Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2009, 11:10   #466
Senior - BHPian

Shell premium is Rs.54.xx now in Chennai
Old 26th September 2009, 15:47   #467
Senior - BHPian

It is Rs 54.95 per litre, to be exact. That is Rs 3.69 costlier than HP Power.
Old 29th September 2009, 15:41   #468
BHPian

We should boycott Sheel and its products even if they give their products for free.

Reason: Boycott Shell/Free Nigeria: The main issues

Just google it, you will find more.

I have decided not to use Shell products any more. Its a shame what they are doing for their business.
Old 29th September 2009, 16:03   #469
Senior - BHPian

Well I guess this type of exploitations is going in our country also, take the case of Bihar, Jaharkhand, Orissa, places in Karnataka all these places are full of natural minerals (coal , iron ore, bauxite etc ). When mining started some of the entrepreneurs & politicians made good money, but poor people depending on agriculture/ fishing/ forestry are driven to misery as there fertile lands were taken away. The immense damage done to the environment is never seen but felt by the misery of our fellow Indians.

I have no doubt about Shells ethical role in Nigeria and the atrocities committed to the environment which is needs to be condemned. I think the corrupt government in Nigeria is to be blamed, who don’t have adequate control on oil companies.
Oil companies like Shell are just taking advantage of a bad political situation to gain profits, which is certainly not possible in there homelands 

It’s a well established fact of life that Corruption and Greed for money is the Root Cause for all the human misery we see around us. Banning / boycotting one company won’t help much.
Old 29th September 2009, 16:11   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Well I guess this type of exploitations is going in our country also, take the case of Bihar, Jaharkhand, Orissa, places in Karnataka all these places are full of natural minerals (coal , iron ore, bauxite etc ). When mining started some of the entrepreneurs & politicians made good money, but poor people depending on agriculture/ fishing/ forestry are driven to misery as there fertile lands were taken away. The immense damage done to the environment is never seen but felt by the misery of our fellow Indians.

I have no doubt about Shells ethical role in Nigeria and the atrocities committed to the environment which is needs to be condemned. I think the corrupt government in Nigeria is to be blamed, who don’t have adequate control on oil companies.
Oil companies like Shell are just taking advantage of a bad political situation to gain profits, which is certainly not possible in there homelands 

It’s a well established fact of life that Corruption and Greed for money is the Root Cause for all the human misery we see around us. Banning / boycotting one company won’t help much.
Yep, you are right. But I can do only this much as a protest. Hence NO MORE Shell products for me even though they are good at quality, quantity and service. BTW, Shell is not only the company in my boycott list . There are few more too.
Old 29th September 2009, 16:11   #471
BHPian

I filled up Diesel in Shell Mangalore yesterday at Rs.37.15 per litre. Last month it was Rs.36.50. The Shell employee mentioned that they hiked the price by Rs.0.65 per litre recently. Not sure of the rate in Bangalore now.
Old 29th September 2009, 17:31   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhusati View Post
I filled up Diesel in Shell Mangalore yesterday at Rs.37.15 per litre. Last month it was Rs.36.50. The Shell employee mentioned that they hiked the price by Rs.0.65 per litre recently. Not sure of the rate in Bangalore now.
I filled up in Shell Mangalore on Saturday and i paid 50.95( On friday i paid 50.65 in Bangalore) i expected Mangalore price to be typically 50 paisa less(atleast all other guys charge that way)
Old 30th September 2009, 11:48   #473
BHPian

Even if ur paying 0.5/1/2/3 rupees also extra at shell petrol bunks its worth it ,as their quality + quantity is precise. when u compare at other bunks they charge the ammount in a different way either reducing in quality or quantity.
I swear by Shell...
At the end of the day whos at loss its your vehicles engine and its life....
Old 30th September 2009, 12:10   #474
J.Ravi

I am told that Shell does not have their own petroleum refinery. They source the petroleum products from PSU refineries only. Shell does the independent marketing only. Earlier, I used to have petrol from various Shell outlets in Bangalore/Chennai. But, now I am comfortable with HP/BP. I found that Shell's quality and quantity are at par with HP/BP.

Old 22nd October 2009, 14:29   #475
Senior - BHPian

Tanked up my pulsar today at Shell Raidurg, Hyderabad.
Prices have been decreased by Rs. 2/- (Asked the attendant and she said it's been effective since past 3 days.)
Regular Unleaded Petrol is now 51.95/- per liter.
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:23   #476
BHPian

Recently last week i filled up in Shell Super with oil mix of 2% for 56.9 rs per litre.I felt the smoothness in the ride of my Rx 135.
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:28   #477
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbusos View Post
We should boycott Sheel and its products even if they give their products for free.

Reason: Boycott Shell/Free Nigeria: The main issues

Just google it, you will find more.

I have decided not to use Shell products any more. Its a shame what they are doing for their business.
Not that i am condoning shells act but the biggest crooks are our local folks who steal from their own country men. Why is it that HP/BP/IOC sell lower quality fuel and on top of that almost all pumps sell wrong quantity? Sometime back i had an x-college mate in Bihar who protested and was fighting against fuel pump who sold incorrect quantity and he paid with his life...I think stealing/cheating your own country is the worst crime...just my own thought!!
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:48   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Tanked up my pulsar today at Shell Raidurg, Hyderabad.
Prices have been decreased by Rs. 2/- (Asked the attendant and she said it's been effective since past 3 days.)
Regular Unleaded Petrol is now 51.95/- per liter.

thank God!! now back to Shell bunks for me
Old 3rd November 2009, 15:08   #479
gpa
Senior - BHPian

The prices of Shell petrol in Bangalore have been stable at Rs. 50.95 to a litre despite the slight rise in prices by a few paise by all other PSU pumps.
Old 11th November 2009, 21:13   #480
BHPian

shell petrol pumps-why are they more expensive?

being on the road most of the time, one of my most frequently visited places have been petrol pumps.
yesterday when i had gone on a site visit with my colleague i decided to stop at a Shell pump for diesel. seeing his raised eyebrows, i asked him what was so surprising and he said that the Shell Diesel fuel is 4.90 Rs. higher than the others and asked me if i didn't mind 'shell'ing(no pun intended!)out the extra dough for a namaste and a free windshield wipe!

masking my ignorance i called out the attendant and asked him to explain the difference between Shell and other brands(hoping that he will give some hi-funda explanation).but the fellow says that there is no difference in the fuel quality and that Shell decided not to lower prices when the UPA govt. had announced a slash of fuel prices.
i am astounded! can someone please tell me if this is correct?

anyway, at the last minute i told the fellow to fill for only 500Rs. and made my exit with minimum damage...

Most Viewed