Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2011, 17:10   #1186
BHPian

re: Shell fuel price discussion thread. Update: Going down cheaper than PSU's.

What I see every day at Shell is very thin number of customers. But the fuel is Pure for Sure. I go there only when there is an emergency. Government subsidy is not present for Shell.
Old 18th April 2011, 17:17   #1187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
That must me premium not regular.

In Bangalore Shell Regular 72.xx
Premium - 75.xx
This price is for regular. In Hyd, premium now costs 79.xx

For once, something is cheaper in Banglore than Hyderabad!
Old 19th April 2011, 21:02   #1188
BANNED

Does it mean that PSU premium like speed etc are not at par in terms of quality with Shell regular? I filled PSU regular now- did not see a dip in mileage though. 6 Rupee is a big big difference( normal PSU to normal shell)
Old 26th April 2011, 12:32   #1189
BHPian

Just came across this link -

You may have to pay Rs 3/litre more for petrol after May 15 - Moneycontrol.com -

Shell normal was about Rs 73 last week, PSU prices are around 65.7 I hear. If the Shell fuel price is anything to go by, I think the price hike would be much higher. Will probably come in two parts to help cushion the shock!
Old 26th April 2011, 12:38   #1190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
Does it mean that PSU premium like speed etc are not at par in terms of quality with Shell regular? I filled PSU regular now- did not see a dip in mileage though. 6 Rupee is a big big difference( normal PSU to normal shell)

Have switched back to Shell since I did see a drop in milage (when filling in Psu) maybe due to the malpractice in quantity.

Cheers!
Old 26th April 2011, 12:59   #1191
Senior - BHPian

Sometime last week, I was very low on fuel and the only option was a nearby Shell outlet. As I stopped near the fuel pump, I noticed the reading from the previous use : it displayed 'Rs. 61.xx', I could not believe it, Shell petrol costing the same as others??? Of course, I knew it was not possible, but . Then came the shock as the attendant entered the settings into the pump for petrol...it was 71.xx. Now realisation dawned on me...the earlier vehicle had been a diesel one : Shell diesel costs Rs.61.xx . And that made me wonder...at such a high price difference, who would be using diesel from a Shell outlet ???
Old 26th April 2011, 13:16   #1192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Have switched back to Shell since I did see a drop in milage (when filling in Psu) maybe due to the malpractice in quantity.

Cheers!
Correct. When I fill my bike immediately after it hits reserve, it will take 10.5 litres till the brim at Shell. But it takes 11 litres under similar conditions at some of the "good" PSU bunks in the neighborhood. "Good" means good quality but slightly suspect quantity in their parlance,perhaps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
And that made me wonder...at such a high price difference, who would be using diesel from a Shell outlet ???
Discerning people,perhaps! Jokes apart, I have seen many cabs fill up at Shell regularly.
Old 26th April 2011, 13:29   #1193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Cheers!
This is the biggest reason why I always use shell(except on long trips where sheel isn't available).
Its almost 3 years now since I'm using shell and nothing else.

I easily see a drop of 1-2kmpl when i fill petrol in other stations.
Shell is around 6rupees more but the increase in FE and the the way the engine performs...more than compensates for the higher price.

The last time I tanked up in shell was on sunday when the price for normal was 72.95

By the way, one good news for shell users (Bad news overall) is that the PSU stations will increase the petrol prices by 3-5rs per litre.
Because of elections, the PSUs had held back prices while shell has already increased the prices.
Old 26th April 2011, 14:37   #1194
BHPian

Same here,

did a tankfull in Blr and it was for arnd 71.xx. Did the same in Shell Hyd was shocked to see the price difference!!

I said the very same thing to my friend, for once, there is something which is cheaper in Blr than in Hyd!!

Cheers
Shrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
This price is for regular. In Hyd, premium now costs 79.xx

For once, something is cheaper in Banglore than Hyderabad!
Old 26th April 2011, 15:04   #1195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Correct. When I fill my bike immediately after it hits reserve, it will take 10.5 litres till the brim at Shell. But it takes 11 litres under similar conditions at some of the "good" PSU bunks in the neighborhood. "Good" means good quality but slightly suspect quantity in their parlance,perhaps!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
This is the biggest reason why I always use shell(except on long trips where sheel isn't available).
Its almost 3 years now since I'm using shell and nothing else.
+1
In Fiesta when fuel low warning lamp comes (around 80km shown in DTE), tank full takes 38 ltr in Shell, and 42+ ltr in best COCO pump! Rs 6 difference means Rs 228 more, where as 5 lts robbed by CoCo meaning Rs. 350! Over and above you get better quality fuel! Now do the math of saving in CoCo fuel pumps.
Old 26th April 2011, 16:38   #1196
BHPian

I have also been using Shell for quite sometime now.
But being a salaried guy, I am not sure what I will do when petrol cost reaches 100 bucks. And Rs.100/liter doesn't seem to be that far
Old 26th April 2011, 18:02   #1197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In Fiesta when fuel low warning lamp comes (around 80km shown in DTE), tank full takes 38 ltr in Shell, and 42+ ltr in best COCO pump! Rs 6 difference means Rs 228 more, where as 5 lts robbed by CoCo meaning Rs. 350! Over and above you get better quality fuel! Now do the math of saving in CoCo fuel pumps.
Do they siphon off fuel at COCOs also? I thought its only with the private owners pumps. BTW, I can't fill Shell@ current prices. Its cost prohibitive.
Old 27th April 2011, 10:51   #1198
BHPian

Did a tankful at IOC in Coimbatore last weekend, regular petrol costs 61.72 a liter... the state govt. has reduced their ST (due to elections).

Sigh, I still have to shell a lot more in Bangalore!!!
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:09   #1199
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I filled Shell regular here in Pune, for 73.95 rupees a liter. Thats almost a 13 rupee difference as compared to PSU bunks. I went in because I was in a hurry, and didnt want to queue up anywhere for petrol. And what could be more deserted than a Shell bunk these days. :P
The attendant informed me that they are going to reduce the prices starting June, to bring it within 4 rupees of PSU bunks.
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:09   #1200
Senior - BHPian

Filled Shell unleaded (regular) yesterday @Rs.74.95/ltr in Bangalore

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks