Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2008, 15:54   #46
BHPian

Has shell to back to selling Diesel? if yes any idea on the price/litre in Bangalore?
Old 12th October 2008, 23:31   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by setuniket View Post
The Good news is that crude is now at 85 USD per barrel, so prices might drop further more and we will be able to get good fuel at Reliance and Shell pumps soon.
But the $$ price is close to Rs50 as compared to Rs40 a few months ago! Thats a 20% increase. So effective crude price (as compared to a few months ago) is still > $100.
Old 13th October 2008, 11:43   #48
BHPian

filled shell fuel in Pune

I had run out of fuel and had no option but to fill from a shell fuel station, it cost me 64 to the litre, but the best part is for rs 500 i used to get a milelage of about 100 kilometers on normal fuel, and for rs 500 fuel that i filled from the shell station i got 112.... isn,t it kind of amazing... please do enlighten me on this.

the performance of the car also increased astronomically, the engine is smoother and every thing is slick this only after using 8 litres of fuel, i have got a tankfull now, will keep everyone updated
Old 13th October 2008, 12:20   #49
BHPian

I used to fill at IOC (as it is near my house) when Shell increased price..of late observed, the engine was very rough and acceleration not as before and got fed up with those IOC guys attitude too. Finally visited shell and filled for 2000rs at 64.45.

I am happy that engine is slick n smooth and there is no problem in acceleration, also traveled 170kms for 40% of fuel spent, hmm I smell mileage improvement too. Have decided to go with shell super from now onwards, until they make one more hike.
Old 13th October 2008, 12:54   #50
BHPian

What additives do Shell use in their Petrol? If these additives are available after market, one can use them along with the regular petrol from a HP, BP and IOC and still get cheaper than Shell petrol. Something like System-G from Iftex? Is that an option?
Old 13th October 2008, 14:44   #51
Senior - BHPian

Dude, its not just the additive! By far the main problem with petrol in India is rampant adulteration! Apparently Shell seems to be better at preventing adulteration... hence the difference.

As for my personal experience, I'v filled petrol at least 3 times from the Shell bunk on Mulshi Road (Poona) and the BP COCO opp RTO. In fact I seldom fill from anywhere else. Frankly, I could not notice any significant difference. And after Shell started hiking its price, I was forced to fall back on the BP petrol (ordinary) + System G. Works out to be cheapest.
Old 16th October 2008, 14:40   #52
BHPian

Rs. 2 reduced

Shell at Whitefield Road Bangalore now has petrol at Rs. 62.45 from the earlier 64.45.

I had paid 66.45 during the month of september. Thats a good move.

The difference now from any other petrol stations is just Rs.5 which I wont mind. I consistently get 12.5kmpl on my santro AT in city condition with 30% time AC, when I use shell.
Old 17th October 2008, 16:46   #53
BHPian

@neon_daytona: is the above comparision is with the normal petrol from other petrol bunks or premium petrol from other petrol bump? Shell sells premium petrol only.
Old 2nd November 2008, 20:20   #54
BHPian

Filled Shell petrol today at Rs 59.95 a litre. As soon as I drived in, the attendant told that they have reduced the price. This is about 2 bucks more than normal petrol in other bunks and 2 bucks less than Speed! In comparison the price looks sensible now.
Old 2nd November 2008, 20:36   #55
Senior - BHPian

Is Shell petrol significantly better than ordinary petrol. What are the advantages? Can it be mixed with the regular petrol I usually use?
Path_finder: Your post about the reduction in prices is making it more tempting
Old 2nd November 2008, 21:09   #56
Senior - BHPian

WOW thats godo news, Today noticed more cars in Shell Mysore road so thats the reason then.

I used to get 1kmpl extra with Shell always.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 2nd November 2008, 21:55   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Is Shell petrol significantly better than ordinary petrol. What are the advantages? Can it be mixed with the regular petrol I usually use?
Path_finder: Your post about the reduction in prices is making it more tempting

Yes,may be i'm wrong but i personally feel shell is better than ordinary fuel.Shell gives more mileage and also makes the engine more smoother to drive
Old 3rd November 2008, 01:54   #58
BHPian

I filled in at the Shell bunk on Thane - Belapur road near Rabale Police station last weekend. The cost was Rs. 60.95/litre. This was for Shell Super petrol and I guess they only sell Super.
Prices could come down even further if the global crude prices continued their Southward journey. Good news!
Old 3rd November 2008, 02:00   #59
Senior - BHPian

even after the price cut it sells for Rs61? normal petrol here in kerala costs Rs52.27 and speed =Rs55.6 .
as far as I know ,crude oil price was $120/gallon when shell offered their petrol for Rs67. Now crude oil price is almost half continuously na?
Old 3rd November 2008, 08:33   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
...crude oil price was $120/gallon ...
LOL, I know you mean barrel! ie 42 US Gallons.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks