Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2008, 17:02   #871
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
Good news Starscream. cheers: Did you got some more info on the same like pricing etc.??
nope sorry - no other details. Just the invite with date, time, place and who will be present. I guess pricing and specs will be revealed Thursday.
Old 19th September 2008, 22:44   #872

Can't wait to see..

Hi Fellow BHPians, I was watching this thread and so many more threads like this to make up my mind between SX4 and ANHC. I was not sure when exactly ANHC will be launched. It's a sigh of relief for me to know that at least soft launch is happening soon.

I know that it has been discussed in lot of threads but still before i make up my mind, i still need to get advise from some gurus here whether to go for SX4 or ANHC. I can afford a car worth ~9 L if it is VFM. My usage is mostly in Gurgaon city. Any suggestion will more than welcome.
Old 20th September 2008, 10:55   #873

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardaritesh View Post
Hi Fellow BHPians, I was watching this thread and so many more threads like this to make up my mind between SX4 and ANHC. I was not sure when exactly ANHC will be launched. It's a sigh of relief for me to know that at least soft launch is happening soon.

I know that it has been discussed in lot of threads but still before i make up my mind, i still need to get advise from some gurus here whether to go for SX4 or ANHC. I can afford a car worth ~9 L if it is VFM. My usage is mostly in Gurgaon city. Any suggestion will more than welcome.
I am in exactly same situation. Waiting with advance cash in hand for news on AHC before I go for SX4 ZXI.

With so many options/speculations I am little lost. Can someone summarize the configurations like AT available on AHC ?
Old 20th September 2008, 12:04   #874
Senior - BHPian

sardaritesh, Ramkan - guys just hang on for another 5 days. Starscream has mentioned that the launch is indeed confirmed for 25th Sep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardaritesh View Post
I can afford a car worth ~9 L if it is VFM.
Dont expect VFM from Honda. Expect refinement, performance, mileage, and possibly a reasonable price. Unfortunately, VFM and Honda don't mix in India.
Old 20th September 2008, 12:35   #875
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm sure that different people have different ideas and definitions of value for money. My perception is that the lower-price Honda models here offer excellent vfm

Quote:
Expect refinement, performance, mileage, and possibly a reasonable price [from Honda].
Could well be a good definition of VFM.
Old 20th September 2008, 17:54   #876
BHPian

Quite frankly nobody has a clue as to what features will be available on the Indian spec AHC. So its best to wait till Thursday..And to add to the speculations i guess the AT will only be available for the top spec variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkan View Post
I am in exactly same situation. Waiting with advance cash in hand for news on AHC before I go for SX4 ZXI.

With so many options/speculations I am little lost. Can someone summarize the configurations like AT available on AHC ?
Old 20th September 2008, 19:53   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I'm sure that different people have different ideas and definitions of value for money. My perception is that the lower-price Honda models here offer excellent vfm
Exxxaaactly! Couldn't agree with you more. VFM is a perception and it varies from person to person. And that's true not only for cars, btw!
Old 21st September 2008, 07:56   #878
BHPian

With Corolla Altis base model loaded with so many features, and priced just shade above 10, the new city pricing will be tricky for Honda.

With Maruti, Ford, Honda, Chev, and now Toyota base model, the choices galore with in the 7.5 to 10.5 lakh price band. That too SX4 and Altis well loaded.

Honda India hope you have your ears on the ground.
Old 21st September 2008, 11:27   #879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
With Corolla Altis base model loaded with so many features, and priced just shade above 10, the new city pricing will be tricky for Honda.

With Maruti, Ford, Honda, Chev, and now Toyota base model, the choices galore with in the 7.5 to 10.5 lakh price band. That too SX4 and Altis well loaded.

Honda India hope you have your ears on the ground.
Even the Ford Fiesta Sxi/1.6S are fully loaded cars. (If ABS/Airbags/Fogs is what defines a fully loaded car). At 8.2 OTR Chennai.

Honda sure is going to have its hands full wrt pricing. But then it has the luxury of sporting the Honda badge.
Old 21st September 2008, 12:03   #880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Even the Ford Fiesta Sxi/1.6S are fully loaded cars. (If ABS/Airbags/Fogs is what defines a fully loaded car). At 8.2 OTR Chennai.
with all due respects, i don't think Honda would even be bothered about Fiesta or its pricing. They have carved a niche for their products - and frankly Fiesta/Verna pertols don't hold a candle to the City when it comes to sales or customer perception. SX4 did that job for sometime, and it still is a worthwhile contender, though sales are slipping.

Fiesta/verna diesel is a different territory though - where Honda doesn't play.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 21st September 2008 at 12:05.
Old 21st September 2008, 13:28   #881
BHPian

Is the date confirmed for only Delhi? Is it getting soft-launched in Bangalore?

BH.
Old 21st September 2008, 13:45   #882
BHPian

Looks Honda has started making space for All New Honda CITY. They have changed their homepage. Check out the all new http://www.hondacarindia.com
Old 21st September 2008, 13:48   #883
Senior - BHPian

Noticed this little gem?

Quote:
HSCI launches Limited Edition Sport variant of Civic Hybrid on....
Unfortunately the links don't work. Need more beta testing!

Also, a bunch of offers for the current City (JBL speakers and whatnot).
Old 21st September 2008, 14:14   #884
BHPian

One more thing......... City is now available at all time low interest rate @5.99%. Honda is now working aggressively on clearing their stock.
Old 21st September 2008, 15:42   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Noticed this little gem?

Unfortunately the links don't work. Need more beta testing!

Also, a bunch of offers for the current City (JBL speakers and whatnot).
I just happened to notice another horrendously ignorant error on the main page.
Look at the models on the home page carefully and pause a little on the Civic Hybrid. Yes- thats not the JDM shape we have here, it is the USDM Civic .

Come on Honda you need to be more careful than that, we Indians aren't that dumb..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed