Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2008, 09:40   #616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
ma 2 cents:

after looking at the pics I must say that the 08NHC has come up very well. its sporty from outside.

but the Interiors are disappointing. IMO the center panel where the music system & A/C controls are placed looks very cheap with all silver+black & does not even match the steering wheel.
. I think the steering and the tachometer save the interiors. The Centre Panel feels quite outta place .
Old 26th August 2008, 09:43   #617
Team-BHP Support

that centre console reminds me of the interiors on the endeavour. the speedo and tacho look great.
Old 26th August 2008, 10:07   #618
BHPian

I still hope that the India spec car would have better interiors. Final judgement would need to wait till then.
Old 26th August 2008, 11:07   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul_singh View Post
I still hope that the India spec car would have better interiors. Final judgement would need to wait till then.
That's possible. But, I hope Honda doesn't come out with fake wood for the Indian City. I prefer the one shown in the pictures here compared to the wood.
Old 26th August 2008, 11:15   #620
BHPian

I was thinking more in terms of dark gray interiors with well textured plastics. But the whole country seems to have taken a liking to beige (or "cream" as Clarkson puts it). So who am I to complain?
Old 26th August 2008, 14:14   #621
BHPian

Vinod, I think you missed the front arm rest in the pix. They seem to have provided that..

Regarding the interior color combi...if we look at the current CityZX, they have both - false wood and silver finishes, so we may get the 3rd gen also with similar finishes especially assuming that the pix are of the high end model (paddle shift etc).

Another news article in ET on festive season launches says "Honda will bring its new City in the middle of next month"
New launches to speed up car sales- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvvinod View Post
Here is some yes and no’s I observed from the photos

No
====
Electrical adjusted Wing Mirrors
Steering audio Controls
Front Arm rest
Automatic Climate Control AC
As usual no Engine Temperature Meter
Internal glass antenna

Yes
=============
Front fog Lamp
Chrome exhaust finish
Indicator Lights on Wing mirrors
SRS air Bag
All 4 Wheel Disk Brake

While looking at the pictures i feel that

There will be 3 variants’ from 1.3 which will replace the Exi, Gxi and Gxi CVT

And 1 topend 1.5 Model so that they can price it in the current range (might be 10k more)

The base version will not have ABS, Airbags, alloy wheels which we saw in the first spy picture.

Then Next version / CVT version (new photos) which will have all the above but no leather seats, steering wheel audio control and Climate Control AC

1.5 Will be having all the above and 6 speaker audio system, internal glass antenna and Chrome Door handle ( this will fight with new Corolla 1.6 if it is coming in India)

15" wheels will be default for across the version

Also noticed that 3rd gen city has only one Glow box where NHC has 2
Old 26th August 2008, 16:05   #622
Senior - BHPian

It looks more civic-ish, but with bmw-ish lamps at the rear. wonder what with honda to change from rounded lamps to rectangular ones!
Old 26th August 2008, 17:18   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Isn't that decent considering our pathetic Indian conditions - roads, traffic, fuel, air quality?
Yes, but I must say, however much we Delhi fellows crib about our roads, they are miles ahead of other cities in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
StarScream you are right. Honda should consider the 100 bhp 1.3 too for India if it can trounce (and from the website, it will) the existing City in mileage. In fact mileage is one of the key aspect which made the current City ubiquitous - and still make it rule the charts.

But i do hope they provide both options. 1.5 VTEC should be a hoot to drive.
I agree with you - FE is the strong point of the current City, definitely not performance. The new engines seem to have the best of both worlds. And Honda has sold two engines in the City before.
Old 26th August 2008, 17:22   #624
Senior - BHPian

I think the base model coming in December has a different engine. It could be the 1.3L and it's going to be cheaper too.
Old 26th August 2008, 18:19   #625
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I think the base model coming in December has a different engine. It could be the 1.3L and it's going to be cheaper too.
WHAAAAT NC, tell me you are kidding? Do you have concrete information that the 1.3L is going to be cheaper than the current NHC 1.5?
Old 27th August 2008, 01:12   #626
BHPian

The A/c controls and that silver painted panel seem to be inspired from the toyota Yaris sedan.
Old 27th August 2008, 01:17   #627
BHPian

nice car, looks better than all the recent previous gen city cars, and some one please confirm if there is going to be a 1.3L if its there then i just might book one.
Old 27th August 2008, 01:24   #628
BANNED

Man!
You mean the 1.3 is coming again in the Honda City? Back to future?
There'll be lots of buyers for the luxury version of the 1.3 if it's cheaper than the SX4 and the current City base model. Pure business for Honda.

But then, hope they give us the OHC Vtec kind of a real performer in the 1.5! (on my knees, hands joined and eyes closed) Amen!
Old 27th August 2008, 01:59   #629

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
I think its going to be the same 1.3ltr ivtec engine that does duty in the civic hybrid.It puts out 110bhp.
Old 27th August 2008, 02:34   #630
BHPian

Quote:
wow! But to be honest, this is a bit baffling to me..are they going to put a 1.3 L engine as against the 1.5 L that the current NHC has? then, why not retain the 1.5 L idsi, if FE was the consideration?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks