Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2009, 13:59   #196
Senior - BHPian

There is one more on Varthur road. You can try that too.
Old 9th January 2009, 14:16   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
I think Shell premium petrol price was a bit higher yesterday than it was a few weeks back. Something like 56.xx per litre. I remember it was 55.XX earlier. Not sure if they hiked it this week cashing in on the opportunity.
It was 56.xx when I filled it a couple of weeks back. Sticking on to the Premium for the last 1 1/2 year. Smooth ride
Old 9th January 2009, 15:00   #198
BHPian

My colleague filled up his bike after waiting for 2 hours in the bunk on Hosur road. Yesterday night there was a queue from the bunk till Bomanahalli jn. A friend of mine staying there said.
Old 9th January 2009, 16:32   #199
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Crude oil price are going down. Is it possible for shell to sell at a lower than other companies like BP etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Why the sudden increase ? Beats me. Probably they want to keep the differential in prices ?
Cos, they dont enjoy subsidies like the public sector oil companies.
When the crude prices where high they increased their prices, but they had to keep it realistic, else no one would go to their pumps. So, they probably did not raise it enough to get enough profits. Now that they public sector oil companies might reduce the rates further, even shell might have to. Now they might be trying to recover the costs before they have to bring it further down.

Just my view expressed here.
Old 13th January 2009, 20:39   #200
BHPian

Any news, whether SHELL also will drop prices in this week ?
Old 14th January 2009, 00:29   #201
Team-BHP Support

Shell petrol in bangalore is Rs.52.54/litre for regular. That's just 50p over other bunks. I'm back to shell for both cars.
Old 15th January 2009, 18:58   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Shell petrol in bangalore is Rs.52.54/litre for regular. That's just 50p over other bunks. I'm back to shell for both cars.
I tanked up for Rs.52.45/Litre @ Whitefield Shell (Regular Unleaded Petrol)

Shell Super was priced @ 56.45, when compared with 52.95 in chennai.
Old 16th January 2009, 14:05   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskumar View Post
I tanked up for Rs.52.45/Litre @ Whitefield Shell (Regular Unleaded Petrol)

Shell Super was priced @ 56.45, when compared with 52.95 in chennai.
Shell Super in Hinjwadi, Pune is only Rs. 49.95/Litre. They do not have the regular petrol.
Old 16th January 2009, 14:34   #204
Senior - BHPian

It is Rs 51.90 in Hyd, about 80 p more than the rate in other bunks for normal petrol.
Old 16th January 2009, 16:11   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Shell Super in Hinjwadi, Pune is only Rs. 49.95/Litre. They do not have the regular petrol.
Even in chennai they dont have Regular petrol.
Only Shell Super.

By the way, any news on the fuel price cuts ?
If Govt reduces Rs.5 for petrol, then shell would become more costlier.
Old 16th January 2009, 17:39   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Any idea about the Shell bunk on Mulshi Road?

Price?
Do they have ordinary petrol?

Went there daybefore yesterday, but it was closed... an attendent said it now closes at 9 pm!!
Old 16th January 2009, 18:22   #207
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskumar View Post
Even in chennai they dont have Regular petrol.
Only Shell Super.

By the way, any news on the fuel price cuts ?
If Govt reduces Rs.5 for petrol, then shell would become more costlier.
Price cut likely by Monday or in the coming week..
Shell will definitely reduce the price as soon as govt reduces the price..
Old 17th January 2009, 23:27   #208

Shell import all of the petrol and diesel they sell here. The ultimate price of the petrol (or diesel) is dependent on the transport costs incurred also and also the octroi regimes in every city. It would be prudent to compare apples with apples. The shell stations around Pune are outside octroi limits as a result they dont have to add the octroi costs on the ultimate price. I am not aware if Bangalore city charges octroi, if it does, then the prices will include the octroi charges since the petrol bunks in Bangalore are inside city limits.

Also Bangalore is futher inland than Pune. So that explains the difference in price as expected since the fuel has to be transported more. One more thing to add will be that the state run companies have refineries whose petrol spec is much lower than Shell petrol (or even diesel). In addition to the completely depreciated refineries, they also enjoy the excise cut recently passed off to them when the global crude prices went sky high.

I think all these things should be kept in mind. And also, Shell incurred quite a lot of losses during the high fuel prices period. So much that a directive from Netherlands came to shut down the pumps in order to resrtict the losses. For any sustainable business its important to make money in order to keep the business running. Obviously Shell management realise that keeping prices competitve is important. But I am sure that with the kind of volatility seen recently, Shell prices might still see some further volatility.

Even the Government's populist move of control fuel prices does have quite an adverse effect on the economy. The fuel prices in Europe even right now is aournd 75 to 85 rupees a litre. We are not so bad off afterall
Old 19th January 2009, 13:39   #209

Crude price and Retail Price comparison

When the crude price was sky high at $140/brl retail price in bangalore was Rs.62/ltr and as per the Govt. argument it was loosing around Rs.17/ltr. So the actual cost of petrol should had been Rs.79/ltr. Also the $ exchange rate was around 40. If we go by the same formula and check what should be the correct price of petrol now when the crude price is hanging around $40/brl is Rs.28/ltr. But the B+++S+++ Govt. is not reducing the price. Even if they reduce it will only be Rs.5-8. All the Govt. are same, and they sqeeze the common man.
Articles on the net are pointing out that tax component on Petrol is same across Europe and India at around 55% but in US it is around 18%. It seems its mainly beacuse of the low collection in direct taxes in India where as in the US it is on the higher side. Why the hell Govt. should collect more indirect tax through Fuel from salaried class and people who are paying Income tax promptly? I feel Govt. should come out with a scheme for reduced indirect taxes for people who pay Income tax promptly!!!
Old 19th January 2009, 16:39   #210
Senior - BHPian

Hahaha..good one

I imagined something like showing off my PAN card to get discounted petrol

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks