Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2008, 08:58   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
how come japolink steal the pictures and then scream about this ? This is why I was angry.
Now Peace.
How many of us seek permission of other website - administrator/editor before lifting pics and posting on this forum.

IMHO This thread represents a great scoop, ruined to an extent by over enthusiastic/amateur watermark. I feel the comments at japolink rightly expresses the anguish of auto enthusiasts who were unhappy at being unable to enjoy the 'first pics of new Honda city' .

Last edited by liberal : 3rd June 2008 at 09:02.
Old 3rd June 2008, 09:13   #182
BHPian

The continued tail-light part on the boot-lid looks awkward. Its not properly aligned to the remaining tail-light and also doesn't look good.
Old 3rd June 2008, 12:35   #183
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Awarty,

What you have shared is one of the juiciest scoops of the year. Thanks for that. Don't worry about the unnecessary comments on the watermarking. Yes, that is an area where we can / must improve. But I can pretty much tell a whole lot about the car even from the initially watermarked pictures.

You have also taken the effort of providing edited photographs, which have been uploaded to the first post. Thank you for this, as also for the fantastic scoop. Honda tried hard but couldn't elude the '09 NHC from Team-BHP.
Old 3rd June 2008, 14:28   #184
BANNED

I don't think anybody was trying hide the car - it was out in open among the traffic
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Honda tried hard but couldn't elude the '09 NHC from Team-BHP.
Old 3rd June 2008, 14:35   #185
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvinoos View Post
I guess this is the new Hyundai Elantra that has already been released in the US.
I have also attached the pics in this post.
In the very same pics, you will notice that the Elantra has a wave like centre line from the rear to the front wheels, which itself proves this is not the Elantra. And Elantra shouts 'corolla copy', while this one shouts '3 series copy'!

Between, the Chinese version of Elantra is better!
Old 3rd June 2008, 14:36   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
I don't think anybody was trying hide the car - it was out in open among the traffic
Diabloo , GTO was mentioning that Honda had kept the NNHC away from us for so long. Even the Malaysian & Thailand people did not have a spy pic !
So its quite an achievement that T-BHP could pull it off . Thanks to awarty!
Old 3rd June 2008, 14:38   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

I guess this is the new Hyundai Elantra that has already been released in the US.

Take a detailed look at this URL Hyundai Motor America - 2008 Elantra Photo Details

Vins
For me the new Elantra looks a clear rip off from the 9th gen Corolla, both front and rear... Wow, how brazenly can one copy a design? Hyundai may get sued for this..

Last edited by appuchan : 3rd June 2008 at 14:40.
Old 3rd June 2008, 14:43   #188
BHPian

Mods/Awarty : Can we please have a look at the original pictures now? We have been discussing more on the watermark and less on the car (because it's just not visible!).

Last edited by scorp 1 : 3rd June 2008 at 14:58.
Old 3rd June 2008, 14:52   #189
BANNED

J-BLOG: Honda City 2008 3rd Gen SPYSHOT!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp 1 View Post
Mods/Awarty : Can we please have a look at the original pictures now? We have been discussing more on the watermark and less on the car (because it's just not visible!).
Old 3rd June 2008, 14:56   #190
BHPian

This is the SCOOP !

Perfect Diabloo. Thanks for the well done images !
Old 3rd June 2008, 15:26   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal View Post
How many of us seek permission of other website - administrator/editor before lifting pics and posting on this forum.

IMHO This thread represents a great scoop, ruined to an extent by over enthusiastic/amateur watermark. I feel the comments at japolink rightly expresses the anguish of auto enthusiasts who were unhappy at being unable to enjoy the 'first pics of new Honda city' .
Usually I dont lift pictures like that and even after I have done that, I wont scream at the quality. It was about the scream they made after stealing.

I understand the unhappiness part, and we know why this happened. But someone stealing and then crying bad quality is not digestable. That is my point.
Old 3rd June 2008, 15:33   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi

Hyundai Motor America - 2008 Elantra Photo Details

If this is not, the new Elantra but the New Honda City, then there is a bit too much resemblence (Boot design, Front grills, head lamp(the head lamp in the earlier posted pic is masked), Rear). I dont think Honda will want their car to resemble a Hyundai...

Well, the UP no still seems a bit out of place for a Hyundai given its Tamil Nadu factory.

Regards

Vins
Look at the third picture in the reply no. 191 by diabloo. Observe the A-pillar and front window and RVM, you will be able to make it that this is not Elantra.
Old 3rd June 2008, 16:01   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awarty View Post
Here are the reformatted pictures, with somewhat more discrete watermarks.

I used a trial version I downloaded of the net, so it puts it own watermark. .
Thanks, the new watermark is much better and appreciate the pics.

@aaggoswami - Got your point
Old 3rd June 2008, 16:07   #194
Senior - BHPian

Thats a good scoop awarty but still not able to figure out that NHC had the car out for testing without the usual masquerade (black covers all over and it always looked funny to me ). Irrespective of that, its a good one to have the first in our forum, kudos awarty once again.

Last edited by VJ_MAVRICK : 3rd June 2008 at 16:08.
Old 5th June 2008, 12:13   #195
Senior - BHPian

Finally they got rid of the useless front quarter glass in this one.Looks nice and huge.should be at least 60k-100k more than the current one.
ram
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks