Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2010, 11:03   #991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Guys, the Davangere outlet of Shell on PB road has been closed down, looks more like permanently as all the signage & structure too have been removed :(
Whats the exact reasons for the closure? I think this is the first Shell bunk closure in Karnataka in recent times.
Old 2nd December 2010, 12:55   #992
BHPian

Petrol Rates in Hyd as of 1 Dec

Shell Normal - 61.95
IBP Normal - 59.10

thats almost Rs 3 difference !!
Old 2nd December 2010, 14:18   #993
BHPian

Does anyone know about the status of the Shell bunk near Lady Hill at Mangalore? The last time I visited that was in 2009.Is it still in operation?
Old 2nd December 2010, 14:58   #994
Team-BHP Support

Shell normal petrol yesterday was at Rs. 59.95 per litre. Agonizingly close to the 60 bucks mark. :(
Old 2nd December 2010, 15:26   #995
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Shell normal petrol yesterday was at Rs. 59.95 per litre. Agonizingly close to the 60 bucks mark. :(
The normal petrol at IOC costs 59.35 and the Shell normal costs 59.95. The 60 paise increased cost gives you quality and quantity which is worth the premium.

However, the story is different with respect to Diesel.
Old 3rd December 2010, 12:05   #996
BHPian

Yesterday I filled petrol from Shell on Sankey rd and the price per lit was 60.95. Anybody filled in other shell location and any price difference?
Old 4th December 2010, 16:46   #997
BHPian

I always fill at Shell for both my mo-bike and my car. I really feel that for a Rs.3 difference, it makes no sense to compromise on quality/quantity and the peace of mind from the lack of crowding I have at Shell gas stations. My average fuel burnt per week is 15lts for which I will be paying, what, Rs. 45 extra. Which is, meh.

I'm from Hyderabad and I pay Rs. 61.95 for my petrol and it is regular. Premium is, if I recollect right, Rs.67. I'm never going for that. Diesel is ridiculously expensive at Shell, which is due to the govt still holding down prices for 'aam admi' driving diesel SUVs.

Btw, what is really sad is that the Shell at Nagole, Hyderabad closed down :( so now I'm getting my fuel from the station en route to work - Somajiguda. Subsidies killed Shell Nagole.
Old 5th December 2010, 12:54   #998
BHPian

Shell premium in chennai is 63.95.
Price went up by Rs. 2 effective this week.
Old 5th December 2010, 14:35   #999
BHPian

It must be more than 63.95 now in Hyderabad then.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

Last edited by bblost : 6th December 2010 at 10:42. Reason: Check your post. Thanks.
Old 6th December 2010, 15:55   #1000
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju.iitm View Post
Yesterday I filled petrol from Shell on Sankey rd and the price per lit was 60.95. Anybody filled in other shell location and any price difference?
The bangalore prices have Risen up. On friday I filled up a tankfull at Basavanagudi,Bangalore-It was 60.95Rs/Lt
I did a travel of around 800+kms over the weekend and i also had a chance to fill up at Mysore. I filled a tankfull Yesterday-It was 59.95Rs/Lt

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 6th December 2010 at 15:56. Reason: grammatical errors
Old 6th December 2010, 16:32   #1001
BHPian

Few weeks back i saw New Shell Bunk setting up near Gottigere,Bannerghatta Road, has it been completed?

This end of BG road desperately needed a good bunk and excited to see Shell filling station, where quality and quantity is assured.
Old 6th December 2010, 18:38   #1002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus. View Post
Few weeks back i saw New Shell Bunk setting up near Gottigere,Bannerghatta Road, has it been completed?

This end of BG road desperately needed a good bunk and excited to see Shell filling station, where quality and quantity is assured.
Not yet. I live nearby and will update once this is open.
Old 6th December 2010, 19:42   #1003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Shell premium in chennai is 63.95.
Price went up by Rs. 2 effective this week.
It has gone up by Re 1.00 exactly. When I filled on 25/11, it was Rs 62.95. Shell normal is now 61.45, as aginst the earlier 60.45.
Old 6th December 2010, 19:44   #1004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Petrol Rates in Hyd as of 1 Dec

Shell Normal - 61.95
IBP Normal - 59.10

thats almost Rs 3 difference !!
Shell Unleaded is now 63.45 INR in Hyderabad!
Old 8th December 2010, 08:47   #1005
BHPian

re: Shell fuel price discussion thread. Update: Going down cheaper than PSU's.

Had a not-so-good experience at Shell Somajiguda (Hyd) today. For fuelling up, I have to go out of my way to the petrol station at Somajiguda. Today, I went there in the morning times for the first time and saw it was closed with barricades. There was no "Timings" board anywhere near the "Entry" so I proceeded towards "Exit" and still no board. I saw people moving around so I honked to catch their attention and they signaled "Wait". After a little wait, they opened the barricade and let me in. I asked them about the timings but I got no answer, just a hand wave towards the filling pump. I parked my bike at the pump on centre stand and got down just like they always ask me to. However, it seemed my bike was in the WRONG DIRECTION !! I was like WHA..? "Company rules, bike should be parked 'other' way around". I told them you didn't have a board for the timings so I had to get in the 'wrong way' and where are the directions? There are no arrows on the pavement! Company rules. I thought "Company Rules? What if you fill my bike up the way it is now, will it blow up the pump?"

Pissed off I got inside the cabin and asked (never angry) the incharge what this crap was about and he just kept supporting his employee. He was like"We opened the store FIVE minutes before time for you", "You didn't see the board for Entry?", "You could have turned your bike in the time you took to come and speak with me". I then got onto my bike and wanted to really leave when I told him I come out of my way to get both my bike and car filled up here, even if it is pricier than the other pumps. He said "I didn't say I will not fill your bike, you are the one leaving now".

However, I had to get my bike filled up as I had already significantly invested in time, something really precious in the morning for me.

This just goes to show that Shell or PSU, everyone treats customers the same, like dung. It is surprising to see Shell behave like this when they know they don't have customers pouring in like at PSU pumps. This is like the popular telugu saying "It doesn't matter which rock you use to break your head". Just that here we're using a pricier, high-quality rock.

Most Viewed