Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2008, 14:59   #676
BHPian

Did called up Ring Road Honda (NCR) to confirm, initially she refused and when I said about Thai launch on 9th, she said ya its going to come in India too this month. We cann't confirm the date, but it will going to be in Sept only that's for sure. And confirm she will gona call me back once they have car on display..
Old 4th September 2008, 10:31   #677
Distinguished - BHPian

Found a few sideview pics. of the car spotted in CHINA ;

Japan Car Blog | Just Japanese Car News
Old 4th September 2008, 14:00   #678
BHPian

Got the same reply when I checked with a dealer here in Blr. Launch in Sept and deliveries to start only by Nov....they too said they would call back once the car is available on display (pricing would touch 10lacs otr blr).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Did called up Ring Road Honda (NCR) to confirm, initially she refused and when I said about Thai launch on 9th, she said ya its going to come in India too this month. We cann't confirm the date, but it will going to be in Sept only that's for sure. And confirm she will gona call me back once they have car on display..
Old 5th September 2008, 14:11   #679
BHPian

Hey people today I was speaking to one of Honda showroom guys in Bangalore as we are planning to add another Honda to our family, they are offering very good discount on the current city as the new City i-VTEC plus is getting launched in the October end. The new car will be from my younger brother, I think he is not willing to wait and might lock the deal for the Civic. The new city is priced somewhere between 9-12.5 L, we are planning for going to basic model civic and then add some stuffs to it. The sick part in buying a basic model is they are giving it with wheel caps instead of alloys spending 13.45L and getting the wheels caps? I don’t think its good deal.
Old 5th September 2008, 14:18   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
they are offering very good discount on the current city as the new City
Can you please post the details of the discount that they were offering for the current city ?.
Old 5th September 2008, 14:22   #681
BHPian

vinay,
just curious, what is the discount they are offering on the current City?
I also notice that they are offering decent exchange prices for existing car owners.
Old 5th September 2008, 16:52   #682
BHPian

Some more stats on the new city :
1.3 ivtec with 101 bhp and 1.5 ivtec with 120-130 bhp with 3 variants each would be launched in India.

current cityZX has discounts of a min of 20k - depending on your nego skills you could get a better bargain since almost 100 to 200 of these are still available with the dealers here in Blr.
Old 5th September 2008, 18:46   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujai View Post
Can you please post the details of the discount that they were offering for the current city ?.
They are offering some cash discount and accessories on the existing city; they offered me 20k cash discount and some accessories. But as I was not interested on the existing one so did not speak more about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
vinay,
just curious, what is the discount they are offering on the current City?
I also notice that they are offering decent exchange prices for existing car owners.
Yes, they are offering decent exchange prices for existing honda owners.
Old 5th September 2008, 20:25   #684

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjay View Post
Heard from a dealer: September 25 the date, 9.25 lakhs the price
Honda would price it at about 8.5 L OTR to beat SX4. Anything more than that will not make a VFM deal for a 100 BHP car. Honda for sure likes to milk us for the big brand equity they have built but also know where to stop.....prices 8.5L - 10.5L OTR...
Old 5th September 2008, 21:56   #685
Senior - BHPian

Hi

Regarding the discounts being offered on Honda City.

My brother went to Kamdhenu Honda in Baroda, Gujarat.

For Gxi version, he was offered a discount of Rs. 35k.

that included free insurance of Rs. 20k, corporate discount of Rs.10k and Rs.5k accessories.

When asked about new honda city, they first denied it, but when my bro told them its already in autocar and other magazine, the manager disclosed that it will take 3 to 4 months to arrive. that is in showrooms and start delivery.
Old 6th September 2008, 12:22   #686
GTO
Team-BHP Support

According to NC, there is a good chance that the new Honda City will be launched around diwali. Production of the current model is being simmered down.
Old 6th September 2008, 12:30   #687
BHPian

One of my known is Service head in Southend Honda (NCR), He told me the new car will be out very soon, no date confirmed yet but in last week of Sept.

Last edited by S_budhiraj : 6th September 2008 at 12:31. Reason: spell mistake
Old 6th September 2008, 12:31   #688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
According to NC, there is a good chance that the new Honda City will be launched around diwali. Production of the current model is being simmered down.
Both ACI and NC have mentioned Diwali launch. But as per few members, dealers are expecting the launch this month end itself!!
Old 7th September 2008, 00:09   #689
Senior - BHPian

The car will be launched on 25th september in Delhi.
Old 7th September 2008, 13:23   #690

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
The car will be launched on 25th september in Delhi.
September end seems to be a very probable date though the actual deliveries may take longer. Honda's share will go to Toyota / SX4 etc if they delay it further. Nothing destroys brand equity & market share more than the absence of the product from the market. The current City is EOL product and as good as not being there. The Japanese Strategists know this for sure....
Closed Thread

Most Viewed