Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2010, 17:47   #766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post

Chennai folks - Are there any Reliance / Essar bunks in the city / outskirts? How are the prices there? And quality?
Hey ph03n!x,

Essar - I have seen 2 , in Anna Nagar (2nd ave, I think) and the other on the 200 ft road (Velachery - Pallavaram)

Reliance - none inside as far as I can remember, I remember seeing one beyond Ford factory, dont know if it is functional now.
Old 6th July 2010, 22:16   #767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Hey ph03n!x,

Essar - I have seen 2 , in Anna Nagar (2nd ave, I think) and the other on the 200 ft road (Velachery - Pallavaram)

Reliance - none inside as far as I can remember, I remember seeing one beyond Ford factory, dont know if it is functional now.
Thanks buddy. Am really interested to fill up Diesel in an Essar or a Reliance pump and see how it works in my car. Shell Diesel, like always, is like a rocket fuel - I feel a marked difference. Want to see if the same is there in Essar / Reliance.
Old 6th July 2010, 22:22   #768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks buddy. Am really interested to fill up Diesel in an Essar or a Reliance pump and see how it works in my car. Shell Diesel, like always, is like a rocket fuel - I feel a marked difference. Want to see if the same is there in Essar / Reliance.
There is an Essar one near Medavakkam on Velachery Main Road.
Dont remember seeing the Reliance Pump in chennai. Remember my friend saying there is one in Avadi not sure.

The issues is for the new entrants its very difficult to find a location/ site within the city to set up a pump. Thats why chances are you will find them more in the suburbs.
Old 7th July 2010, 07:23   #769
BHPian

Quote:
You are welcome ! I used to "fill up" at A1 plazas when they were in vogue on the highways, though the customer experience was not like in Shell, given time they would have got there. My Indica did perform well with that fuel, mileage was also higher compared to the PSU fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
There is an Essar one near Medavakkam on Velachery Main Road.
Is this different from what I mentioned, could you give any other landmark nearby?
Old 7th July 2010, 11:38   #770
Senior - BHPian

Can someone confirm what is the price difference between Shell and the other Govt owned Petrol retailers post de-regulation.

If its minimal I am thinking of shifting to Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post

Is this different from what I mentioned, could you give any other landmark nearby?
I guess Yes, I did visit this place some time back. Just seemed to be like any other petrol pump. Dont remember the price anyway.

Here is the link of the location

The
Old 7th July 2010, 11:41   #771
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I Still find a difference in petrol prices between Davangere to Blore. Davangere is lower by Rs. 1 approx.

Any reason why the same ?
Old 7th July 2010, 11:58   #772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
I Still find a difference in petrol prices between Davangere to Blore. Davangere is lower by Rs. 1 approx.

Any reason why the same ?
depends from which fuel station you filled up, in Bangalore there is a 80 paise diffrence between IOC & BP(BP is lower)
Old 7th July 2010, 12:39   #773
BHPian

Hi Asdon, i was referring to the prices of petrol in the Shell outlets !

Cant understand why do they have a difference of 1 Rs in Davangere ? (lower than Blore) I asked the manager there but he had no clue !
Old 7th July 2010, 17:40   #774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can someone confirm what is the price difference between Shell and the other Govt owned Petrol retailers post de-regulation.
In Chennai the difference in regular fuel between PSU & Shell is about Rs.5.50. Unfortunately Shell is costlier in Chennai as compared to Bangalore while petrol in PSU pumps is cheaper by about 2 rupees cheaper in Chennai.
Old 7th July 2010, 19:43   #775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If its minimal I am thinking of shifting to Shell
In Bangalore, HP is 58.06 and Shell 59.50

This was over the weekend when i went to fill up my bike at shell.
Old 7th July 2010, 20:45   #776
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post

Saw BPCL Speed price at 60+, just filled normal shell at 59.50, makes much more sense. Normal PSU fuel is bad, for once the fuel hike has done us good(people like me) as shell is next to my home almost and i just enjoy the experience there( other than the attendants repeating like a parrot- saar full tank?)
Old 8th July 2010, 00:23   #777
BHPian

One more thing they keep repeating when you say to fill normal petrol

- Saar, Super try maadi

Do they get any commission if one fills super instead of normal ?
Old 8th July 2010, 00:57   #778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
One more thing they keep repeating when you say to fill normal petrol

- Saar, Super try maadi

Do they get any commission if one fills super instead of normal ?
Yes , premium fuels are costlier and hence there is a greater incentive and commision given to promote such fuel by oil companies.
Old 8th July 2010, 13:19   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post

In Mysore Shell costs 58.50 and IOC is 57.03. Now i have become a regular in Shell and so does my brother

But don't know why the difference between bangy and mys. Is it anything to do Euro IV standards....?
Old 9th July 2010, 11:20   #780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
In Mysore Shell costs 58.50 and IOC is 57.03. Now i have become a regular in Shell and so does my brother

But don't know why the difference between bangy and mys. Is it anything to do Euro IV standards....?

There are 2 reasons that I can think of: The transportation cost and the additional infrastructure cess in Bangalore city. But I'm sure the quality/standard of fuel is the same in both the cities.

Most Viewed