Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2008, 13:00   #511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
That would be a stupid move my Honda.
I think the dealer is saying this to persuade you to get the Exi or Gxi since the Vtec is already discontinued.
Right and wrong Sahil. Considering the noise Honda is making about "only latest technology for India", its not a great thing to do.

But a very good thing to do to increase market penetration and offer a wider range of products. The old City will continue to cater to the entry level semi-premium market(crazy market segment, I just created).

While the new City will take the battle upto the Altis and others and cover the vaccum between City and Civic. This was one segment Honda has no offering and the new product will just fit in. Hum bhi Kush, Honda bhi kush!!!
Old 19th August 2008, 13:18   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
While the new City will take the battle upto the Altis and others and cover the vaccum between City and Civic. This was one segment Honda has no offering and the new product will just fit in. Hum bhi Kush, Honda bhi kush!!!
Let Civic take on Altis and lets not expect City to do that. City will have a 1.5 VTEC and Altis should have a 1.8 L Petrol I guess, correct me if im wrong about the Altis. Let both cars be launched first before we get into more comparisons.
Old 19th August 2008, 13:25   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Right and wrong Sahil. Considering the noise Honda is making about "only latest technology for India", its not a great thing to do.

But a very good thing to do to increase market penetration and offer a wider range of products. The old City will continue to cater to the entry level semi-premium market(crazy market segment, I just created).

Looking at the Honda existance in India, I dont think they will place NNHC and G3HC side by side. Honda will definately discontinue i-DSI
Old 19th August 2008, 13:32   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Let Civic take on Altis and lets not expect City to do that. City will have a 1.5 VTEC and Altis should have a 1.8 L Petrol I guess, correct me if im wrong about the Altis. Let both cars be launched first before we get into more comparisons.
From what it looks like, the Altis will have a 1.8L petrol engine at the time of the launch and there is no word on the D4D yet.

I agree with you on the positioning of the City... it will be perceived at a higher level than the current City, but NO WAY it can take on the Altis. That's a job for the Civic. That said, I do like the way the N-NHC has been designed, especially the rear pillars resembling the Civic. Honda has another winner on the pipeline now.

Last edited by quicksilver : 19th August 2008 at 13:33.
Old 19th August 2008, 15:35   #515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For many people like me (blind Toyota fans) the City3 is a bigger competition for the Altis then Civic. As a potential customer I would compare these two models only. Civic is currently not offering me what Altis is offering, therefore I have already ruled it out. But so far the City3 looks great in terms of styling, safety and features. It looks equally premium and is equally latest, and may be better FE. It won’t be a whole segment below Altis and Civic but rather in the segment of Optra and Cidia, this currently is the best VFM segment. It will cost much lesser then Altis, so if I want to keep my EMI low then I might go for City3. Any one opting for lowest model of Civic or Altis can opt to go for highest model of 'City3', which will at least have better features then Civic Sports (And E) which are : stereo controls mounted on steering and blinkers on OVRMs and yes Alloys (not in E) if things are good then even 'pedal shifts' (now imagine) (. Civic will be low on features in front of Altis, until they get newer variants at lesser price, with more features, it will face a hard time. I already see on face of Honda salesmen when talking about Altis, they become speechless.

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 19th August 2008 at 15:52.
Old 19th August 2008, 15:41   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
For many people like me (blind Toyota fans) the City3 is a bigger competition for the Altis then Civic. As a potential customer I would compare these two models only. Civic is currently not offering me what Altis is offering, therefore I have already ruled it out. But so far the City3 looks great in terms of styling, safety and features. It looks equally premium and is equally latest, and may be better FE. It won’t be a whole segment below Altis and Civic but rather in the segment of Optra and Cidia, this currently is the best VFM segment. It will cost much lesser then Altis, so if I want to keep my EMI low then I might go for City3. Any one opting for lowest model of Civic or Altis can opt to go for highest model of 'City3', which will at least have better features then Civic Sports (And E) which are : stereo mounted on steering and blinkers on OVRMs and yes Alloys (not in E). Civic will be low on features in front of Altis, until they get newer variants at lesser price, with more features, it will face a hard time. I already see on face of Honda salesmen when talking about Altis, they become speechless.
Spot on!

So it would rather be a case of a "Feature-rich" low-end variant vs a bare-bones high end variant. So Honda would rather have a real tough time pricing the City3
Old 19th August 2008, 15:50   #517
Senior - BHPian

I think we should stick to the topic of New City here. Lets compare Altis vs Civic and competition in Altis thread.
Old 19th August 2008, 16:45   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
For many people like me (blind Toyota fans) the City3 is a bigger competition for the Altis then Civic. As a potential customer I would compare these two models only. Civic is currently not offering me what Altis is offering, therefore I have already ruled it out. But so far the City3 looks great in terms of styling, safety and features. It looks equally premium and is equally latest, and may be better FE. It won’t be a whole segment below Altis and Civic but rather in the segment of Optra and Cidia, this currently is the best VFM segment. It will cost much lesser then Altis, so if I want to keep my EMI low then I might go for City3. Any one opting for lowest model of Civic or Altis can opt to go for highest model of 'City3', which will at least have better features then Civic Sports (And E) which are : stereo controls mounted on steering and blinkers on OVRMs and yes Alloys (not in E) if things are good then even 'pedal shifts' (now imagine) (. Civic will be low on features in front of Altis, until they get newer variants at lesser price, with more features, it will face a hard time. I already see on face of Honda salesmen when talking about Altis, they become speechless.
Why do people want indicators on OVRMs? OVRMs are very prone to damage by bikers & other vehicles specially in heavy traffic. For me, indicators there will only make the OVRMs even more expensive than they already are and I dont see much utility of it. I mean there already are indicators at front, back & sides. Except for maybe some style statement is there any utility in those?

Sorry I think I have gone
Old 19th August 2008, 16:56   #519
BANNED

Sometime I wonder what is the use of paint on car body, when every other day somebody scrapes the paint off ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Why do people want indicators on OVRMs? OVRMs are very prone to damage by bikers & other vehicles specially in heavy traffic
Old 19th August 2008, 17:23   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think we should stick to the topic of New City here. Lets compare Altis vs Civic and competition in Altis thread.
It is not about Altis vs Civic and Competition, its about 'City3 vs Altis' and 'City3 vs Civic' and this is the best thread to stickkk for it.
Old 19th August 2008, 17:27   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
That would be a stupid move my Honda.

I think the dealer is saying this to persuade you to get the Exi or Gxi since the Vtec is already discontinued.
I absolutely agree coz i got a call from Southend Honda, Delhi whom I had visted around 3 months back.Same is the case with Classic Honda guy and he called me thrice in past two days.
Honda suddenly became customer friendly( to clear out their existing NHC stocks)
Old 19th August 2008, 17:33   #522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Sometime I wonder what is the use of paint on car body, when every other day somebody scrapes the paint off ....
you really think both fall in the same category? if yes then i wouldn't even bother arguing with you
Old 19th August 2008, 17:33   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Ouch! Sarcasm eh ?

I guess thats a really valid point. One T-Bhp member had paid 2k to the dealer to get Indicators on OVRMs fixed on his UVA. I really think its a bad investment, the OVRMs are the extreme-est part of the car body. Before your paint gets scraped off when rubbing against a wall, your OVRMs would have seen their death.
Old 19th August 2008, 17:35   #524
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
you really think both fall in the same category? if yes then i wouldn't even bother arguing with you
dont bother arguing with him. hes just gonna defend every feature of the honda city.

anyway this new city looks promising and hopefully honda will actually give the 120bhp engine.
Old 19th August 2008, 17:49   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
anyway this new city looks promising and hopefully honda will actually give the 120bhp engine.
120bhp and within the 10L bracket might be a Civic (132bhp?) killer atleast for the lower end Civics. Dont think that will happen. Close to 110bhp seems more likely.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks