Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2008, 12:57   #361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper123 View Post
There is nothing wrong in publishing a computer generated image of a new car when the only pictures available of the car are the spy pics (with the car camaflouged). It is the only way of informing the public about the upcoming new car's looks. Isn't that what we want? Besides, they have given due credit to TBHP and the photographer awarty.
. Good point Hyper. I dont think there s anything wrong in publishing
the Computer Generated Pic when we had only few spy pics. Ateast they gave credit to team-bhp in a seperate column. IBN Live had instead given credit to the useless Overdrive team for finding this spy pics in Pune.
ACI had given some info on the car. But anyways its something great that
we could get more info on the New City instead of Thailand- the Home of the City.
Old 28th June 2008, 13:49   #362
BHPian

Karan & hyper123,

I beg to differ. I too picked up the mag, from a traffic-signal vendor. All that the cover said was 'Scoop! New Honda City'. Mind you, the magazine comes in a tamper-proof 'cover' which prevents you from glancing through the content/article.

Only after I got home did I realise it was a computer-generated image (though credit to them for giving credit to Team-BHP)! Now for someone who had seen the spy shots here and read about it earlier, this was a real bummer and my first thought was 'sue them' for misleading me (it's a different matter I won't action that thought...)

IMO, when they came across the spyshots on this website, they found an opportunity to cash in knowing very well about HC's demand in the market. At the end of the day, I'm 70 bucks poorer in these inflationary times!!

Cheers
Old 28th June 2008, 15:47   #363
Senior - BHPian

@ Jammy- I agree that ACI has taken good oppurtunity of posting the Computerised pics using T Bhp Spy pics . What im saying is atleast they gave
credit to t bhp in a seperate column, where as IBN Live had claimed that Overdrive had got this spy pics from Pune. IBN Live video had all pics New City pics from our forum & they didnt specify a word about t bhp in it.
Old 28th June 2008, 17:02   #364
BHPian

Team-BHP in Autocar-July 2008

Not sure how many folks have caught on, but team-bhp is once again in the news. Check out the Autocar Issue for July 08 on the Honda City scoop.
Quote " YOU CAN RUN but you can't hide,especially when the mobile phone, camera-totting enthusiasts spot you. Pune-based Arjun Warty a member of team-bhp.com, India's leading on-line portal for petrol heads and enthusiasts, chased this thinly-dusiguised City to get these images...."" Unquote

Mods: Not sure if this is the right section for the post

Last edited by sanjayatarizona : 28th June 2008 at 17:20.
Old 28th June 2008, 17:13   #365
Senior - BHPian

Good! These references are good for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayatarizona View Post
...Pune-based Arjun Warty a member of tea-bhp.com, India's leading on-line portal for petrol heads and enthusiasts...
You mean Team-BHP, right. Please change before the 20 minutes is out!
Old 28th June 2008, 17:17   #366
BHPian

Can anyone , help in getting to a site where idSI and Vtec are described in detail. Including the technical stuff about the engine.

Mods please feel free to move or delete this post, if it is appearing somewhere else in the forum. Couldn't find one with search.
Old 28th June 2008, 17:23   #367
BHPian

Mods, i think i am slow off the block. Getting too old. Can you knock this thread off. Looks like it is already active in the Honda City scoop thread..
Old 28th June 2008, 17:27   #368
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> Can anyone , help in getting to a site where idSI and Vtec are described in
> detail. Including the technical stuff about the engine.

I don't know what you already ahve seen, but take a look at the following:

The Truly Amazing Honda Fit/Jazz
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN i-DSI AND V-TEC ENGINE? - Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing
Honda Siel Cars India Ltd. :: Honda & Technology - Engines

Hope this is of use.
Old 28th June 2008, 19:25   #369
BANNED

this is the most boring thread ever. we have no pics no specs no pricing nothing. lets just wait and do yoga till then people
Old 28th June 2008, 21:00   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy70 View Post
Karan & hyper123,

I beg to differ. I too picked up the mag, from a traffic-signal vendor. All that the cover said was 'Scoop! New Honda City'. Mind you, the magazine comes in a tamper-proof 'cover' which prevents you from glancing through the content/article. . . . .
Yes, I do agree that they could have mentioned that it is a comp-generated image on the cover. Someone said that they have just modified a Civic, how did you people notice that?

Quote:
this is the most boring thread ever. we have no pics no specs no pricing nothing. lets just wait and do yoga till then people.
Engines: 1.3L with 100bhp and 1.5L VTEC with 118bhp. It is mentioned that they might be de-tuned 'for indian conditions' as usual.

Pricing if you ask me, they will have to price it close to what current city sells for, otherwise, they will encroach Civic & Corolla territory and that is not good for sales of both City and Civic.

Last edited by hyper123 : 28th June 2008 at 21:04.
Old 29th June 2008, 08:57   #371
BANNED

Launch is in October and you want the prices in June .
How about bookmarking this link, and coming back when you are done with burning crackers during Diwali? Maybe you will be an yoga expert by then
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
this is the most boring thread ever. we have no pics no specs no pricing nothing. lets just wait and do yoga till then people
Old 29th June 2008, 11:55   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

> Can anyone , help in getting to a site where idSI and Vtec are described in
> detail. Including the technical stuff about the engine.

I don't know what you already ahve seen, but take a look at the following:

The Truly Amazing Honda Fit/Jazz
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN i-DSI AND V-TEC ENGINE? - Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing
Honda Siel Cars India Ltd. :: Honda & Technology - Engines

Hope this is of use.

Thanks a lot buddy, for the help.
Old 29th June 2008, 12:11   #373
Ram
Senior - BHPian

What if they continue to sell the old NHC, and reposition this offering with a new name for India, like Honda Ballade or Honda Integra or some sh*t like that, a-la- Octavia/Laura/Accent/Verna ?
Old 29th June 2008, 14:47   #374
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
What if they continue to sell the old NHC, and reposition this offering with a new name for India, like Honda Ballade or Honda Integra or some sh*t like that, a-la- Octavia/Laura/Accent/Verna ?
Don't give them ideas man. They might keep Exi & Gxi to compete with the likes of SX4 and use the new model with a powerful VTEC in the 8-10 lac territory .

Till such time Suzuki doesn't redesign the SX4 to a more acceptable design and performance, Honda can do whatever they want. There is no real competition to them in this segment.
Old 29th June 2008, 16:37   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post

Sir, I am of the opinion that Honda will discontinue the G2HC ( Generation 2 Honda City ). Back when G2HC was introduced, Honda boldly discontinued the G1HC. At that point of time, G1HC was selling like hot cakes and had no real competition. The new City they came up with was a radical departure from the original, but still Honda went on to replace G1HC. Going by their earlier moves and standards, they will IMO, discontinue G2HC and come up with G3HC with two engines, 1.3ltr. and 1.5ltr.
1.3ltr G3HC will be priced in approximately SX4 price zone and 1.5ltr. G3HC will be priced in the present VTEC City zone.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 29th June 2008 at 16:38.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed