Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2008, 14:30   #46
BHPian

What happened to Verna At? I had also read on this form about Captiva AT & Optra Magnum ( Diesel) AT. So far no scoops about either of the three vehicles.

Anyone likes to update please?
Old 9th January 2009, 23:24   #47
jat
BHPian

Hyundai Verna automatic

Buy New Cars, Used Cars, Auto News and Reviews India - Zigwheels.com

What do you say guys?

Will it be good, if we get a diesel automatic?

Petrol automatic is ok, but as diesels don't have that linear torque curves as petrol, will the automatic be ok for diesels?
Old 10th January 2009, 01:54   #48
Senior - BHPian

It'll be good for sure, a good torquey diesel makes a fabulous combo with an 'auto box. But, the news item is rather vague in nature (expected by end of this year) so I would take this news with a pinch of salt unless it's confirmed by Hyundai themselves.
Old 10th January 2009, 02:07   #49
BHPian

An automatic verna is welcome and it would be good if we can get an automatic i20
Old 10th January 2009, 10:43   #50
jat
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
It'll be good for sure, a good torquey diesel makes a fabulous combo with an 'auto box. But, the news item is rather vague in nature (expected by end of this year) so I would take this news with a pinch of salt unless it's confirmed by Hyundai themselves.
Yes, the news item is rather vague.

What I wanted to say is that considering the torque curve of diesel Verna, which is quite explosive, I feel that having an automatic on that car will be a bit irritating and not smooth as petrol cars (which have flatter torque compared to diesel). Compared to Verna, Optra Magnum will be better off with automatic.

Would like to people to have their views also.

RKS
Old 10th January 2009, 13:18   #51
BHPian

I have been hearing this news since beginning of 2008 and so many times tried to check with the sources in Hyundai but no one ever confirmed this. Lat year in the beginning there were 4 AT variants rumored - Captiva, Magnum, Verna and Scorpio out of which Magna and Verna are still not heard about.

An AT vehicle irrespective of the Fuel, is always convenient to drive in city traffic and I am sure Verna will be no less. However, I hope at least now Hyundai starts giving 5 Speed ATs - so far - all its AT vehicles are 4 speed ones.
Old 10th January 2009, 13:24   #52
Team-BHP Support

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tic-verna.html
Old 10th January 2009, 14:35   #53
BHPian

An article in today's Bangalore Mirror: the Verna automatic will be here by mid 2009 with price ranging from 9 lakhs to 11 lakhs.
Old 12th January 2009, 23:23   #54
BHPian

You are breaking the heart of an imminent Linea customer (me). If a Verna AT comes, I'll readily buy one to replace my current one. Hope they stiffen up the rear suspension, though.
Old 9th February 2009, 02:16   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
I have been hearing this news since beginning of 2008 and so many times tried to check with the sources in Hyundai but no one ever confirmed this. Lat year in the beginning there were 4 AT variants rumored - Captiva, Magnum, Verna and Scorpio out of which Magna and Verna are still not heard about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
An article in today's Bangalore Mirror: the Verna automatic will be here by mid 2009 with price ranging from 9 lakhs to 11 lakhs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
You are breaking the heart of an imminent Linea customer (me). If a Verna AT comes, I'll readily buy one to replace my current one. Hope they stiffen up the rear suspension, though.
Its here guys. The cars been launched. See this thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...utomatic+verna (Hyundai Verna Automatic launched!!!)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks