Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2008, 22:49   #166
Senior - BHPian

2009 Honda City: 2009 Honda City Spotted Testing In India

look at the comments regarding the watermarks below!

but, kindly refrain from putting toooo much watermarks as you guys would not get any patents or copyright awards for it. just on the top right or left of the picture would be sufficient.
Old 2nd June 2008, 23:04   #167
BHPian

In my defence, i was in a hurry, the watermarking was done in under 30 seconds with paint.

Mods - Please add the reformatted pictures to the first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

but, kindly refrain from putting toooo much watermarks as you guys would not get any patents or copyright awards for it. just on the top right or left of the picture would be sufficient.
Old 2nd June 2008, 23:17   #168
Senior - BHPian

putting it on the top right or left would not help as they would crop it out.

Its a t-bhp member who put it up so its good to watermark rather than paint it all over with t-bhp t-bhp t-bhp t-bhp.

Watermarking means writing something in semi-opaque font which does not cover up the image completely. With these pics, I have to try and visualize it without the big red blaring font.

This looks very boring to say the least.
Old 2nd June 2008, 23:40   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

Those comments on watermark are really bad. They must appreciate the effort one put in getting these shots. He/She ( here its he ), put his/her own safety at risk in taking the shots ( read chances of accident ).

In this case the thread starter's vehicle at one time was just an inch away from test car.
I really appreciate the effort.

The car looks a bit high. If you see at the images and compare with other cars,the car will look rather tall.

@ awarty:
Which car were you driving. Was it tough getting up to the 3rd gen city ?
Just to gen general idea about the engine. I know its just speculation, but then we will get rough idea.
Old 2nd June 2008, 23:46   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Those comments on watermark are really bad. They must appreciate the effort one put in getting these shots. He/She ( here its he ), put his/her own safety at risk in taking the shots ( read chances of accident ).

Maybe Jalopnik should have requested the original poster for the pictures or found another source if they wanted pictures without a watermark.
Old 2nd June 2008, 23:58   #171
BHPian

@aaggoswami & @khanak

Appreciate the support. Hoever, the Jalopnik guys do have a point, the watermarking was a bit over the top, but I had never watermarked a picture before and I am unlikely to do so in the future, so its not a skill I miss.

I was driving a 3.5 year old Getz, there was a lot of traffic, so its difficult to really judge how powerful the city was, vis-avis my car.
Old 2nd June 2008, 23:59   #172
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by awarty View Post
In my defence, i was in a hurry, the watermarking was done in under 30 seconds with paint.
Mods - Please add the reformatted pictures to the first post.
If i remember correctly, you have mentioned that while you posted the pictures.
Quote:
Those comments on watermark are really bad.
They dont lose anything by typing in a few words of crap, do they? If the site didnt like the pictures, they could simply have ignored them!
Old 3rd June 2008, 00:01   #173
BANNED

please post the pics again watermark on the sides not on the car. its ok if you were in a hurry no problems. but i think all the pics on this board are a little overboard. the beauty is to see the cars and not see banners on the cars added later.
Old 3rd June 2008, 00:08   #174
BHPian

Quote:
No one is demeaning the efforts of Awarty, and we are glad to find it first on our blog. Awesome job! Had me excited, until I saw the "watermarked" scoops. One needn't take anything personal here. I'm just unable to view the car! Why all the risk,when the car is just not visible! Don't we have the original snaps?
Old 3rd June 2008, 00:13   #175
BHPian

just a quick look made me think of the renault dacia which will be replacing the new logan in our markets in coming years (front view) and the back look like they got a good hint from the BMW 3 series.
but if it were to be the new city, i guess i am a little dissapointed cause i believed all the hondas had their distinctiveness from their siblings but looks like honda may end up having similar cues for all their products in future if the upcoming looks are anything to go for.
Old 3rd June 2008, 00:32   #176
Senior - BHPian

Guys just use Free Watermark. Add Custom Watermark. Protect Your Photos and Images - PicMarkr for watermarking, fastest method. The posts on that blog is offensive. Why did they use the pic in the first place if they knew the marking was there?
Old 3rd June 2008, 00:45   #177
BHPian

Don't Worry Be Happy awarty and let those jalo.. or whatever take a hike,if they where not happy with the watermark thing in the first place they should have not posted it.
P.S Congrat's for your effort

Last edited by Mpower : 3rd June 2008 at 04:47.
Old 3rd June 2008, 02:51   #178
BHPian

Oh
i dont know but the car looks silly
is that how 3rd gen cars are supposed to look like?

Mods note: Use punctuation properly. Use upper case to start a sentence.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd June 2008 at 08:00.
Old 3rd June 2008, 07:20   #179
BANNED

Original:

New un obtrusive watermark:
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-image_1.jpg  

Last edited by diabloo : 3rd June 2008 at 07:21.
Old 3rd June 2008, 08:33   #180
Senior - BHPian

@awarty:
I thought that you were on relatively clear roads. But you managed to stick around with you getz.
The car looks a bit taller than the present gen City. Any comments and did you observe this ? Or is something wrong with my judgment ?

About watermark:
@ all:
I was just very angry at Japolink. Yes it was a bit overdone job, but then how come japolink steal the pictures and then scream about this ? This is why I was angry.
Now Peace.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks