Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2010, 14:42   #736
BHPian

No. There is no price hike in shell. It is still 59.50. They are playing fair. Now the prices are nearly same in all the bunks.
Old 29th June 2010, 15:14   #737
BHPian

No, because - @ Shell you never got fuel at Subsidized rates.
So, the rates are same and I guess we should prefer filling up @ Shell than others.
(Same price aur Better Quality).
Old 29th June 2010, 15:47   #738
Senior - BHPian

Yup. Filled up my Activa in Shell today.@59.50. I am sure from now on many will choose this. And petrol price will also go up & down due to private players.
Old 29th June 2010, 15:53   #739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinay-JS View Post
No. There is no price hike in shell. It is still 59.50. They are playing fair. Now the prices are nearly same in all the bunks.
There is no question of playing fair! Their existing prices were sans subsidy and hence continue at the same level. But expect PSU prices to gradually creep up to this level in small increments.
Old 29th June 2010, 15:55   #740
BHPian

What is the price for shell normal in Hyderabad ? Anyone tanked up lately ?
Old 29th June 2010, 16:10   #741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinay-JS View Post
Shell is costlier in Chennai as compared to Bangalore, despite the fact that the local taxes are higher in Bangalore, add to it transportation cost should be higher in hinterland as compared to coastal cities. I don't think they are playing fair.

Even though they are not involved in charity I still can't digest the fact that Shell costs more in Chennai as compared to Bangalore.
Old 29th June 2010, 16:39   #742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
Shell is costlier in Chennai as compared to Bangalore, despite the fact that the local taxes are higher in Bangalore, add to it transportation cost should be higher in hinterland as compared to coastal cities. I don't think they are playing fair.

Even though they are not involved in charity I still can't digest the fact that Shell costs more in Chennai as compared to Bangalore.
I think it is because Shell source their fuels from Mangalore refinery. The transportation costs to Chennai add to the price. IIRC the transportation of fuel to Bangalore happens via pipelines from Mangalore and not by road, hence cheaper.
Old 29th June 2010, 16:40   #743
BHPian

Quote:

we in bangalore are digesting the same fact other-way-round for PSU fuel for god-knows-since-when.

OT : to be honest, it is surprising to know there are some things which is cheaper in bangalore.

Last edited by cuboid : 29th June 2010 at 16:42.
Old 29th June 2010, 17:25   #744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuboid View Post
OT : to be honest, it is surprising to know there are some things which is cheaper in bangalore.
+ 1 to that

SHELL for me from next filling!!
Old 30th June 2010, 01:06   #745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I think it is because Shell source their fuels from Mangalore refinery. The transportation costs to Chennai add to the price. IIRC the transportation of fuel to Bangalore happens via pipelines from Mangalore and not by road, hence cheaper.
I don't think the transport costs are higher than the difference in local taxes. My feeling is they have artificially pegged the prices lower at Bangalore not to loose too much ground. May be Bangalore is a higher priority for them.
Old 30th June 2010, 09:58   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
There is no question of playing fair! Their existing prices were sans subsidy and hence continue at the same level. But expect PSU prices to gradually creep up to this level in small increments.
Ya, I agree Gansan. I probably was overjoyed (as shell didn't hike the prices) while posting.
Old 30th June 2010, 10:32   #747
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
+ 1 to that

SHELL for me from next filling!!
Super, at 59.90 , shell normal is the choice, almost the same cost as PSU Premium and much better overall experience.
Old 30th June 2010, 10:50   #748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think the transport costs are higher than the difference in local taxes. My feeling is they have artificially pegged the prices lower at Bangalore not to loose too much ground. May be Bangalore is a higher priority for them.
I think Shell costs less in Karnataka than in any other state right now. Not necessarily Bangalore alone.
Old 30th June 2010, 10:51   #749
BHPian

Yestarday I Filled up at Shell Sadashivnagar @59.50. I really dnt like to go to other bunks. I just prefer Shell Normal but never tried Shell Premium

Has anyone observed any difference in milage by filling Shell Normal and Shell Premium?
Old 30th June 2010, 11:18   #750
BHPian

Now that the petrol prices are deregulated. I am going for my next tank full at shell.

Heard a lot but never filled due to price difference. Now is the right time.

Shell will benefit from the the price deregulation.

Most Viewed