Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2009, 13:08   #346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
slightly OT - anyone knows the exact location of Shell in Koramangala, Bangalore? Google map doesn't show it. Its supposed to be somewhere near to Sukh Sagar on 100ft Road.

Thanks.
Not sure if shell is there in Kormangla
Old 25th May 2009, 13:09   #347
Senior - BHPian

Any idea if the Shell pump near the Padi flyover has been re-opened ? I really miss that one.
Old 25th May 2009, 13:19   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Any idea if the Shell pump near the Padi flyover has been re-opened ? I really miss that one.
It wasn't open a couple of weeks back, but if you had checked later than that, sorry for the old info.
Old 25th May 2009, 16:13   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Not sure if shell is there in Kormangla
No Shell as I know in Koramangala. One on Hosur road on the way to electronic city, thats a bit far, there is a new one opened near Lalbagh, from Wilson Garden towards lalbagh on left just before hopcoms counter
Old 25th May 2009, 18:39   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Positives
1. Higher Mileage - about 1 km up when compared to other suppliers (City - 18+ kmpl; Highway - 20+ kmpl).
2. Lower engine noise at higher rpm. Engine is not very audible after 2000 rpm. (may be due to high levels of road noise in the cabin)

Negatives (which i have seen time and again)
1. Higher engine noise at idle and lower rpm (sounds like a tractor)
2. Pick up is very poor. Need to plan overtaking in high ways and have to rev the car hard for getting out of any sticky situation. Also, the car stalls more while reversing.
I agree with all your above points. I have noticed it myself especially after my highway drive over the weekend, that my verna seems to have poorer pick up with shell fuel as compared to the normal bp fuel that I used to fill. Engine noise at idling also seems louder. The good thing is that mileage definitely improves, and overall noise levels are lesser, and the engine seems smoother. I will tank up with normal fuel next time and see how the car behaves.
Anyone else with similar behaviour from their cars?
Old 25th May 2009, 20:12   #351
BHPian

Shell in Mysore

Shell has come to Mysore and is on Hunsur roadnext to Toyota showroom. (just before Aishwarya Petrol pump).

Also, Shell has now started selling fuel 24 hours. The outlet in Porur, Chennai was open at 4 AM which is useful for people like me who travel to Chennai on weekends and start early on Monday mornings.

Last edited by DWind : 25th May 2009 at 20:16.
Old 25th May 2009, 20:29   #352
Senior - BHPian

I have seen the Porur bunk stay open at all odd hours of the night for quite some time . I guess its due to the highway traffic. Other branches like the one at Vadapalani close quite early by 6 or 7 even I think

Last edited by bottle : 25th May 2009 at 20:30.
Old 26th May 2009, 10:45   #353
MAS
Senior - BHPian

The Shell bunk at Chromepet has become 24 hours and i noticed today that the petrol prices have gone up by Rs. 1 to Rs. 45.95.

I however did not notice the diesel price. I am sure that as the Crude prices go up, the Shell prices would also go North.

Shell bunk has started selling perfumes!!! Very soon, may be they would get into accessories?!?
Old 26th May 2009, 11:33   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
I have seen the Porur bunk stay open at all odd hours of the night for quite some time . I guess its due to the highway traffic. Other branches like the one at Vadapalani close quite early by 6 or 7 even I think

now its open till 9pm
Old 26th May 2009, 11:46   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
2. Pick up is very poor. Need to plan overtaking in high ways and have to rev the car hard for getting out of any sticky situation. Also, the car stalls more while reversing.

Whenever i change to Normal Diesel from either IOC (Next to Trident) or BP (Before GRT Radisson) or HP (in Velachery), the reverse happens. That is, i get much better pick up, lower mileage and lower noise at idling.

OT: Turbojet is really very good for my car and i have experienced wheel spins in second gear!! But mileage is off by 2 kms.
I am happy to see your post. I have noticed that the pick up is poor whenever I change from IOC to shell. Also, I do not see any increase in mileage with shell.

I go to shell as I trust the fuel quality/ service compared to others.
Old 26th May 2009, 13:00   #356
BHPian

In Hyderabad, Shell petrol prices has gone up as well. When I last filled (about 5 days back from the bunk on Kondapur-Towlichoki road) it was at 45.90, up by about 30 paisa.
Old 26th May 2009, 17:16   #357
Senior - BHPian

Why is shell only concentrating in KA region only? I don't recollect seeing a single Shell pump in Maharashtra.
Old 1st June 2009, 10:19   #358
BANNED

Shell diesel in Bangalore is still 34.95 per litre.
Shell diesel in Chennai has increased from 32.85 to 33.00 per litre.
Old 1st June 2009, 10:40   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Why is shell only concentrating in KA region only? I don't recollect seeing a single Shell pump in Maharashtra.
They have some pumps in Pune!
Old 1st June 2009, 10:44   #360
Senior - BHPian

I hope Shell does not raise the prices as they a different tax structure,since it imported fuel.
I just got my cars adjusted to Shell fuel and definitly see the change in Fuel consumption.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks