Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2008, 20:59   #586
Senior - BHPian

It certainly looks cooler then the existing one available in the market, however as speculated telescopic interiors also introduced into Honda City !!!
Old 24th August 2008, 21:17   #587
Senior - BHPian

nice pics. But looking at the interior I feel this City is just a small step forward from the existing one. The interior is pretty similar to the current car. The instrument console, the A/C vents, the position of the A/C knobs, the audio system, the cup holders and even the position of the front door speakers is exactly the same as the current car. Albeit within a more swoopy dashboard design.
Given that Honda may give it with ABS + Airbags and an i-VTEC engine I really don't think it can command a price higher than the existing VTEC with those add-ons.
Then there are the questions - Will it match the current engines in FE? Is the legroom as good, especially at the back? Does it have as big a boot?
To a current City owner these things matter when it comes to upgrading.

Last edited by StarScream : 24th August 2008 at 21:19.
Old 24th August 2008, 22:57   #588
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_trace View Post
I downloaded full pictures
No Climate control? The Swift Zxi at 5.5 L has one.
Old 25th August 2008, 04:51   #589
BHPian

Hey the car looks great..hope the pricing is right..it looks like a mini civic, the interior could have been better, it reminds of the optra interior.
Old 25th August 2008, 05:10   #590
Senior - BHPian

This car definitely conquers with its contemporary looks and style. However, it is the pricing that is going to make a difference here.

One thing that bothers me is that front grille that seems to be too large and obtrusive.
Old 25th August 2008, 09:44   #591
BHPian

Guys
Whatever said and done, surely the car looks good.
But with rising fuel costs makes one tilt towards a diesel option.
If city is priced at around 9 to 9.5 lacs, then it would fall in the category of Magnum.
So would make it really hard for someone going in for a car with that budget to overlook the Magnum.
After all the FE of both cars is approx. same.
But one is a diesel and other petrol.
What do you guys have to say about this?
Old 25th August 2008, 10:01   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Guys
If city is priced at around 9 to 9.5 lacs, then it would fall in the category of Magnum.
So would make it really hard for someone going in for a car with that budget to overlook the Magnum.
the hallmark of the current city is its fuel economy , honda knows this and is too smart to mess it up with the new upcoming city , so be rest assured about this
Old 25th August 2008, 10:06   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline gtr r34 View Post
the hallmark of the current city is its fuel economy , honda knows this and is too smart to mess it up with the new upcoming city , so be rest assured about this
Hey Skyline
Wat i meant to say was that the earlier city was priced at around 8 lacs.
Making it 1.5 lacs cheaper to magnum.So the low running cost of magnum were offset by low initial cost of the city.
But if the G3HC comes at a price tag of 9.5 lacs Honda would no longer have that advantage.
Also even though Honda City gives a mileage of 14 kmpl, still running an Optra Magnum diesel would cost less, provided both are priced at 9.5 lacs.
I wish Honda doesn't overprice the City else counscious buyers would wean away to a diesel option.
Old 25th August 2008, 10:09   #594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Guys
There is no figures of FE of 1.5 VTEC City yet. Magnum wins in the VFM department but its A** , resale are majore issues which might pull away few customers. Also City ZX was doing well inspite of diesel competition from Fiesta , Verna. Honda will have its own buyers. Agreed New City vs Magnum will be a good fight but i do feel if people want Petrol and Honda badge with piece of mind they ll stick to the City. So lets just wait for City prices .

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
nice pics. But looking at the interior I feel this City is just a small step forward from the existing one. The interior is pretty similar to the current car. The instrument console, the A/C vents, the position of the A/C knobs, the audio system, the cup holders and even the position of the front door speakers is exactly the same as the current car. Albeit within a more swoopy dashboard design.
Given that Honda may give it with ABS + Airbags and an i-VTEC engine I really don't think it can command a price higher than the existing VTEC with those add-ons.
Then there are the questions - Will it match the current engines in FE? Is the legroom as good, especially at the back? Does it have as big a boot?
To a current City owner these things matter when it comes to upgrading.

I agree with you to an extent after looking at the exterior pics i expected a step forward in interiors too . But still they look quite good. The legroom , boot space should nt be a issue IMO as in the pics the City does look bigger. So as of now i dont think it ll be big issue. The main question is price & FE!
Old 25th August 2008, 10:12   #595
BHPian

Oh great pix but certainly the interiors looks terrible in those gray/silver dash. And what we get different types of knobs for AC and flow controls .
Old 25th August 2008, 10:14   #596
BHPian

price is the biggest issue , at 9.5 lakh where does it leave the civic ? , the new car looks as cool as the civic & seems to have civic like interiors seems like it would be a sx4 vs swift dezire kind of family feud.
Old 25th August 2008, 10:34   #597
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
The interior is pretty similar to the current car. The instrument console, the A/C vents, the position of the A/C knobs, the audio system, the cup holders and even the position of the front door speakers is exactly the same as the current car. Albeit within a more swoopy dashboard design.
True, but why change something that ain't broken? It does look like an evolved version of the current interior design and I am not complaining. The Civic-style steering wheel adds character (amazing what a steering can do!). I only wish they'd provided climate control across the board.

Though we were the first to know what the 3rd gen City will look like, after seeing these close-up pictures, I am so glad that Honda hasn't carried forward the awkward spaceship look of the NHC. The clean look alone will give them higher acceptability in the market.

Ideally, the pricing should be more or less in the range of the current NHC. Maybe a slight premium, but not so much to catapult them into a higher segment and lose the value that the current City provides.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2008, 10:34   #598
BHPian

The car looks good , but interior + feature it is NOT leap ahead of current city, but they are better.

I hope they will provide more features with minimum price hike.
Old 25th August 2008, 10:59   #599
BHPian

Autocar Images were very accurate! I guess they had already gotten hold of the car's actual pictures, and the pics were labled a 'photoshop job' just to cover their tracks.

But yes, the interiors are an evolution rather than a revolution. I was toying with the idea of replacing my NHC with this. Now though...I don't think so.
Old 25th August 2008, 11:06   #600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Ideally, the pricing should be more or less in the range of the current NHC. Maybe a slight premium, but not so much to catapult them into a higher segment and lose the value that the current City provides.
That should be right if the previous generation is not sold.

The the biggest question, will Honda retain the existing car and sell the new generation also like most Indian manufacturers. If yes, a small premium in price will affect the sales of old model, right? Unless they decide to a planned phase out of the old model through its sales cannibalization.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks