Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2008, 19:13   #811
Senior - BHPian

fyi - a colleague tells me he saw the latest Honda City yesterday afternoon in Delhi, near Ashram, with a temp, red UP number plate. Similar silverish color to the one Awarty spotted right at the beginning of this thread.
Old 15th September 2008, 19:15   #812
Senior - BHPian

Hi Appchan,

correct me if im wrong here,
The City achieves the flat rear floor primarily by placing the fuel tank underneath the front seats, thus sparing room beneath the rear ones.

Now there is unutilised space underneath front seats in most vehicles with tall profiles, some of them do use it for underseat storage spaces. So by placing the fuel tank underneath the front seat Honda is making use of dead space and liberating more room towards the rear.

Isnt that a good thing.
Old 15th September 2008, 20:49   #813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Hi Appchan,

The City achieves the flat rear floor primarily by placing the fuel tank underneath the front seats, thus sparing room beneath the rear ones.

Now there is unutilised space underneath front seats in most vehicles with tall profiles, some of them do use it for underseat storage spaces. So by placing the fuel tank underneath the front seat Honda is making use of dead space and liberating more room towards the rear.

Isnt that a good thing.
I think there are 2 different things here
  1. If the fuel tank is moved from beneath the rear seats, it liberates space and one can move the leg/ankle bellow the seat
  2. Many cars have a bulge in the floor where the middle passenger in the rear sits. In a car like SX4, I know it is due to the 4X4 trasmission channel that is present in the parent model. I am not sure why this bulge is necessary in the front wheel driven cars
Old 15th September 2008, 21:05   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Hi Appchan,

Isnt that a good thing.
I never meant to say that one option is good or other is bad. Since another member mentioned that flat floor means less leg space in case of NHC, I was trying to say that its not always the case, as in Civic and Altis where it looks pretty good. In NHC the advantage of a flat floor is compromised by the fuel tank position. In Altis and Civic, the flat space is achieved by re-positioning the exhaust pipe rather than fuel tank. But then this may have other issues related to GC.
Old 15th September 2008, 21:59   #815
Senior - BHPian

New City advt. in Thailand( Annoying background music)

Old 16th September 2008, 15:03   #816
Senior - BHPian

Didnt know where to put this. Heres a video of the Honda Jazz on my trip to bankok sometime last year. Its a very small clip.

Old 16th September 2008, 15:52   #817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Didnt know where to put this. Heres a video of the Honda Jazz on my trip to bankok sometime last year. Its a very small clip.

YouTube - Honda Jazz

OT:

Thanks for the Video, I think we already have a thread discussing the to be launched Jazz.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...bird-jazz.html

Also i think the video of Jazz is of previous gen. Few markets have already got the Next Gen Jazz which will be launched in India in 2009

Last edited by karanraheja : 16th September 2008 at 15:57.
Old 16th September 2008, 17:37   #818
Senior - BHPian

Just spoke to Honda dealer. He confirmed 25th Sept launch. But he said there will be only 2 variants : 1 M and 1 AT. I thought we ll get 2 MT and 1 AT!!! He also gave a shock in pricing : nothing below 10 lacs!!! Could it be he s quoting higher to clear the present City stock???
Old 16th September 2008, 17:46   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Just spoke to Honda dealer. He confirmed 25th Sept launch. But he said there will be only 2 variants : 1 M and 1 AT. I thought we ll get 2 MT and 1 AT!!! He also gave a shock in pricing : nothing below 10 lacs!!! Could it be he s quoting higher to clear the present City stock???
He's probably speculating, because as per the news I got from someone reliable, they expect the announcement (soft launch?) to be done on 25th Sep 2008 and actual deliveries not to start before mid-to-end Nov.

No proper information on pricing and the variants yet. Sundaram Honda may take bookings from 25th Sep based on the pricing info (if it gets released the same day).
Old 16th September 2008, 17:50   #820
BHPian

If the G3HC is priced at 10 lacs on road or ex-showroom, Altis base model shall eat its sales raw.
Honda please stop ripping us.
10 lacs for a car that was earlier priced at 7.6 to 8.5.
Not sure how it will fare with such a hefty price tag.
Old 16th September 2008, 19:13   #821
BHPian

Pure speculation. Honda will price it at a premium, but no way on earth will they price at 10L ex showroom. Probably it will cost 10L on road in Bangalore for the AT version. I think he is trying to clear the old NHC stock.
Old 16th September 2008, 19:18   #822
Senior - BHPian

I think most dealers will push the 10 lac rumors considering having to clear present stock especially since the market gets slower as the year ends.
The new City is a great car but 10 lacs will be a buffoonery that hopefully Honda wont commit.

Considering that they are upping their production capacity in a big way and the new Citys volumes will have a direct impact on the sister Jazz model, I believe that Honda will aim for economy of scale.

Therefore we can hopefully see the City being priced very competitively.
Old 16th September 2008, 20:44   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balaji_n29 View Post
Pure speculation. Honda will price it at a premium, but no way on earth will they price at 10L ex showroom. Probably it will cost 10L on road in Bangalore for the AT version. I think he is trying to clear the old NHC stock.
10 lacs OTR in Bangalore was quoted sometime back by one of the dealers who also said that each of the 3 dealers in Bangalore were having a stock of almost 150 cars. So it is very clear the dealer was trying to clear his stocks.
Old 16th September 2008, 22:28   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
No way Dealers are just spredding the rumour to clear their stocks. I am sure Honda is not a fool, if they will keep the price 10L+ then their city will be a flop show as iPhone. Optra is available at that price range that too deisel, bigger and more luxurious.
Old 16th September 2008, 22:44   #825
Team-BHP Support

The Accord was launched with a very nice and an unlike-Honda price tag. I think the City too might follow suit.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks