Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2013, 15:03   #2011
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Shell fuel price discussion thread !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I don't know how the attendant will benefit since it was a card transaction.
Sad to read this. Looks like the person in charge of day-end reconciliation is also in cahoots with the esteemed attendant. That's the only way any staff can convert 200 bucks in credit card receipts into cash pilferage!

Coupled with the very average experience of Shell diesel in my Cruze looks like I am going to completely avoid Shell from now on.

At least in the COCO PSU pumps, I am 200% alert anyways for any hanky panky.
Old 9th June 2013, 16:12   #2012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Coupled with the very average experience of Shell diesel in my Cruze looks like I am going to completely avoid Shell from now on.

At least in the COCO PSU pumps, I am 200% alert anyways for any hanky panky.
If the intention is to cheat, anyone in any pump will try it and the only way is for is to be alert at every stage. Cheating with bills or receipts is one way. Others may opt for adultery or in quantity of fuel pumped out into our cars.

The latter we won't even know in most cases. Unless Shell compromises on quality or quantity I'd stick with them but be alert every time to ensure am charged the right amount.
Old 12th June 2013, 13:36   #2013
BHPian

Whats the price difference between PSU's and Shell for unleaded Petrol in Bangalore now?? Could anyone who has recently filled up share the info...
Old 12th June 2013, 15:17   #2014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Whats the price difference between PSU's and Shell for unleaded Petrol in Bangalore now?? Could anyone who has recently filled up share the info...
Shell normal BS 4 is 70.35. PSU must be few paisa here and there. not much difference between PSU and Shell. So go ahead and fill up before fuel prices are hiked by 2-3rs over the weekend.
rajshenoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2013, 12:29   #2015
Senior - BHPian

69.75 is the latest for the BS III petrol
Old 14th June 2013, 19:36   #2016
Team-BHP Support

Got the last 4 tankfulls done from Shell, ignoring the price difference of 3-4 rs (Diesel). Got a call from them today that I have won 2000rs fuel card as part of Shell Extra Plus contest. I guess I can happily fill diesel tankfulls for another 10 times knowing that Shell paid for the price difference already.

Unlike the reports from Ford and TATA owners in previous pages- Fiat Multijets do seem to love Shell diesel. My car has become smooth and refined and combined with the RD effect- it has no hesitation in hitting 4k rpm. The growl above 3k used to be lazy and irritating earlier, but feels so eager and sporty (for a diesel) now.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 19:57   #2017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Yesterday I filled diesel in HP near Hebbal and its Rs.54.82 and Diesel in Shell costs Rs.57.50. The difference being Rs.2.68/- per liter.

I regularly fill petrol from Shell for Bike & Scooty and the quality & quantity is excellant. However after reading negative opinions on Shell's Diesel and I myself did not experience any advantages out of Shell's diesel, I do not prefer Shell Diesel for now.
I'll probably wait out couple more months. With the Rupee nose diving, I am sure the prices are going to increase further.

I had used Shell diesel on my earlier car for almost 2 years and was always satisfied with the quality of the fuel. The car used to be smooth and the difference used to be immediately noticeable when filled from other bunks.
Old 17th June 2013, 09:44   #2018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Got the last 4 tankfulls done from Shell, ignoring the price difference of 3-4 rs (Diesel). Got a call from them today that I have won 2000rs fuel card as part of Shell Extra Plus contest. I guess I can happily fill diesel tankfulls for another 10 times knowing that Shell paid for the price difference already.
Congrats CrAzY dRiVeR
Old 17th June 2013, 09:54   #2019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had a very shocking experience at Shell yesterday. I had gone to the Vittal Mallya Rd. bunk yesterday to fill up the Altis.

Although it could be an honest mistake, the entire episode was a little suspicious. Not only did he charge Rs.200 more but he lost the original bill. I don't know how the attendant will benefit since it was a card transaction.

Be careful when paying by card. Always insist on bill and check the amount on card slip.
Dear Vidyut,
Even if its not a complaint, its better to make the Shell Pump or their website aware of this incident. It could be a natural mistake from what I can make out. But, a timely warning to their staff will prevent them from pulling anything suspicious in the future. That could be one of the ways to prevent them going the PSU way, since many of us blindly trust Shell!
Old 17th June 2013, 11:10   #2020
BHPian

Bangalore Shell BSIII petrol now at Rs. 72.25. Shell website still shows 69.75.
Old 17th June 2013, 11:25   #2021
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Dear Vidyut,
Even if its not a complaint, its better to make the Shell Pump or their website aware of this incident. It could be a natural mistake from what I can make out. But, a timely warning to their staff will prevent them from pulling anything suspicious in the future. That could be one of the ways to prevent them going the PSU way, since many of us blindly trust Shell!
Shell is growing and opening more outlets, now with Diesel prices catching up they are bound to get more customers queuing up. So more attendants.. Naturally some of them might have hopped jobs from a PSU and will continue what they did in earlier job

I had similar experience with HP petrol pump. I went back and got it checked. Attendent was given warning and i was told that they have shortage of people and most of them work as contract employees and run away after 1-2 months.

They have servers which keep track of every transaction and the fuel quantity dispensed. So you can go and verify the records
Old 17th June 2013, 21:20   #2022
Senior - BHPian

The Shell station at my neighborhood is opening an oil change facility from tomorrow. They are offering a free 12 point check for those who change the oil with them. They have a trained mechanic for this and are stocking Bosch oil filters for all cars. These photos were taken tonight by my son while I was filling petrol for the bike.

Facility looks very clean and elegant. I will take some more pictures in day time and post them later.
Attached Thumbnails
Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)-dsc00913.jpg  

Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)-dsc00916.jpg  

Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)-dsc00917.jpg  

Last edited by Gansan : 17th June 2013 at 21:22. Reason: Spelling.
Old 17th June 2013, 23:07   #2023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Congrats Crazy Driver...BTW, how did they know your contact details?
Old 19th June 2013, 00:08   #2024
Team-BHP Support

Shell Diesel - Rs 60.25 (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K a s h View Post
Congrats CrAzY dRiVeR
Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Congrats Crazy Driver...BTW, how did they know your contact details?
Thanks guys! The coupon has a story behind it -

Two weeks back i visited Shell (Whitefield road opposite HP) for a tankfull. They filled fuel for Rs.1930/- before the auto-shut cut in. I asked them to make it a round figure of Rs 2000 (since i was going to pay cash).

The attendant carefully filled diesel till Rs 1990, but accidently pressed hard and diesel overflowed from the tank. Amount came to Rs 2009. He was apologetic for his mistake and hence I gave the full amount and told him 'its ok, mistakes happen' and proceeded to the air&water station.

After a minute - our hero came running from behind and gave me this coupon for Shell Extra Plus contest. I had filled fuel worth 1500 and above earlier from other Shell bunks too, but did not get this coupon from anywhere. As a return courtesy - I immediately sent the sms, thanked him and left the place.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 19th June 2013 at 00:21.
Old 26th June 2013, 11:38   #2025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had a very shocking experience at Shell yesterday. I had gone to the Vittal Mallya Rd. bunk yesterday to fill up the Altis.

Although it could be an honest mistake, the entire episode was a little suspicious. Not only did he charge Rs.200 more but he lost the original bill. I don't know how the attendant will benefit since it was a card transaction.

Be careful when paying by card. Always insist on bill and check the amount on card slip.
It was clearly a case of intentional cheating since he pretended that he lost the bill.

Such people do not deserve to be associated with a brand like Shell. I request you to leave a complaint on the Shell website.

Rohan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks