Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2013, 12:31   #2146
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Date: 13th Nov.
The free toy car offer starts tommorrow, 15th Nov. Not sure how long will it run. So rush rush rush.
Anyone has any hint, of how much amount to be spent to get the toy car ?
IIRC, last time it was Rs.1000/-
Thanks for the update. However few posts back there was an update that it was applicable only if you fill with super unleaded. Any pointers on that?
Old 14th November 2013, 12:38   #2147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Thanks for the update. However few posts back there was an update that it was applicable only if you fill with super unleaded. Any pointers on that?
Ouch, super unleaded !! Is the money difference from normal unleaded, a big amount ? I don't mind if its within Rs.80-81 max.
Or may be if the qualifying amount is less, say Rs1000 only, I don't mind paying a little extra for a branded Ferrari.
Old 14th November 2013, 12:45   #2148
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone has any hint, of how much amount to be spent to get the toy car ?
IIRC, last time it was Rs.1000/-
They told me that you can get a car by paying Rs 250 if you fill petrol worth Rs 2500.
Old 14th November 2013, 12:54   #2149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
They told me that you can get a car by paying Rs 250 if you fill petrol worth Rs 2500.
What !!
You mean, fill petrol (whatever variant) worth Rs.2500/- plus pay Rs.250/- if you want the car ??

Please say I'm wrong !!

PS: My fuel tank, a full tank up amounts to some 2400 or less. That way, am never gonna get that car. Plus, I will never pay for that 1:30 or even smaller car.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 14th November 2013 at 12:56.
Old 14th November 2013, 13:01   #2150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By any chance, did u miss an 'OR' in those lines? Perhaps was it "They told me that you can get a car by paying Rs 250 OR if you fill petrol worth Rs 2500."

Whatever, off goes my dream of owning a blazing red ferrari cheap!
Old 14th November 2013, 13:06   #2151
BHPian

Just a query. I fill from Shell Bannerghatta Regular Unleaded. Since it is BS III, it works out to almost Rs. 1 cheaper than Unleaded in the city. But will it affect the functioning of my engine. I run an A-Star.
Old 14th November 2013, 15:05   #2152
BHPian

Quote:
Ouch, super unleaded !! Is the money difference from normal unleaded, a big amount ? I don't mind if its within Rs.80-81 max.
Or may be if the qualifying amount is less, say Rs1000 only, I don't mind paying a little extra for a branded Ferrari.
IIRC, the difference is somewhere in the range of 8-9 rupees.
No idea about the minimum qualifying amount, but the last time I inquired, the attendant told me that the offer will run for 2-3 months.
Old 14th November 2013, 19:20   #2153
Senior - BHPian

The information provided by Ambadan is indeed true- we have to fill 25 litres of shell regular petrol/Diesel AND pay Rs. 275 extra to avail the cars. Moreover, the cars are different from the ones they had given earlier.

More information in this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3293259
Old 14th November 2013, 19:58   #2154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The attendant at the Graphite India outlet told me that you have to fill 25 litres of Normal petrol or diesel or 20 litres of super petrol and you can buy A car for Rs 250 whose MRP is Rs 700. The offer starts tomorrow. I filled 35 litres today.
Old 14th November 2013, 22:58   #2155
BHPian

Could anybody confirm the latest prices for Shell Normal and Super petrol applicable in Bangalore ? I have heard that there could be a rise in prices in a few days.
Old 15th November 2013, 10:26   #2156
BHPian

Hello fellow Bhpians,

Sorry to post a OT query, but can you please educate me why you prefer Shell fuel over HP/BP?

I filled up shell last time which was about a rupee higher than the prices at HP/BP and have got the similar mileage figures/performance
Old 15th November 2013, 10:34   #2157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post

Sorry to post a OT query, but can you please educate me why you prefer Shell fuel over HP/BP?
Mr Beat, this is probably because Shell pumps on the whole have well-trained courteous staff who generally don't indulge in short fuelling tricks that are almost endemic at PSU stations.

Having said that there are "trusted" pumps in every city; typically COCO (company owned and operated) outlets. When the price differential gets too much, some of us switch to one of these.

FE and smoothness are better than the average PSU pump but comparable to a good COCO outlet from my experience. Frankly it is the friendly, honest experience that I most value.
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 14:20   #2158
RSR
Senior - BHPian

The Shell pump at Ambattur Industrial Estate (Godwin) has started a dedicated space to change the engine oil for two-wheelers. Here's a Pulsar going on a nutritious diet of Shell Advance:

Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)-image1203522479.jpg

The pump attendant says they also change the engine oil for cars. When asked how they do it without a lift/ramp/dugout, he says they use the customer's jack to lift the car up. Needless to say, I was unconvinced.

As suggested on the tent, this facility is meant for bikes and scooters, not cars. Only the Shell pump at Chromepet has the facility to do an oil change for cars. They have a trained oil-change mechanic equipped with all the necessary tools. They also have a stock of oil filters (MICO Bosch & Purolator) for the most common engines at least, but not for all cars.

Last edited by RSR : 16th November 2013 at 14:36.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2013, 19:35   #2159
BHPian

I started the collection with a Ferrari 250GT Berlinetta. I had to pay 249 extra over my fuel bill. I was eligible as I had filled more than 25 liters of regular petrol.

My son and me assembled it and please find it below:
Attached Thumbnails
Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)-_mg_37418.jpg  

Aiel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2013, 19:49   #2160
Team-BHP Support

Nothing to do with fuel, but this happened at a Shell pump, so posting it here.

Went for a quick oil change in my bike on Saturday morning (Shell Mysore Road), and the guy doing the oil change there was a thorough professional. He took his time draining the old oil completely (a lot of mechanics are in a hurry, and need to be reminded to trickle drain the whole lot out), refilled with the new can I'd bought and cleaned up after he finished.

I offered him a tip, which he refused with a polite 'free service, sir!'. I said 'I know, this is for doing a thorough job', he says with a smile, 'wouldn't be free if I took the money. Have a good day.' and walks off. All's not lost in our country yet. After my bad experience on-road a few minutes earlier (posted in bad drivers thread), this guy's attitude made my day.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed