Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2008, 12:26   #196
BHPian

The rear reminds me of the 3-series. Front grill looks similar to the new Accord's and I won't be surprised if the new City is not much bigger than the current one. The side of the car looks of a similar shape but the door panel stampings have changed slightly. So all we know the underpinnings might be the same with only exterior enhancements.
Old 5th June 2008, 15:51   #197
BHPian

Probably missed a SCOOP

Today at around 7am, I was on my way to drop my father to a meeting, when I saw a black colour car on the few cars ahead of me Najafgarh Gurgaon road, with lot of black tape around the tail lamps, rear bumper and also covering the logo. The tail lamps looked a bit like i10, first I thought it was an i10 which might have been banged by someone from behind,. But on a closer look I found it was not an i10.

My next thought was that it may be a Splash undergoing trials, but what really confused me was that the small part of the round logo visible looked like the Skoda logo. Unforunately we were at a T-junction and it took a turrn . I could not follow as my father was with me.

Any one having any ideas?

PS: I dont know where else to put it as a new thread would have been meaningless.

Last edited by Car-Agey : 5th June 2008 at 15:59.
Old 5th June 2008, 16:15   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Agey View Post
Today at around 7am, I was on my way to drop my father to a meeting, when I saw a black colour car on the few cars ahead of me Najafgarh Gurgaon road, with lot of black tape around the tail lamps, rear bumper and also covering the logo. The tail lamps looked a bit like i10, first I thought it was an i10 which might have been banged by someone from behind,. But on a closer look I found it was not an i10.

My next thought was that it may be a Splash undergoing trials, but what really confused me was that the small part of the round logo visible looked like the Skoda logo. Unforunately we were at a T-junction and it took a turrn . I could not follow as my father was with me.

PS: I dont know where else to put it as a new thread would have been meaningless.

Car -Agey , No offence but you have confused us more than u already are.So it surely was a hatchback? Should be the A-star or the Hyundai i20 if its a hatchback. I don think Skoda will be testing a Hatchback now as their so called 3-5 lacs car will come in 2010!
Old 5th June 2008, 16:24   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Car -Agey , No offence but you have confused us more than u already are.So it surely was a hatchback? Should be the A-star or the Hyundai i20 if its a hatchback. I don think Skoda will be testing a Hatchback now as their so called 3-5 lacs car will come in 2010!
You are right Karan. I was avoiding it since morning as I had nothing concrete, no photos and no clear info but could not resist it any more.
Old 5th June 2008, 18:29   #200
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You are right Karan. I was avoiding it since morning as I had nothing concrete, no photos and no clear info but could not resist it any more.
The production ready Suzuki A- Star does look like an i10 from the rear. Could it be the car?
Old 5th June 2008, 18:40   #201
BHPian

Really not sure dear. But yes I will have to be on the road more often in case it turns out to be their normal testing route.
Old 5th June 2008, 20:53   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Lets get down to the basics..was it a sedan or hatchback?

Size wise how big was it...A seg, B or B+. These are things that no camouflauge cannot hide.
Old 5th June 2008, 23:01   #203
BHPian

guys since he has seen a hatchback car on the gurgaon road i expect it to be something from maruti stable.
it is a common practice followed by MSIL to test the vehicles near gurgaon
Old 5th June 2008, 23:04   #204
BHPian

also since it is a thread relating to honda city,i dont see any effect in the market.had there been a new launch expected,the dealers should have started clearing their inventory,offering discounts etc.
Old 6th June 2008, 02:02   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The tail lamps looked a bit like i10, first I thought it was an i10 which might have been banged by someone from behind,. .... but what really confused me was that the small part of the round logo visible looked like the Skoda logo.
Could it have been the Skoda Roomster?

Pic : Skoda website
Old 6th June 2008, 10:00   #206
BHPian

Well I will be on look out for it. I hope I will see it again and then I will put down the details.

Till then lets get back to NNHC.
Old 6th June 2008, 20:58   #207
BHPian

NNHC design in PS

Here is my take on the Next Generation Honda City created in Photoshop. PS gurus, please forgive my vague attempt at recreating the picture from the spy pics. Please leave a comment

And Awarty, nice find. Congrats!!!

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-honda-city.jpg
Old 7th June 2008, 01:36   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post
Here is my take on the Next Generation Honda City created in Photoshop. PS gurus, please forgive my vague attempt at recreating the picture from the spy pics. Please leave a comment

And Awarty, nice find. Congrats!!!

Attachment 19408
Quite a good attepmt I should say Vivek! Gives the rough Idea about the looks of the whole car! Good one!
Old 7th June 2008, 08:39   #209
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post
please forgive my vague attempt
Vague attempt? I think thats an excellent attempt. The car looks very much like the one in the spy pics!
Old 7th June 2008, 10:34   #210
Senior - BHPian

Excellent attempt Vivek ! Gives us a better how idea how it ll look now. Great work !
Closed Thread

Most Viewed