Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2013, 19:35   #2041
Senior - BHPian

Re: Shell fuel price discussion thread !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
I hope the oil change facility turns out to be a huge success
I think it will be. As per my reckoning, right now about three cars and a dozen bikes use the facility every day. In one of the pictures you can see a couple of black, diagonal stripes on the floor, towards the left of the car. They are actually rubber strips, on which the main stand of the bikes is placed during the oil change.

Quote:
but it is of great help to see someone actually change the oil that you purchased yourself, right in front of your own eyes.
Well, my MASS (MSM) does it! I always buy the oil from Shell and take it with me for the service. I will sit on their necks till the oil change is done in front of me, to my satisfaction! In fact, I will take a fresh funnel with me, and pour the fresh oil in to the engine and check the level myself!

I also write on the job card "No additives" in bold letters!

Last edited by Gansan : 20th July 2013 at 19:39.
Gansan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2013, 20:14   #2042
BHPian

You are right, this kind of experience is totally uncalled for and unacceptable. And I agree with you, that for such cases, a prooperly operated oil change facility like Shell would be a good alternative. Try Castrol pitstop or something like that, they used to charge Rs. 150 for oil change servicing, and my experience was always good. For that matter, most of the FNGs do a decent job.

But my experience with dealership has been always great. They even allow me to carry my own oil should I decide to do it.

Off topic: For TATA, they have a genuine feedback mechanism, and you can speak to their regional managers. If you are not satisfied, talk to them, don't leave it. You will be surprised how things/attitudes change. They actually make sure that you get a follow up call within 48 hours from the dealership. If required, as in my case, they even involved the vendor for fuel pump servicing who offered a part at 50% of price and no labor, after couple of months of the actual problem. And once you do that, next time you are in the same service center, they stop doing all circus.

For Maruti, I did not feel the need to escalate, as the quality of service was really good. They did ask for 5k interval, I asked them to confirm with the booklet, no issues after that. And in 20k service, they did not even talk of oil additive, decarbonization etc. Regardless, Maruti customer service is responsive over email, but it is hard to get in touch with them over phone.
Old 20th July 2013, 21:50   #2043
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

SNIP---------------
As soon as the car was dried and wiped after the wash and brought for delivery, I immediately opened the bonnet and pulled out the oil dipstick.

Just as I had suspected, the level was way beyond the "F" mark, probably because of the additive stuff. I asked the SA, "Why should I pay for your crap additive and buy big trouble later, due to overfilling causing a popped oil seal, and possibly worse damage?" Needless to say, I had them put the car on a lift and drain the excess oil, and also mentioned the same on the feedback form. How many customers would do this? Why should one pay and buy trouble, -------------SNIP
I so agree with you on the over filling part! i20 Diesel requires 5.3 lts . But that is after ensuring that the old oil is completely drained off. The mechanics @ HASS drain the oil only for couple of mins and put the plug back. Meaning that there is quite a amount of oil left in the sump. Now they fill 5.3 lts + Additive( For that unsuspecting customer) . And the same thing repeats at each service. Leading to excess oil pressure because of excess oil. I now make sure that they drain the oil for quite a long time and fill up with 5 lts of my oil Delvac 1! It does not hurt if you have a wee bit lesser oil than overfill. I am sure that the total oil inside the engine will be 5.3 lts with 300 ml being the older oil
Old 9th August 2013, 10:57   #2044
Team-BHP Support

Shell Diesel @ Bangalore - Rs 65.55/l. A good Rs.10/l over normal diesel rates!

Anyone using Shell Cash? Any benefits? I got a free card, but might not renew it as I'm a diesel customer and the prices have gone sky-high.
Old 9th August 2013, 11:06   #2045
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Shell Diesel @ Bangalore - Rs 65.55/l. A good Rs.10/l over normal diesel rates!

Anyone using Shell Cash? Any benefits? I got a free card, but might not renew it as I'm a diesel customer and the prices have gone sky-high.
What is Shell Cash? Details please? My Altis is once week regular visitor to Shell bunk.
Old 9th August 2013, 11:08   #2046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

What is Shell Cash? Details please? My Altis is once week regular visitor to Shell bunk.
Something similar to BPs Petro card.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 11:12   #2047
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Something similar to BPs Petro card.
Thanks.

Just read the details online. Sounds useless after going through the terms.

Application fee of Rs.150 and then annual fees of Rs.100. You top us using credit card and then use the shell card to pay fuel. No point at all.

A credit card has the added benefit of being able to pay after 45 days. If you have a card with no fuel surcharge it is a much better option than the Shell Cash card.
Old 9th August 2013, 11:30   #2048
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I got it free, loaded with Rs.2000 as part of the contest last month. (Had posted the details earlier). Even I found it pointless after reading the rules and regulations. Now that I've used the free cash , might not renew it at all. Before that, just wanted to confirm if any BHP'ian had good things to say about it.

And guess what? We still need to swipe it and sign it like any other card. So there is no added convenience either!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 9th August 2013 at 11:33.
Old 9th August 2013, 11:43   #2049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks.

Application fee of Rs.150 and then annual fees of Rs.100. You top us using credit card and then use the shell card to pay fuel. No point at all.
A credit card has the added benefit of being able to pay after 45 days. If you have a card with no fuel surcharge it is a much better option than the Shell Cash card.
Its basically like Sodexo. You carry a Shell Card to make payment. Kind of a replacement for cash / credit card.

Pretty much useless. I was offered some 6 months back and after reading the details online, all I could infer was that I am paying Rs.250 extra to have and maintain that card. No benefits or discounts whatsoever.

My recommendation- If you don't like to carry credit / debit card / cash, then have it. Else, its a waste and blocks your money without any interest. I would better keep the money for fuel in my bank and get interest rather putting it in a plastic card.
Old 9th August 2013, 15:30   #2050
Distinguished - BHPian

Shell petrol is now 78.05/ l or Euro IV grade.

Cheers!
Old 18th August 2013, 13:10   #2051
Distinguished - BHPian

Shell petrol is now 77.80 for unleaded Euro 1V petrol.

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2013, 16:41   #2052
BHPian

Quote:
I got it free, loaded with Rs.2000 as part of the contest last month. (Had posted the details earlier). Even I found it pointless after reading the rules and regulations. Now that I've used the free cash , might not renew it at all. Before that, just wanted to confirm if any BHP'ian had good things to say about it.

And guess what? We still need to swipe it and sign it like any other card. So there is no added convenience either!
And you are aware that there is a cancellation fee? So, I guess you won 1750
From their website:
Card cancellation and refund fee : Rs. 250

and in T&Cs
21. A membership to the Program can be cancelled, subject to fees as applicable on date of request.

Even I took this stupid card to avoid transaction fees on my credit card (covers only HP and am averse holding multiple cards) and the process I follow is - during billing, load the billed amount to my shell card and then swipe the shell card. And a couple of times I was told the shell card system had some issues, so had to pay up the transaction costs on the credit card anyway .
Old 25th August 2013, 16:51   #2053
BHPian

Quote:

As told by the shell manager just dump the card instead of canceling It because of the service charge for cancellation.
First time i got it I tried an NEFT transfer from my bank account into the card, received the money after almost ten days to my horror. With the bank claiming they sent the money and shell saying not received. Had a tough time till it came into the account . Worthless piece of junk. Worse somewhere along the online account for the card you get a disclaimer saying your leaving shell india and logging into a third party.
Old 26th August 2013, 06:41   #2054
Senior - BHPian

Filled shell petrol at the Varthur road outlet. Price Rs 77.00/-. It was Rs 77.75 on August 14th.
Old 26th August 2013, 10:58   #2055
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Filled shell petrol at the Varthur road outlet. Price Rs 77.00/-. It was Rs 77.75 on August 14th.
INR 77/l is for Euro III, Euro IV is 77.80/l is the same from beginning of August!

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks