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-img00086_wm.jpg  

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-img00089_wm.jpg  

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-img00090_wm.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks