Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2009, 16:47   #211
Senior - BHPian

Exactly my point SimplySooperCar. In India person who pay prompt tax sufferring from this indirect tax, our system is like that. i have no clue which government in future has guts to change the system.

Now crude has stablized around 40$, Petrol should cost around 40/- per ltr in Bangalore keeping in mind it might swing around 60$ in future and assurring Oil companies make profit.

So Petrol between 35/- to 40/- per ltr would have been best price in India If government really give respect and value to salaried class and common man.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 19th January 2009 at 16:49.
Old 19th January 2009, 22:24   #212
Senior - BHPian

I saw a new Shell petrol pump coming up on the CBI road near the parachute regiment in Bangalore. It has still not started functioning. Any idea when? Going by the looks, I am guessing should not be more than a month away!! cheers:
Old 19th January 2009, 23:08   #213
BHPian

Any idea of the prices of Shell in Chennai currently and do they stock normal unleaded now? Always loved Shell for the quality of fuel cant be compared to any other brand in India.
Old 20th January 2009, 10:55   #214

I don't think any Govt. wants to be pro public, all they do is just public stunts. Also fuel is the main revenue generator without any tax avoiding atleast what it seems to be, so they wont let it go by any chance. If you see in Bangalore, additional tax is collected for the infrastructure development, its not been utilized properly. Only way is to accept what it is or wait for a revolution to happen/create a revolution may be start with TeamBHP.
Old 20th January 2009, 11:58   #215
Senior - BHPian

I saw one Shell pump geting ready near Lalbhag main gate towards Wilson Garden.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 22nd January 2009, 20:47   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I saw one Shell pump geting ready near Lalbhag main gate towards Wilson Garden.

Regards,

Ravi.
Add more one more to that.

I see one coming up from nowhere in Mahadevpura. Just opp to HP office.
Old 22nd January 2009, 21:06   #217
Senior - BHPian

i dont understand shell strategy at all. at one shell bunk in pune the super shell costs Rs.53.35 and the same at other shell bunk costs Rs.49.95.

I have recently got a full tank at the later ones. it has just opened on 1st jan 09
Old 22nd January 2009, 22:29   #218
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
i dont understand shell strategy at all. at one shell bunk in pune the super shell costs Rs.53.35 and the same at other shell bunk costs Rs.49.95.

I have recently got a full tank at the later ones. it has just opened on 1st jan 09
53.35 might be shell super (Like BP Speed) and 49.95 might be the Shell Normal Petrol.
Old 23rd January 2009, 10:50   #219
Senior - BHPian

Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)-ccf23012009_00000.jpg

This article was there in today's news paper of Mumbai.
Old 23rd January 2009, 11:30   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocritical View Post
53.35 might be shell super (Like BP Speed) and 49.95 might be the Shell Normal Petrol.
no both are shell super. shell has stopped normal shell petrol long back.
Old 23rd January 2009, 11:42   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Shell normal petrol in available in Bangalore for quite some time now.
Old 23rd January 2009, 11:43   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shell has restarted Normal Fuel in bangalore. may be it has started in Pune as well.

Abhi
Old 23rd January 2009, 11:52   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Shell has restarted Normal Fuel in bangalore. may be it has started in Pune as well.

Abhi
in pune its not yet started. he said that since its their new pump shell has given them special rates. quite a vague answer
Old 28th January 2009, 03:29   #224

Hey guys I would not make notions immediately about how much the oil companies are making. Bear in mind that the time when oil was at 140 dollars was about 8 months back. And the companies were losing Rs 17. But nobody told us whihc crude basket we use and what was the price we paid? For me its not crude price. Its price of which crude. Brent, WTI and Tapis to mention a few major one. Please also bear in mind that the price of all these crudes move differently.

Then again, the input costs should be higher than they were 8 months back. What about inflation? Have the prices of everything else remained the same?? Inflation does affect everything does it not?? So should not input costs be higher now? Leaving the crude aside of course. And what about the cost of the crude basket that we use now??

I am nobody to make assumptions about what the Government intends. But what I do know that the cost of petrol and diesel and crude is not exctly linear. Bear in mind that I am not even going into the science of crude refining and crude trading. So theres a lot more complexity than we would want to beleive.

About the level of taxes, if its same as Europe then the price of petrol should be Rs 85 per litre in India, as in Europe. Mind you, the price is not regulated in Europe. What is the effect of this? Excellent public transport service and more use of it by people.

It might be a very nice exercise to quantify the actual magnitude of effect the rise or fall of price by 5 rupees has on the common man. I am sure the results may not actually point at the common man being squeezed. Not at least by the fuel prise rise.

But I hasten to add that the poor common man is much more badly affected by the rise in the prices other day to day commodities. I will very soon try to quantify my points by some examples, till then all I ask you to realise that its not a linear relation.
Old 28th January 2009, 03:31   #225

Quote:

Hi, is it possible for you to indicate where these two bunks are?? I mean the addresses.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks