Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2010, 14:22   #901
Senior - BHPian

I filled petrol worth Rs 2031.18 and this is charged in the card statement as Rs 2087.24. Extra change is Rs 56.06. Again I filled for Rs 1500 but in the statement it is listed as Rs 1541.40. The extra charge in both the times is 2.76%. Is this normal? I paid with my Citibank credit card. Which credit card doesn't have surcharge at Shell bunks?
Old 1st October 2010, 14:24   #902
Senior - BHPian

The Shell petrol price is up marginally. Filled up my ninja after the ride last weekend and Premium Unleaded petrol cost me INR 60.70/- per liter.

@msdivy- HSBC credit cards used to be zero surcharge at any bunk anywhere in India. Not sure if they still do. Their customer service sucked royally though.

Last edited by n_aditya : 1st October 2010 at 14:26.
Old 1st October 2010, 14:34   #903
Senior - BHPian

ICICI, HDFC bank credit cards always has Zero Surcharge, both of them are platinum card i use. Yes HSBC card customer service is worst and they charge you unknowingly.
Old 1st October 2010, 14:41   #904
Senior - BHPian

IOC has zero surcharge for Citibank cards. So found it bit odd when I found the difference in charge slip & in statement. For 2.76% extra got a toy car !
Old 1st October 2010, 14:54   #905
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
ICICI, HDFC bank credit cards always has Zero Surcharge, both of them are platinum card i use. Yes HSBC card customer service is worst and they charge you unknowingly.
I get charged Rs 5 or so extra always when filling at shell, in a previous post had asked this and the reason is that the charge slip is another banks, dunno how far that is true. I used platinum of ICICI, HDFC, still the extra 5 odd rupees.
Old 1st October 2010, 15:17   #906
Distinguished - BHPian

I demanded to know why the Shell pump at Hinjewadi doesn't give me any toy cars despite filling up my tank there every 2-3 weeks regular as clockwork. The attendant politely referred me to her manager, who came across promptly, introduced himself in a friendly manner and explained that the promotion was only in certain states like Gujarat and Chandigarh. He asked me where I had seen the scheme and I said I was in Bangalore last week and saw another customer get a baby Ferrari. He confirmed that Karnataka too is one of the states included, for some reason Maharashtra isn't. He promised that they would pass on any promotion/scheme benefit to their customers whenever it happens.
Don't know how true this is, but I sure am impressed by the way Shell staff are trained. Our PSU pumps can learn from these guys instead of indulging in cheap 100/- scams like tey are wont to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
IOC has zero surcharge for Citibank cards. So found it bit odd when I found the difference in charge slip & in statement. For 2.76% extra got a toy car !
It is generally 2.5% surcharge. Though I have noticed that it is usually 2.5% plus Rs. 5/- or so (may be interbank fee charged by some banks).

Quote:
Let's not pin blame without understanding the issue. Certain credit cards are marketed as a 0% fuel surcharge cards (these are usually Platinum cards). Even in these cases, usually the outlet includes the surcharge which is then credited back to your account. So if you fill 2000/- worth of fuel, your card gets billed 2050/- and you get a credit for 50/- as a separate entry in your statement.

BTW, the Shell guy also said that in some states Shell was now pursuiing "at par" pricing with PSUs. Is this true? That would be truly awesome!

Last edited by noopster : 1st October 2010 at 15:22.
Old 1st October 2010, 15:37   #907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
BTW, the Shell guy also said that in some states Shell was now pursuiing "at par" pricing with PSUs. Is this true? That would be truly awesome!
Last time when I filled, Shell was 58.20 while IOC was 58.47. Not sure of the current Shell price.
Old 3rd October 2010, 12:42   #908
Distinguished - BHPian

I filled my new car with shell unleaded on october 1st.
The price is not 58.40.

I got my 5th ferrari model. One more to go (super americas) and the collection of 6 models will be complete.
Old 3rd October 2010, 18:37   #909
BHPian

Shell Customer Service !

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Don't know how true this is, but I sure am impressed by the way Shell staff are trained. Our PSU pumps can learn from these guys instead of indulging in cheap 100/- scams like tey are wont to do!
Not really related to Shell prices, but I have an interesting narrative regarding their customer service. My Vx is comfortable only with Shell Super-Unleaded & a couple of weekends ago I'd been to the closest Shell outlet to my home (still ~8 Kms away) early in the morning for a fill-up. After the usual routine I hand the attendant my debit-card & wait for the charge-slip.

After a good 10 minutes the manager returns & tells me that their "machine" isn't working, I dredge my pockets, but come up a couple of hundreds short (I'm in my PJs). The manager assures me that right next door is an ATM that I could use, thoroughly embarrassed, I walk over & as luck would have it (?), the ATM (HSBC) is "out-of-order" ! Frustrated, I return, & exclaim my predicament to the manager, who agrees to send the attendant along with me to find the nearest ATM. The attendant & I set off, & all the while he keeps assuring me that an ATM is "just down the road", which turns out to be a good 4 Kms !

Anyway, on reaching the ATM I withdraw the money, hand it to the attendant & by this time 'am very annoyed by their lack of trust in me (I've been visiting this outlet once a fortnight for more than 2 years now). After venting my anger out on my little Vx & probably scaring the attendant to within an inch of his life (Oks, maybe slight exaggeration here ), I screech to a halt opposite the outlet, barely wait for him to close the door, before taking off for home.

Cut to today morning, a whole 2 weeks later, I drive in to fill-up my K10. After the usual routine, the manager comes out & hands me Rs.78 along with my bill. I look at him confused - he tells me that this was the change I'd forgotten to take back from my previous trip here, when I was apparently in a tearing hurry !

Boy, have Shell got a customer for life
Old 3rd October 2010, 19:11   #910
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I filled my new car with shell unleaded on october 1st.
The price is not 58.40.

I got my 5th ferrari model. One more to go (super americas) and the collection of 6 models will be complete.
Seems like the Old Madras Road outlet has got only 2 models, any idea where to go for the formula1 model? Some place around Outer Ring Road, MG Road etc? Do they get different models or the same ones all the time? Need to get 3 more for my collection to be complete but need to know where to pick the different ones
Old 3rd October 2010, 20:22   #911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Last time when I filled, Shell was 58.20 while IOC was 58.47. Not sure of the current Shell price.
Filled up yesterday. Its 58.40 now.

Btw, we bangy guys atlast have something to cheer upon. Ya, the Shell normal price is cheaper in Bangy than Chennai. (59.95)
Old 3rd October 2010, 22:22   #912
Senior - BHPian

All cards used at fuel stations attract a service charge of 2.5% to 2.75% varying from card to card.

This charge is waived off if your card issuing bank has a deal with the fuel marketing company. Citi bank and IOC is one such example.

I have a plain vanilla SBI card and they have an arrangement in place with all of the oil marketing companies. As long as my fuel purchase is between Rs. 400 min. to Rs. 2000/- maximum per single transaction the service charges are reversed.

The same was true for the HSBC gold card provided to me by my ex employer. This was untill last July, I believe the scenario should be same even now. My new company provided card is from ING Vysya bank which in turn is managed by Citibank so limited only to IOC for the charge refund.
Old 3rd October 2010, 22:28   #913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Seems like the Old Madras Road outlet has got only 2 models, any idea where to go for the formula1 model? Some place around Outer Ring Road, MG Road etc? Do they get different models or the same ones all the time? Need to get 3 more for my collection to be complete but need to know where to pick the different ones
I have collected 5 different model from OMR outlet itself, they have all the model, have you kept the card they had given ? they gave me formula1 model for 3rd time. Only Super America is pending, which i will get this week.
Old 3rd October 2010, 23:24   #914
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have collected 5 different model from OMR outlet itself, they have all the model, have you kept the card they had given ? they gave me formula1 model for 3rd time. Only Super America is pending, which i will get this week.
well i went for the first time, since was not in town, and i filled up 2 cars, he gave me 2 models. One of them was already taken by my wife and when i asked for diff model, he said, there is no choice! How do i know whats the model name? This time will ask for a different model or will collect it later.
Old 4th October 2010, 16:57   #915
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think there is anything like one specific car for a specific time. I got the f1 the first time. second time also he gave me an f1. then i showed the card that he had given me and took a different one. Only super america is pending now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
well i went for the first time, since was not in town, and i filled up 2 cars, he gave me 2 models. One of them was already taken by my wife and when i asked for diff model, he said, there is no choice! How do i know whats the model name? This time will ask for a different model or will collect it later.
mkh,
Please keep the card which he gives with you and get it marked when you take a model, this way they give the car which is not ticked. And it all depends on the stock available with him. when i got my third model, the station's stock was over and i chose the car out of the ones which he had. Luckily for me there were no repetitions for me. i have taken these models from hosur road, lalbagh, basavanagudi. on mysore road there are another two.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks