Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2008, 08:08   #226
BHPian

Thank you....Thanks a ton for the compliments.

The rear end styling is a weak point. The rear looks somewhat bland. The Honda logo, badges and a spoiler should add some flair,let's hope so.

It must be pointed out that the rear tail lights have a body colour masking at their top. I dont know if anyone really noticed that. Without the masking it should look somewhat like in the second photograph.

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-2.jpg
SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-2e.jpg

Looking at the edge of the masking, I believe that the tail lights themselves are like the new Accord's(front and rear- look closely next time in case you haven't) with a bulge at the corners. Trying to create that in PS is not too easy, at least with my basic skills.

Like what Maruti did with the Swift , Honda must be launching this car with normal variety(not crystal ones) tail light fixtures so that they can have a facelift later on, say in a year or two. This would work out to be cheaper as their upgrade to clear lenses will only cost the component supplier. Cant say what is in their minds..
Old 9th June 2008, 09:20   #227
BHPian

Thats a pice of art done with photoshop.
Great work!!!!!
Old 9th June 2008, 10:57   #228
BHPian

good job done Vivek

If your photoshop generated image matches the all new honda city, then it is going to Rock. I am still worried, will Honda going to provide safety features in base model or continue to rule in top end version.
Old 9th June 2008, 12:14   #229
BHPian

A Teeny bit of Info on the New Honda City

Hi Guys,

Got my NHC Vtec free 2nd service today, something's up with Honda people these days, they Uber co-operative these days , I must have got at least half a dozen reminders to get car serviced.. now thats more like it , Honda finally learning something from Hyundai and Maruti.

Anyways i managed to befriend the technician who just came from training indulged in a little bit of info on the upcoming New Honda city.
1. The dash is somewhat like newly launched accord.
2. The shape is completely different from the current City and more like the Civic(as we seen the spy pics)
3. The engine is going to be i-vtec which 3 rocker arms instead 2 in the current v-tec.
4. Economy and power are going to be top notch.
5. Launch around mid-2009(which doubt.. i think by Nov-Dec'08)

I personally think after the new city's launch which will an assault on Toyota's jugular after which it will be difficult for them hold firm in this market. I feel that the new upcoming Corolla(Which has a Gem of an Engine) is not going to be a patch on the Civic,
Camry is already R.I.P. after the new Accord. So lets see how far Toyota can limp forward on the success of Innova.
Toyota needs to bring in vios and Fortuner in here pronto.
Old 9th June 2008, 12:43   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post
Here is my take on the Next Generation Honda City created in Photoshop.
Outstanding rendering. Creativity at its best!
Old 9th June 2008, 13:12   #231
Senior - BHPian

Vivek , You're right about the Body Coloured masking. That was spoiling the look of the rear. I hope Honda does make some changes to the rear. Now that we got the spy pics hope we get some pics of interiors too ! Awarty Hope you read this.
Old 9th June 2008, 13:25   #232
Senior - BHPian

Congratulation on a marvelous job Vivek, you have putted in life to the thread. Thanks for your efforts.
Old 9th June 2008, 15:18   #233
BHPian

nice findings bobster.

what difference would it make by having an additional rocker arm in the new engine. Is it related to performance?

cheers.
Old 9th June 2008, 17:53   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobster View Post
3. The engine is going to be i-vtec which 3 rocker arms instead 2 in the current v-tec.
Why do away with the iDSI engine? I know its has less power compared to most cars in that segment. I doubt if VTEC alone will be sold. Its always great to have choices. But if true, then we can expect a steep hike in the base model price.
Old 9th June 2008, 19:49   #235
BHPian

Given the way, the fuel prices are galloping northwards , having an i-DSI engine would make a business sense . My City gives me 16-17 in Mysore and I am sure happy with my decision again to go i-DSI City !
Old 9th June 2008, 20:40   #236

People somehow i didnot like the new NHC. The front seems copied from Innova, the rear from Accord and the side seems somewhat that of Corolla. The at present honda seems to be a better bet. Well thats my own personal opinion. Hope many of you mite have different viewpoints or the same. But would like to know as to how would you compare both the NHC and New NHC!!!!
Old 9th June 2008, 20:47   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Why do away with the iDSI engine? I know its has less power compared to most cars in that segment. I doubt if VTEC alone will be sold. Its always great to have choices. But if true, then we can expect a steep hike in the base model price.
I am also surprised with the decision. i-dsi is super economical and also cheaper to make...a big reason for the success of the NHC.
Old 9th June 2008, 21:01   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
nice findings bobster.

what difference would it make by having an additional rocker arm in the new engine. Is it related to performance?

cheers.
No idea boss but i guess 3 better than 2.
Old 9th June 2008, 23:01   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
I am also surprised with the decision. i-dsi is super economical and also cheaper to make...a big reason for the success of the NHC.
Yes, This is what I was thinking. One of the main success factors of the NHC is the fuel economy treading closely into hatchback FE figures. My Alto gives the same mileage quoted by many NHC owners here.

iDSI also gives a chance to have a cheaper Honda. A recent short drive of the car made me a believer of Honda's quality and feel. I now know why they are sold at a premium.

Me and my wife's dream car is a black CIVIC which I know is quite distant and will remain a dream for a few years. We seriously look forward to buy the NNHC in end 2009. We would be disappointed if a cheaper to buy and run iDSI is not available.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 9th June 2008 at 23:03.
Old 11th June 2008, 10:43   #240
BHPian

This city looks good.But no way it can be compared with the old v-tec.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks