Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2010, 22:35   #601
Senior - BHPian

For Chennai BHPians:

I filled IOC Extra Premium petrol @ Rs 54.14 for my bike at the IOC station (Shanthi Petroleum) next to Trident Hotel, opp to airport. I was pleasantly surprised when the attendant showed me zero on the pump first, and then gave me a pump generated bill as well for the qty filled (10.73 litres), just like Shell!

The fuel is RS 5.16/litre cheaper than Shell. If I get a mileage and smoothness comparable to Shell Super, I will update the info here and stick with the pump thereafter for my car as well.
Old 15th March 2010, 00:13   #602
mkh
Senior - BHPian

filled at OMR for Rs 56.92- normal fuel today. Was telling the manager there, as am regular, that soon you will lose out customers. He said they already are down by over 50% of the people coming there.
Any idea on what is a proper fuel station- non shell, where quantity and quality is reliable- need one around indiranagar?
I think i will go by the premium of other guys, is the cost the same or less than normal of shell?
Old 15th March 2010, 13:26   #603
BHPian

How about other players -Essar and IBP.
Chennaites - any experience with these?
Old 18th March 2010, 13:38   #604
Senior - BHPian

I filled Shell Super Unleaded petrol today at Bangalore (Near EPIP Area, Hoody). Price was 59.91
Old 18th March 2010, 13:50   #605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
There is an IBP pump near my home and it is not thought of highly in the neighborhood. I am yet to see an Essar pump anywhere.
Old 19th March 2010, 14:25   #606
BHPian

Shell have seriously gone Crazy

Today, i went to the Shell Pump in Magarpatta Pune to fill Unleaded Petrol and got a rude Shock when he told me the Price. Rs. 62.xx for Shell Unleaded and Rs. 65.xx for Shell Super

Before the Fuel Price Hike, Shell Normal Price was Rs. 53.05 and last week, when i filled Petrol, it was Rs. 55.xx. And now, Rs. 62.xx. Unbelievable.

I was OK with shelling out 2-3 Rs. extra for the Quality but now there is nearly a 10 Rs. Difference. Enough of Shell for me now. Switching back to good old HP.

Last edited by Dippy : 24th March 2010 at 08:59. Reason: Deleting extra smiley. Please use only two smilies per post.
Old 19th March 2010, 15:01   #607
BHPian

Bolero Non- Crde

Regular Shell Customer.

But since the prices shot up north,I didn't want to shell out Rs.44 for Shell, I started filling up from IOC near Kundalahalli Gate, Trust me the fuel quality here is really good and i can see that my engine really silent.

Try it to believe.

Cheers,
Rajesh
Old 19th March 2010, 15:06   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post

I rely on the IBP at Kottivakkam on ECR. They have been really professional. Also saw one day some inspector was checking on the fuel purity.. So I believe it is good. I buy the Premium petrol there and get a good mileage of 15km/l in city.

Also I get nitrogen top up for free!!!
Old 19th March 2010, 17:32   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
But since the prices shot up north,I didn't want to shell out Rs.44 for Shell, I started filling up from IOC near Kundalahalli Gate, Trust me the fuel quality here is really good and i can see that my engine really silent.

Cheers,
Rajesh
Where is this IOC bunk situated exactly? At Graphite India Junction?

Cheers
Rajdeep
Old 19th March 2010, 17:39   #610
BHPian

Filled up Shell regular for Rs. 57.9x a litre. Is it worth it? Probably not, but yesterday I'd filled at a BP pump and there were serious issues with both quality and quantity. With shell I can feel the difference in the engine. The fuel gauge needle goes up higher too. The shocking part is that for 600Rs, the quantity of fuel is about 10.37l at shell. Almost a full liter less than other pumps.
Till I can find a reliable MNC pump, shell it is.
Old 19th March 2010, 17:44   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
There is an IBP pump near my home and it is not thought of highly in the neighborhood. I am yet to see an Essar pump anywhere.
There is one Essar Petrol Station near Anna Nagar Roundabout beside Sri.Krishna Sweet, its good.
Old 19th March 2010, 17:47   #612
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
Filled up Shell regular for Rs. 57.9x a litre. Is it worth it? Probably not, but yesterday I'd filled at a BP pump and there were serious issues with both quality and quantity. Till I can find a reliable MNC pump, shell it is.
Roy,

I was going to send you a SMS to find out if there was a reliable pump near Vidyaranyapura where you live. I've been sticking to Shell for close to a year now and have had no problems, but the hike is making me think of switching to a PSU.

Any idea of a good pump in and around V'pura?

Thanks,
gpa
Old 19th March 2010, 21:15   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Where is this IOC near Kundalahalli Gate? IIRC, there is no IOC bunk in this area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
Filled up Shell regular for Rs. 57.9x a litre. Is it worth it?
Last time I filled up Shell regular, it was 56.91 /litre.
Old 19th March 2010, 21:20   #614
BHPian

When you come from Marathalli and take right at Graphite which leads to SAP Labs, on the left hand side you will find IOC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Where is this IOC bunk situated exactly? At Graphite India Junction?

Cheers
Rajdeep
Old 20th March 2010, 00:07   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
I was going to send you a SMS to find out if there was a reliable pump near Vidyaranyapura where you live.......
The HP on Bellary Rd near the Kodigehalli turnoff is your best bet. Have PMed you the directions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
......Last time I filled up Shell regular, it was 56.91 /litre.
57.92 today. Inflation thy name is Shell.
Still a fair crowd of 4 wheelers at shell though. In Chennai, I used to see only 2 wheelers at shell pumps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks