Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2008, 18:53   #841
Senior - BHPian

The lady also said no music system, only provision for Ipod. Thats crazy since the current one has it. No ABS and other safety as standard.
Old 17th September 2008, 18:54   #842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
No ABS and other safety as standard.
(Siggghhh), I knew it was too good to be true
Old 17th September 2008, 19:31   #843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
The price would sky rocket with those features.
Old 17th September 2008, 19:44   #844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

On a serious note, you are buying the new Corolla, aren't you ?
Yes, that's ture (Altis). The instent he started speaking about new city I started collecting facts for T-bhp, he said that its coming in Nov and in Jan Jazz will also arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Please do not fall for it. He is trying to clear stock.
I know, these Honda salesman can lie till the last day of launch. I told him that the current HC is lesser then the OHC and now the new one, is it going to be even lesser?

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 17th September 2008 at 19:51.
Old 17th September 2008, 20:37   #845
Senior - BHPian

some good news:

ABS and airbags standard on expected 2 varients (s m/t and a/t)
1.5 i-vtec, 118 ps
14.3 kg-m
This model comes with audio with i-pod aux-in and usb port but NO CD PLAYER.
steering mounted audio controls and a seperate stereo remote standard .
automatic has paddle shift
it has beige interiors

the bad news:
no alloy wheels fitted from the factory.

(all details are preliminary and certain changes are expected at the time of launch but all the aforementioned features will 100% come in at least one India-spec variant)

soft press launch-september 25/26

cars will be available for display at diwali period or mid-november, at the time of commercial launch.

Last edited by sidindica : 17th September 2008 at 20:49.
Old 18th September 2008, 09:55   #846
Senior - BHPian

new Honda City pics

great pics of new honda city
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-hondacity0.jpg  

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-hondacity1.jpg  

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-hondacity2.jpg  

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-hondacity3.jpg  

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-hondacity4.jpg  

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-hondacity5.jpg  

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-hondacity6.jpg  

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-hondacity7.jpg  

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-hondacity9.jpg  

Old 18th September 2008, 10:03   #847
Senior - BHPian

some more pics of new city
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-hondacity8.jpg  

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-hondacity10.jpg  

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-hondacity11.jpg  

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-hondacity12.jpg  

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-hondacity13.jpg  

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-hondacity14.jpg  

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-hondacity15.jpg  

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-hondacity16.jpg  

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-hondacity17.jpg  

SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39-hondacity18.jpg  

Old 18th September 2008, 10:15   #848
BHPian

Great pictures there sidindia, now i'm having second thoughts about the interiors of the city, it seems very well contoured and i especially love the red backlighting.
Old 18th September 2008, 10:18   #849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
The price would sky rocket with those features.
Exactly! At 9 lacs, it is already over the exisiting model. And without the ABS & Airbags. I guess we'll have to go back to our guru, Aseem & ask him why the gyan went haywire
Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Similarly do not expect the new City to be costly. It will be in the same price range as the current model.

This is the bottom line. Speculate as much as you want, but once the new City is launched come and revist this post, and appreciate this Guru who gave you Gyan
Old 18th September 2008, 10:28   #850
BHPian

Hi Sid, where did you get these pics from? This one has ACC but looks it is meant for China because all the ASEAN countries has Right Hand Drive steering wheel.
Old 18th September 2008, 10:30   #851
Team-BHP Support

The front grill looks horrible to me. The more I look at it, the worse it gets. But overall, much better than the NHC.
Old 18th September 2008, 10:53   #852
BHPian

I talked to Dakshin Honda guys and apparently they have a big stock (around 130) of NHCs left for sale. It is a good time to negotiate some good deals which doesn't happen too often with Honda in India.
Old 18th September 2008, 11:31   #853
Senior - BHPian

Honda should get this car a new front grill. It looks so ugly on that car. Its amazing how they could have even passed such a design.

U know, when someone fools around with the "clone" tool on photoshop and duplicates the same thing again n again? Thats what the grill reminds me of. Hehe

On the other hand, 118ps and 14.3kgm is just brilliant!!! Thats around 78.6ps/ltr which i think is the highest output for an NA engine under 25 lakhs.

I just hope it isn't too heavy.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 18th September 2008 at 11:36.
Old 18th September 2008, 13:07   #854
BHPian

I am finding this car brilliant even though it doesnt come with CD player. Hey Sid, can you please forward us the link from where you got these pics. I hope India should get exactly the same car.
Old 18th September 2008, 13:15   #855
Senior - BHPian

I think the grill looks good and is on the lines of their newer model launches eg. Accord.
Most manufacturers have taken the safer route when it comes to gills and now they all look the same. If one just takes out the grills from most cars and cover the badges they all look alike and it tough to say one from the other.
At least in that respect the City has individuality.
But at 9 lacs im not entirely convinced, I think with increased competition in the Altis/Civic/Cedia segment one might see bigger discounts soon, especially towards year end. I dont know where a fully loaded City will stand at nearly 10 lacs.
Well its all speculation for now, Lets see what Honda decides at the launch.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks