Team-BHP - What Fuel Type do you use for your Indian Cars "Normal OR Premium"
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   What Fuel Type do you use for your Indian Cars "Normal OR Premium" (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/40460-what-fuel-type-do-you-use-your-indian-cars-normal-premium.html)

I have always see a Premium Vs Normal fuel war and the confusion in the community.

Everytime a person buys a new vehicle, have seen questions like which fuel type to use.

Now this is not a Premium Vs Normal Fuel discussion which already has a thread open.

This poll is to understand the actual fuel type our community prefers in India.
- Despite the cost differences
- Despite no Automobile Manufacturer actually stating the usage or its non-usage. They only specify the BS standards adhereing to the fuels to be used.
- Despite their Pro's and Con's.
Please vote the usage preference for you Car's, Motorcycle, SUV's, Truck's, Buses etc etc. People who switch between the two can post based on their Majority fills.

You can also post about the brand which you use.

Please no discussions on the "Vs" as we already have a thread for it.

In my Octy, I usually fill Speed 97. Hurts a lot @ Rs.65+/lit. Sometimes I use IOC Extrapremium.
In the Magnum, I use IOC Regular Diesel.

What I learn from the posts at Team BHP is that the type of fuel to be used depends on the car you use. For Swift Diesel it was recommended to use Indian Oil normal diesel and premium diesel is a strict no no for diesel cars like Swift and Fabia.

Yes, its very much dependent on the engine of a particular manufacturer(eg maruti) by brand(eg swift, SX4) and there is no universal formula to ascertain what suits best, unless you try it out.

But once tested and known it will mostly work out good for that particular mfg and brand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gautam Misra (Post 850413)
What I learn from the posts at Team BHP is that the type of fuel to be used depends on the car you use. For Swift Diesel it was recommended to use Indian Oil normal diesel and premium diesel is a strict no no for diesel cars like Swift and Fabia.

Btw, I use Speed petrol on the Santro and IOC premium Diesel on the Safari 2.2l.

I use HP Power on my Palio 1.6...

I use IOC Extra Premium for my Corolla and normal petrol from BP for my Santro. I tend to stick to the same manufacturer and as far as possible, the same gas station as well.

Speaking of premium fuels, I have seen that IOC Xtra Preimum petrol is somehow better than BP Speed 91 or HP Power. I have used all the three initially in the Corolla but did not get the desired results in the latter two.

It does depend on the manufacturer and the type of engine though, eg. Fiat Palio will never work well with premium fuels and only normal fuel is recommended. Ditto for most or all Suzuki vehicles.

I use normal petrol. When I first got my car, for the first month I filled in Speed. However, during the first service, the service engineer at Maruti Suggested that I do not put Speed in my car as my car is brand new and does not need any additives to perform optimally. Ever since I have been feeding her with normal petrol only and getting it serviced at regular intervals. Neither the mileage has increased in the last 3.5 years nor has it dropped!:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by samirsarkar (Post 850437)
It does depend on the manufacturer and the type of engine though, eg. Fiat Palio will never work well with premium fuels and only normal fuel is recommended. ........

That's strange!! Is it true? I always thought that my S10 will drive better with these premium fuels.

If what you say is true, then :Frustrati -- just yesterday I got a tankful of speed in my S10

I was using normal BP petrol in my S10, then used IoC Xtra Premium petrol and I felt that the car was more responsive.

Can someone confirm if the Palio 1.6 engine will or will not not work better, in any which way, with premium fuels?

Since you have switched from normal to premium, you have felt the difference and if you have, go with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khan_sultan (Post 850555)
I was using normal BP petrol in my S10, then used IoC Xtra Premium petrol and I felt that the car was more responsive.

Can someone confirm if the Palio 1.6 engine will or will not not work better, in any which way, with premium fuels?

I use IOC Extra Premium for my petrol Swift. Strangely whenever I have used BP Speed I have got better mileage but engine seems to be lacking in power. Not sure if it is due to quality of the fuel or some other conditions but I have stuck to IOC so far.

Strictly stick to normal diesel for the BMW as the company doesn't approve of the additives used in premium diesels.
For the Hondas, i use normal petrol 80% of the time....occasionaly i fill them up with power.

Normal unleaded petrol from IOC or HP or BP, in the same order of preference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khan_sultan (Post 850555)

Premium fuel is not recommended for 1.6 engine. [According to my 1.6 user manual]
cheers:

I have not even filled a single litre of premium fuel since i bought my Viva CRDI. It is always IOC normal diesel and sometimes HP normal diesel.

Similarly, i use normal petrol for my Pulsar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eclectix 1st (Post 850604)
Normal unleaded petrol from IOC or HP or BP, in the same order of preference.

Premium fuel is not recommended for 1.6 engine. [According to my 1.6 user manual]
cheers:

If I remember correctly, FIAT recomends Octane 91 for 1.6L BSIII engine. I had read this in user manual.

Normal Petrol & Diesel for all my cars; premium fuels are a marketing gimmick and don't really offer any benefits. In fact, many manufacturers have actually taken the pain of recommending ONLY regular fuel for their cars. *Pure* regular fuel is as good / better than premium....the key is to find a pump that sells unadulterated fuel.

High Octane fuel is advantageous for high compression engines; however, I can't think of too many Indian cars that fit in this category.