Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2008, 01:35   #286
BANNED

im bored when is this car coming anyways. people are waiting for this like its some ferrari showroom opening in bombay. jeeez its just a honda. and to top it all they make paper cars. whats the head rush with this car i still dont understand.
Old 19th June 2008, 04:56   #287
Senior - BHPian

MOD NOTE:

Henceforth please refer to this car as either the '09 HC or Gen3 Honda City (as in 3rd generation).
NNHC or 'New New Honda City' is not correct English.

Last edited by Mpower : 19th June 2008 at 05:15.
Old 19th June 2008, 08:13   #288
BANNED

Who cares for a Ferrari? This is Honda, I am surprised that you are not excited . People are waiting to get their hands on the next generation car
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
im bored when is this car coming anyways. people are waiting for this like its some ferrari showroom opening in bombay. jeeez its just a honda. and to top it all they make paper cars. whats the head rush with this car i still dont understand.
Old 19th June 2008, 09:47   #289
BHPian

Its a Honda

Quote:
You have referred as its just a Honda. Well its a Honda and I dont think Honda is any less in technology as compared to Ferrari. It all the about the price which matters. Do you get to drive a Ferrari at Rs 20 Lakhs. Remember Honda produces the best petrol engine and all its cars are Highly fuel efficient.
Old 19th June 2008, 10:03   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Does it mean that the NNHC will be pushed to Corolla category? I doubt that. Then the NHC may continue else the segment pie will be open to cars like SX4 to eat.
Thats the question which is on everyone s mind. Will it be pushed to next level? Honda will surely not let SX4 eat away slice of its sales . But seeing the Civic E launch Seems like Honda is not intending 09 HC top end to pushed to Corolla level.
Old 19th June 2008, 11:47   #291
BHPian

Will the 3rd Gen City have CVT?

I am planning for a City CVT. Any information on the transmission in 3rd Gen City is appreciated.
Old 19th June 2008, 11:56   #292
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaykiran79 View Post
You have referred as its just a Honda. Well its a Honda and I dont think Honda is any less in technology as compared to Ferrari. It all the about the price which matters. Do you get to drive a Ferrari at Rs 20 Lakhs. Remember Honda produces the best petrol engine and all its cars are Highly fuel efficient.
why are you selling honda brand. i have 3 honda citys. i like them not so much that i shall hype. i drive a cvt daily thats only thing what i love. if you own a honda you will know how cheap their metal is. its horrid. i said ferrari showroom opening and not ferrari. and yes you can drive a ferrari for 500 pounds or buy one under 10000 pounds which is 8 laks or so.
Old 19th June 2008, 12:21   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Might be just a Honda... but most of us waiting can afford to buy one or hope to buy one in the future. As far as Ferrari is concerned I wouldn't be too excited about that... as neither can I afford one... or hope to buy one in the future (unless ofcourse someone gifts it to me or I win a big lottery or something). I, for one, am waiting for it that's why I am excited.
Old 19th June 2008, 12:32   #294
BHPian

Worth waiting for a Honda

Its worth waiting and getting exited about any Honda launch, specially the Honda City, as Honda has always delevered a World Class product. Honda Civic is a good example.
Old 19th June 2008, 14:21   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Thats the question which is on everyone s mind. Will it be pushed to next level? Honda will surely not let SX4 eat away slice of its sales . But seeing the Civic E launch Seems like Honda is not intending 09 HC top end to pushed to Corolla level.
Yep - Civic E is a clear indication that City will stay in the same level. I feel anyone planning to buy a VTEC should wait for the launch as the new car might work out to be cheaper. EXI/GXI is a different story though.
Old 19th June 2008, 14:44   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Yep - Civic E is a clear indication that City will stay in the same level. I feel anyone planning to buy a VTEC should wait for the launch as the new car might work out to be cheaper. EXI/GXI is a different story though.
I didn't know the launch of Civic -E Now i know 3rd Gen City will be priced int he same VTEC range, Like what they did with Accord, if some correct me i am wrong
Old 21st June 2008, 14:13   #297
BHPian

I don't like the looks. expected a little more from Honda.
Old 21st June 2008, 14:30   #298
Senior - BHPian

With the launch of Civic E, I am confused where will they put G3HC ( Generation 3 Honda City ). Initially I thought they wont discontinue the present G2HC ( Generation 2 Honda City ) as its immensely successful product.

But by the positioning of Civic E , they may end up discontinuing the G2HC, just like they did by discontinuing the G1HC ( Generation 1 Honda City ).
Old 21st June 2008, 15:00   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
With the launch of Civic E, I am confused where will they put G3HC ( Generation 3 Honda City ). Initially I thought they wont discontinue the present G2HC ( Generation 2 Honda City ) as its immensely successful product.

But by the positioning of Civic E , they may end up discontinuing the G2HC, just like they did by discontinuing the G1HC ( Generation 1 Honda City ).
I dunno what made you feel the G2HC would continue! The G1HC was the best of the lot , but still Honda discontinued it. I guess per City model has life cycle of 5 years. G2HC was launched in 2003 if im not mistaken. With the launch of Civic E just before City s launch is quite evident that Honda doesnt want City to compete with Corolla. With two engines rumoured to be launched ( 1.3 VTEC & 1.5 VTEC) , I feel G3HC will be available from 8-10 lacs range.
Old 21st June 2008, 23:25   #300

love to see this

Hi,
I was planning to buy a car but wait now as i had seen pics of NHC please tell when it is launching as being a defence personal i will get a good discount on it if i buy it from Defence Canteen,

please also tell i was planning to buy a Aveo 1.4 costing me 5 lakh from Army canteen Should i go for it or shoul i wait for NHC.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed