Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2008, 13:36   #16
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
the petroleum company's officials said that there is no shortage at all. but when i had gone to the bharat petroleum company owned pump in pune near RTO, they had no stock except Speed 97.
Actually about 10 days back they didn't have Speed 97 and I had to go to Expressway bunk. Now I have heard that Speed 97 supplies will not be affected by the present crisis. Good news for me. Today I filled up at the Bandra-Kurla complex bunk in Mumbai. No problems there also. Hope the situation stays the same.
Old 1st June 2008, 13:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

went to refuel my almost empty safari tank yesterday, the pump attendant said he wouldnt put more than 1500rs worth of fuel since price will rise tomorow and evryone should get a chance. So i told him, if you dont fill my tank i wont move my car for the whole day since the government and the company have not announced any rationing.
The mr manager came and i explained that it makes no sense that i put 1500 worth in this pump and then again 500 worth in another pump, so might as well fill me up.
I had no idea about the fuel hike but i think the rush to fill up pre hike is plain stupid. By doing this People dont save enough to even buy their family a pizza each from domino's pizza... so whats the point.
Old 2nd June 2008, 00:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Actually about 10 days back they didn't have Speed 97 and I had to go to Expressway bunk. Now I have heard that Speed 97 supplies will not be affected by the present crisis. Good news for me. Today I filled up at the Bandra-Kurla complex bunk in Mumbai. No problems there also. Hope the situation stays the same.
I know what you're saying. There's nothing more aggravating than going to the ONLY effing pump in town with Speed 97 only to be told "No stock" and then have to drive to the expressway to fuel up (and in my case, burn around 10 litres of gas doing so!)
Old 2nd June 2008, 00:36   #19

Can i come along for the ride then karl?? LOL
Old 2nd June 2008, 00:38   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by druva View Post
Cant believe this is a Spielberg movie
Am not at all a movie buff, but I guess he's gotten a bit confused between Indiana Jones and Jurassic Park, really, what was he smoking?

manson.
Old 2nd June 2008, 11:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
anyway most of the guys who buy nhcs buy it for saving money on fuel. so can you blame it if you saw mainly nhcs? im sure you wouldve seen indicas and all also.
I didnt say I saw mainly NHC's.. More C segment cars rather than B Segment ones !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Actually about 10 days back they didn't have Speed 97 and I had to go to Expressway bunk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
I know what you're saying. There's nothing more aggravating than going to the ONLY effing pump in town with Speed 97 only to be told "No stock" and then have to drive to the expressway to fuel up (and in my case, burn around 10 litres of gas doing so!)
Where do you guys normally fill up? I fill up at Sai expressway HPCL pump just near the start of the expressway. One advantage is that Normal unleaded is cheaper by Rs 2 compared to the city price and its just on one of my routes to the office.
Old 2nd June 2008, 12:04   #22
BHPian

I went to a lot of pumps on 31st and some of them near Koregaon Park & Kalyani Nagar were out of stock for even the normal and premium petrol. The Jams were mostly around office & market areas but I didn't see any jams at pumps around Fatima Nagar.
Old 2nd June 2008, 12:27   #23
BHPian

Puneites: One query. How is the situation at the pumps today? Was supposed to Drive to Pune yesterday (Sunday) to meet up with the family and bring them back. Was worried, after I read this thread, about availability of Fuel for my return trip to Hyderabad.

Did not want to end up getting stuck, for want of fuel, at the In-laws place for more than a day (married guys would understand this ).

Would be great if you could keep me updated on this. Hyderabad is worse, all pumps are shutting down and the few that are open do not sell diesel, which my car needs.

Would also help if you could tell me about Shell pumps closer to Hinjewadi or Chinchwad where I am sure the rush would be less and the hopes of getting fuel brighter.

Thank you in advance.
Old 2nd June 2008, 13:21   #24
BHPian

The Indian mentality goes by feeling rather than logic. Fuel price hikes don't make much of a difference unless somebody is purchasing in really large quantities. For the majority of us just taking the bus one day or travelling 10km less would save more money.
Old 2nd June 2008, 13:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

dont worry you will get fuel at lots of places. people have eased out by now.
Old 2nd June 2008, 13:38   #26
BHPian

Thank you for the info Amit. Shall do the drive tomorrow then.
Old 2nd June 2008, 13:50   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Puneites:
Hyderabad is worse, all pumps are shutting down and the few that are open do not sell diesel, which my car needs.

Thank you in advance.
Hmmm......We did have a tough time the other day when we tried to fill Diesel in your car on our trip to Raj's farmhouse. Maybe a good idea would ne keep a couple of Jerkins filled in the house (away from inflammable material of course) so that you dont go through the same scenario again. Alternatively you can also use your Santro but then again its just a thought!
Old 2nd June 2008, 13:50   #28
Senior - BHPian

The problem was there on 30th and 31st, because ppl expected the price to increase from 1st.

However, yesterday (1st) I filled up at 10pm. So I guess ppl have eased now seeing that there has been no change in the price of gasoline.
Old 2nd June 2008, 13:59   #29
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for posting this as I was myself planning to post this. People are lining up to fill fuel as if they wont get fuel ever. It have seen really mad rush at one time & absolutely normal at another time on the same day & same bunk, its really weird.

Spadival: Me fills up the fuel pump near Hinjewadi this one too is Rs2 cheaper & the fuel quality is also good(better than the Aundh one atleast)
Old 2nd June 2008, 14:19   #30
VBV
BHPian

I got a call from my cousin asking me to fill my tank. He warned me that bunks are getting dry and there will be a 10Rs hike. But I was confident of the gutless nature of this government before elections. So I did not get my tank filled.

But yes, there was a rumour of panic going around in Bangalore. Dunno how widespread or or how effective it was.

Most Viewed