Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2008, 13:25   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post

@aaagoswami- I think you are mistaken here. I had mentioned that
i10 Magna will get 1.2 l and there will be two other trims above that
and even they will get the 1.2 l. The top end model that Hyundai is planning
is i10 Sports. If its priced only Rs.10,000 more than 1.1 then i shall take back my words about i10 being overpriced for 1.1 l.
Now I am really confused.
It means that all the trims will have 1.2 and they will cost 10K more than their respective 1.1 trims.
Have I got it correct this time ?
Old 26th June 2008, 13:36   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Now I am really confused.
It means that all the trims will have 1.2 and they will cost 10K more than their respective 1.1 trims.
Have I got it correct this time ?

nope. See Buddy read my 1st post about it . I had mentioned
D-lite and Era will have the 1.1 L engine. The Magna will get 1.2 l and ACI claims Hyundai will will price the 1.2 l ,10k more than the 1.1 l of the magna. Above magna there will be two more trims with 1.2 l . Hope you got it this time . Before this thread turns out to be a discussion only bet u & me.

PS : try getting the ACI JULY EDITION for more clarifications
Old 26th June 2008, 13:52   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
nope. See Buddy read my 1st post about it . I had mentioned
D-lite and Era will have the 1.1 L engine. The Magna will get 1.2 l and ACI claims Hyundai will will price the 1.2 l ,10k more than the 1.1 l of the magna. Above magna there will be two more trims with 1.2 l . Hope you got it this time . Before this thread turns out to be a discussion only bet u & me.

PS : try getting the ACI JULY EDITION for more clarifications
OK, so two more trims above Magna.

Since two days I am searching for ACI in Vadodara. Usually for every good magazine I have to wait till excitement dies.
Old 26th June 2008, 13:53   #49
BHPian

@aggoswami - Hope this will help

Hyundai will launch a more powerful version of the i10 this month with a bigger 1.2-litre engine. This new motor called ‘Kappa’ is the latest powertrain from Hyundai not just in India but worldwide and boasts the latest engine technology from the Korean Giant.
The Kappa is an all-aluminium 1.2- litre motor with double overhead camshafts and four valves per cylinder and develops an impressive 77bhp, which will make the i10 Kappa the most powerful hatchback in its class. The Kappa will supplement the existing 1.1-litre ‘Epsilon’ motor in the i10. The plan is to have five variants of the i10, the base D-lite and Era will continue to be sold with the Epsilon while the Magna variant will get the Kappa. Two additional variants above the Magna will also be introduced. The Asta will get some of the features that are optional in the current Magna (sunroof etc) as standard while the range-topping Sport will get jazzed-up interiors and a body kit.
Hyundai plans to price the Kappa aggressively and for the same set of features will be only Rs 10,000 more than the Episilon-powered i10. The i10 Kappa will also be launched with automatic transmission as an option. The four-speed auto is a carryover from the Santro.

SOurce - Verbatim from ACI

ELito
Old 26th June 2008, 15:17   #50
BHPian

Yup me waitng for i10 AUTO like mad hope they realise it soon..i hear they are also planing i10 sports ?
Old 26th June 2008, 15:46   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post

Hyundai will launch a more powerful version of the i10 this month with a bigger 1.2-litre engine. This new motor called ‘Kappa’ is the latest powertrain from Hyundai not just in India but worldwide and boasts the latest engine technology from the Korean Giant.
The Kappa is an all-aluminium 1.2- litre motor with double overhead camshafts and four valves per cylinder and develops an impressive 77bhp, which will make the i10 Kappa the most powerful hatchback in its class. ...
SOurce - Verbatim from ACI

ELito

Thanks for giving information mate. And the agressive pricing mentioned by you and other user makes sense and they could soon be finding more customers than the 1.1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetu4444 View Post

Yup me waitng for i10 AUTO like mad hope they realise it soon..i hear they are also planing i10 sports ?
ACI claims that sports version will also be there.
Old 26th June 2008, 19:45   #52
BHPian

i10 1.2 litre launching soon

hello everyone, good news for hyundai fans. Hyundai is launching a new i10 with a new 1.2 litre DOHC 77 bhp engine (engine named KAPPA) . source autocarindia . pricing is going to be a bit more than the existing models. The launching is not just in India but worldwide. two additional variants to be introduced. the " kappa " engine is available with magna and above models. The additional models are supposed to be The ASTA and SPORT. Sport will be getting a jazzy interior and body kit. the launching is said to be in july.

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread merged. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 26th June 2008 at 20:06. Reason: Merged
Old 13th July 2008, 20:34   #53
Senior - BHPian

Just got this!
The Hyundai i10 microsite has been updated and it shows Hyundai i10 Kappa coming soon.

It means it will be coming in near future!cheers:

I am attaching an image of the screen shot.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 with 1.2 engine in two months EDIT: Now Launched-tbhphyundaii101.2.jpg  

Old 13th July 2008, 21:29   #54
rks
BANNED

Here is a website that gives some specs for the UK version of the new i10 Kappa:

New Hyundai i10 – now with more power

Quote:
Available in the mid and top-of-the-range Comfort and Style models, the new 1.2-litre, four-cylinder ‘Kappa’ petrol unit offers considerable benefits in refinement and performance over the 1.1-litre with no penalty in fuel economy or emissions.

The introduction of the engine will mean all new Hyundai i10 with manual transmissions will fall into VED band B, with road tax of just £35 a year and considerable tax savings for company car drivers.

The efficiency of the new all-alloy unit means that power output has been improved by 18% to 77PS and torque rises from 98Nm to 118Nm – a massive 20% increase compared to the 1.1-litre.

There is also significantly improved in-gear driving flexibility and more relaxed cruising.

As a result the top speed rises from 94 to 102mph and the benchmark 0-62mph sprint drops by nearly three seconds to 12.8 seconds.

Despite this the CO2 emissions and combined fuel consumption are identical to the smaller 1.1-litre engine at 119g/km and 56.5mpg.

At the same time as the new engine, the range-topping Style model also gets leather trim for its steering wheel, gear lever skirt and handbrake to give a more upmarket feel to the interior.

Another benefit is the availability of an Electronic Stability Programme as an option for the first time on the new Hyundai i10.

Building on the exceptional four-star NCAP result awarded to the new Hyundai i10 recently, ESP is now available as a low-cost £350 option on all 1.2-litre models.

It makes the new Hyundai i10 one of the most affordable ways to buy a car with this proven safety benefit.

Despite all of these improvements, the price of the Style model rises by just £150 compared with the 1.1-litre to £7,995, while the Comfort rises by £200 to £7,545.
Note that 0-100 kmph is achieved in 12.8 secs and top speed ~165 kmph. That puts the Kappa i10 firmly in Swift territory, probably with much better drivability in city and better FE as well. My question is why anybody would want the 1.1 lit i10 over the new 1.2 lit version, considering the trivial increase in cost. Of course there is always the possibility that the Indian version of the Kappa i10 may not offer the same performance increase. We will have to wait and see.
Old 13th July 2008, 21:42   #55
Senior - BHPian

This is good move, although i10 appears over priced but for the features and quality it deliveres its worth it.

I wish they launch automatic transmission with top end trim(abs/airbag). If it costs 6.5lacs on road in Bangalore its worth for congested city and highway driving.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 13th July 2008, 22:01   #56
BHPian

Yes it would be very nice if hyundai launched an automatic version. would be comfortable one to drive especially in bangalore. They have hinted about this. lets wait and see.
Old 14th July 2008, 09:43   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
It means it will be coming in near future!cheers:

I think it ll be launched this week.
Old 14th July 2008, 14:44   #58
BHPian

The i10 Kappa, is out in the showroom here in HMP. I saw it when I had to visit the showroom for getting my petro coupons.

Also the i10 automatic is relaesed, saw them both with my eyes, sorry could not take snaps.
Old 14th July 2008, 15:08   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
The i10 Kappa, is out in the showroom here in HMP. I saw it when I had to visit the showroom for getting my petro coupons.

Also the i10 automatic is relaesed, saw them both with my eyes, sorry could not take snaps.
Have they changed the looks, Anand? Any idea about the price?
Old 14th July 2008, 15:29   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post

Is the automatic a kappa engine or the old engine? Does the automatic come with antilock brakes and airbags? Thanks.

Most Viewed