Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2010, 00:54   #616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
The HP on Bellary Rd near the Kodigehalli turnoff is your best bet. Have PMed you the directions.

57.92 today. Inflation thy name is Shell.
Still a fair crowd of 4 wheelers at shell though. In Chennai, I used to see only 2 wheelers at shell pumps.
It was 58.7x(normal) near Raheja Park today, Drove off to a nearest and trusted HP bunk and topped up at 53.xx , Power was available at 56.2x(which is almost equal to shell super at 60.xxRs )
Old 21st March 2010, 05:15   #617
Senior - BHPian

From Rs. 42.65 for a litre of regular Diesel on 6th March (Shell OMR), it has climbed to Rs. 44.66 on the 19th (Shell Velacherry)!
Old 21st March 2010, 08:30   #618
BHPian

Early yesterday morning went to fill up Diesel at the shell outlet in Rajkumar Road. The diesel was 45.11 / litre. Didn't have much of a choice but to drive out to the IOC pump in Jalahalli. The Jalahalli outlet is one of the good outlets in Bangalore for quality and quantity for folks near Malleshwaram

I got the normal diesel from IOC at 39.xx

I would love to switch to Shell once it back to sane levels

Cheers
Old 21st March 2010, 18:02   #619
BHPian

Mileage for my Swift Vxi back to ~12kmpl (city a/c on) with shell regular. But shell's insane pricing has put me off. Going back to my regular HP pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
.....I would love to switch to Shell once it back to sane levels....
I agree. Its bye bye shell for now. Shell seems to be pretty confident of sales though. A new shell pump is coming up at Lower palace orchards just before Bashyam circle.
Old 21st March 2010, 18:13   #620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Early yesterday morning went to fill up Diesel at the shell outlet in Rajkumar Road. The diesel was 45.11 / litre. Didn't have much of a choice but to drive out to the IOC pump in Jalahalli. The Jalahalli outlet is one of the good outlets in Bangalore for quality and quantity for folks near Malleshwaram

I got the normal diesel from IOC at 39.xx

I would love to switch to Shell once it back to sane levels

Cheers
I hope you are referring to the one on old BEL road near Gokula? It was a very good one and I was a regular there for five years. Just ensure zero before filling and you will be fine. It is ideally located for people in Malleswaram, BEL colony, Vidyaranyapura and surrounding areas.

But there is an adjoining BP/HP pump which is best avoided.
Old 22nd March 2010, 02:01   #621
Senior - BHPian

I had no choice today while returning home around at 10.30 stopped at Shell Bellary road.
Regular Petrol now is 57.95 This is insane!!
My last fill up at shell after this its going to be the normal petrol bunks for me.

Any Help with some good bunks in this area? near Bellary or R.T nagar? I dont think I will be going back shell until their prices come back to sane levels.
Old 22nd March 2010, 09:42   #622
Senior - BHPian

We all love Shell fuels! We don't mind paying a nominal premium for peace of mind. But not Rs 5/litre! Is anybody listening at Shell?
Old 22nd March 2010, 09:46   #623
BHPian

Same shocker in Pune . 57.95 per liter topped my car up last week . Next re-fueling will be some CoCo pump around the area. It is funny Shell sells petrol at 57.95 and HP pump next to it sells it at 52 . I asked the Shell attendant about it and they were quite embarrassed about it.

--Vikrant
Old 22nd March 2010, 09:54   #624
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The HP on Bellary Rd near the Kodigehalli turnoff is your best bet. Have PMed you the directions.
Thanks. Roy

Quote:
57.92 today. Inflation thy name is Shell.
Still a fair crowd of 4 wheelers at shell though.
Yep, this has put me off too. On switching to a PSU, my fuel bill is Rs. 200 lesser per tankful when compared to Shell

Quote:
A new shell pump is coming up at Lower palace orchards just before Bashyam circle.
Where exactly is this? Is it after the Trident Hyundai showroom after Cauvery theater?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Any Help with some good bunks in this area? near Bellary or R.T nagar?
CS,

As suggested by Roy, you can try the HP on Bellary Road.
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:00   #625
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Didn't have much of a choice but to drive out to the IOC pump in Jalahalli. The Jalahalli outlet is one of the good outlets in Bangalore for quality and quantity
Which IOC is this? Is this the one adjacent to the HP outlet on the LHS of the road? (if you are coming from Mathikere over the Gokula rail over-bridge)?
Old 22nd March 2010, 13:29   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
....Where exactly is this? Is it after the Trident Hyundai showroom after Cauvery theater?....
On the left when you are driving towards Bashyam circle from the Trident hyundai junction. I think there was some controversy about having a petrol pump bang in the middle of a residential area but they seem to have 'managed' this. Pretty crazy, if you think about it. I would not be too happy having a petrol pump next to my house.
Old 24th March 2010, 01:29   #627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
Same shocker in Pune . 57.95 per liter topped my car up last week . Next re-fueling will be some CoCo pump around the area. It is funny Shell sells petrol at 57.95 and HP pump next to it sells it at 52 . I asked the Shell attendant about it and they were quite embarrassed about it.

--Vikrant
Could you tell me if there are any *good* COCO bunks in Poona?
Old 24th March 2010, 10:14   #628
BANNED

At its highest, Shell sold the Super version at Rs70/ltr in 2008. Right now Bangaloreans are the hardest hit as petrol is the most expensive in Karnataka.

Right now Shell regular retails at 57.92, I think
Old 24th March 2010, 10:18   #629
BHPian

so what are the advantages of filling shell fuel anyways over the regular ones?
Old 24th March 2010, 10:50   #630
BHPian

Just filled at Shell pump in Hinjewadi, Pune. It was Rs. 58 / litre. Had no choice though as the nearby pumps where not really trustworthy. Just filled for 1k than topping up!

Most Viewed