Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2009, 17:40   #331
BHPian

Shell regular is also spiked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Shell for me. I have noticed my mileage in city rising to 13 kms against 11.5-12 earlier. Long live shell!!!
I next want to try out mileage with Shell Super
Regular Shell Petrol and Diesel also contain proprietary Shell additives, though this fact is not advertised. These are added at the storage terminals.
( Kindly refer to post #291 in this thread). This is also one of the reasons why you get better FE when you switch over from regular PSU fuel.
Old 14th March 2009, 11:37   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sumit Bhatti View Post
Regular Shell Petrol and Diesel also contain proprietary Shell additives, though this fact is not advertised. These are added at the storage terminals.
( Kindly refer to post #291 in this thread). This is also one of the reasons why you get better FE when you switch over from regular PSU fuel.
Thanks Dr. Sumit. I have been tracking your posts and must commend you on your knowledge of fuel and the process. Keep up the good work. Sharing of knowledge by experts like yourself make TeamBHP a rocking place to be.Kudos!!
Old 15th March 2009, 00:59   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocritical View Post
Shell Petrol here costs Rs80 per litre!!!!

BTW I am currently in kowloon, Hongkong :P
Don't forget to checkout the fleet of 14 heavenly Rolls outside the Peninsular Hotel in Kowloon!
Old 16th March 2009, 17:17   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Thanks a lot for your replies and clearing my doubt.

Is it the same case with the Diesel too? i.e. hardly mich difference compared to others?

Shell's service is surely very good and also e.thusiastic. I mean, Whatever extra they do, like fill air or clean the glass, they do it with full efforts, and they are very particular about switching off the engine before filling.
Shell on Raj Bhawan Road has started selling normal unleaded petrol for the past 2 weeks for Rs 45.60----same as non-Shell bunks, or perhaps costlier by 4 or 5 paise.
Old 17th March 2009, 16:57   #335
BHPian

Today I filled normal diesel in the Shell on Raj Bhavan Road. Price same as in PSU owned pumps. Normal diesel for Rs. 33.90. In fact, only normal diesel was available. The staff were courteous. A woman was dispensing fuel and she greeted me with a big "namaskaram". I am not used to being greeted that way in a fuel pump! While filling diesel she enquired if my windshield needed cleaning. She even suggested I check the air in the tyres. Of course, the windshield was clean already and the air pressure in the tyres was ok. So I declined the service. There were very few customers in the outlet. May be people are under the impression that the fuel is costlier there. Even for me, it was the first time I filled at the Shell. Let me see if my Palio MJD can return better milage.
Old 21st March 2009, 13:24   #336
BANNED

The air pressure gauge at Shell, Bellary Road, near Mekhri Cicrle, Bangalore, is inaccurate - confirmed by cross verification with 2 other bunks that I use regularly in Bangalore & Madras for both my vehicles. Down by at least 3 psi.
Old 22nd March 2009, 01:02   #337
BHPian

Shell is selling Premium Diesel at regular PSU rates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Shell on Raj Bhawan Road has started selling normal unleaded petrol for the past 2 weeks for Rs 45.60----same as non-Shell bunks, or perhaps costlier by 4 or 5 paise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
Today I filled normal diesel in the Shell on Raj Bhavan Road. Price same as in PSU owned pumps. Normal diesel for Rs. 33.90.
Shell is upping the ante ! In Pune, Shell is selling Premium Diesel at regular PSU rates for normal Diesel !
Old 22nd March 2009, 01:43   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
The air pressure gauge at Shell, Bellary Road, near Mekhri Cicrle, Bangalore, is inaccurate - confirmed by cross verification with 2 other bunks that I use regularly in Bangalore & Madras for both my vehicles. Down by at least 3 psi.
Well, for all you know the other 2 bunks are the ones with wrongly caliberated. Anyway, if you really have reason to think that its Shell that has the inaccuracy, then I suggest you at least write them a email. They do respond.
Old 22nd March 2009, 08:53   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Well, for all you know the other 2 bunks are the ones with wrongly caliberated. Anyway, if you really have reason to think that its Shell that has the inaccuracy, then I suggest you at least write them a email. They do respond.
I wanted to know their diesel specs and mail/ filling contact form on their website along with requests from their bunks have yielded no results :(
Old 22nd May 2009, 18:15   #340
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Has anybody else used this bunk for diesel? Experiences, please.
Old 22nd May 2009, 19:11   #341
Senior - BHPian

Shell prices have changed in Chennai.

Regular is up by Re.1 and is Rs.45.9 while premium has been reduced by Re.1 and is Rs.48.9
Old 22nd May 2009, 22:37   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Shell prices have changed in Chennai.

Regular is up by Re.1 and is Rs.45.9 while premium has been reduced by Re.1 and is Rs.48.9
Any idea since when ? I tanked up last Friday at Rs.44.95.

I guess I must keep a watch on the rates since the outlet is quite some distance from both home and office and no point going that far if prices are going to go up.
Old 23rd May 2009, 11:09   #343
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Shell prices in Chennai for Regular Petrol is 45.00 and 33.00 for Diesel (Chrompet).

Prices had gone up about 6 weeks back (not sure about the time) by
Petrol - Rs. 2.00 (Earlier at Rs. 43.95)
Diesel - Rs. 0.15 (Earlier at Rs. 32.85)

I had given up on Shell Diesel when the prices were at Rs. 63. Now that the prices are almost similar to other suppliers, i have been filling Shell Diesel (on & off).

I drive a Fusion TDCI, and my experience with Shell Diesel, apart from great service is;

Positives
1. Higher Mileage - about 1 km up when compared to other suppliers (City - 18+ kmpl; Highway - 20+ kmpl).
2. Lower engine noise at higher rpm. Engine is not very audible after 2000 rpm. (may be due to high levels of road noise in the cabin)

Negatives (which i have seen time and again)
1. Higher engine noise at idle and lower rpm (sounds like a tractor)
2. Pick up is very poor. Need to plan overtaking in high ways and have to rev the car hard for getting out of any sticky situation. Also, the car stalls more while reversing.

Whenever i change to Normal Diesel from either IOC (Next to Trident) or BP (Before GRT Radisson) or HP (in Velachery), the reverse happens. That is, i get much better pick up, lower mileage and lower noise at idling.

OT: Turbojet is really very good for my car and i have experienced wheel spins in second gear!! But mileage is off by 2 kms.
Old 25th May 2009, 11:33   #344
Senior - BHPian

slightly OT - anyone knows the exact location of Shell in Koramangala, Bangalore? Google map doesn't show it. Its supposed to be somewhere near to Sukh Sagar on 100ft Road.

Thanks.
Old 25th May 2009, 13:03   #345
Senior - BHPian

price increased

Super unleaded petrol is up by Rs. 2 at Shell, hinjewadi. It's priced at 46.95 now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks