Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2013, 12:59   #2101
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Re: Shell fuel price discussion thread !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
As per my understanding the Indica's 1.4 litre engine has a capacity of 4 litres. Though mine is a 1.4 litre diesel engine, I have never filled greater than 4 litres of oil anytime & the oil level on the oil dip stick is always at the upper level. Please check your car manual for the exact oil quantity.
Thank you, AutoIndian! The chart that the Shell mechanic had mentioned the total capacity as 4.5 litres and so I thought that must be the case.

My Xeta originally had the 1.2 lit. engine (65PS, 102Nm). After that lump went ka-boom, she got her second heart, a 1.4 lit. petrol engine (85PS, 115Nm). Both lumps are basically the same Tata 475 SI engine. The 1.2 has a shorter stroke when compared to the 1.4 to take advantage of the different (lower) excise slab.

I checked the engine oil capacity for the 1.4 by downloading the Indigo manual, and it is indeed 4 litres (the 1.2 also has the same capacity). So now I need to buy only a half-a-litre can of Helix HX5 to top her up.

It looks like the Helix HX5 is the best selling oil that Shell have, and it moves really fast off the shelves! Yesterday, I went to the Ambattur Shell pump and they too had completely run out of stock of these yellow cans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Good initiative by Shell. So the oil change is being offered now in Bangalore and Chennai. I hope they start the same in Hyderabad as well. Last week, I checked here in Hyderabad (Raj bhavan road shell). They were offering just topup.
I too hope they start the service at all their pumps soon (I wrote the same on the feedback form), so that I can get it done at the one at Ambattur, which is the closest one for me. And I hope Shell start fuel pumps in cities where they don't currently have a presence, so that consumers in those cities can also experience the quality, quantity and service provided by Shell!

Last edited by RSR : 16th September 2013 at 13:13.
Old 16th September 2013, 21:19   #2102
Distinguished - BHPian

Shell updates petrol prices.

Bangalore - Euro IV

83.10 Unleaded Petrol
92.85 SUP

Cheers!
Old 17th September 2013, 15:25   #2103
Distinguished - BHPian

Regular unleaded at 83.50/- at Shell on the Pune bypass highway just before the e-way starts.

Usually the Hinjewadi pump is slightly cheaper (used to be a 2/- difference- not sure now)
Old 19th September 2013, 13:11   #2104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Good initiative by Shell. So the oil change is being offered now in Bangalore and Chennai. I hope they start the same in Hyderabad as well. Last week, I checked here in Hyderabad (Raj bhavan road shell). They were offering just topup.
Is the Oil Change available at all Shell Petrol Pumps in Bangalore or only select ones? I'm thinking of getting it done when I fill petrol next time.
Old 19th September 2013, 16:07   #2105
Senior - BHPian

A new offer at Shell, Chromepet today! Buy petrol / oil for Rs 500.00 or above, spin the wheel and get any one of the sure gifts! I got an LED torch!
Attached Thumbnails
Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)-dsc01017.jpg  

Gansan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 21:12   #2106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
A new offer at Shell, Chromepet today! Buy petrol / oil for Rs 500.00 or above, spin the wheel and get any one of the sure gifts! I got an LED torch!
Guys, the offer has since been revised as "Rs 1500.00 worth of purchase, including SULP".
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 22:33   #2107
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, the offer has since been revised as "Rs 1500.00 worth of purchase, including SULP".
Yes, indeed! I got a wax polish at Shell's Ambattur pump
Old 25th September 2013, 09:07   #2108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Filled fuel on Sunday, 22nd September at shell and noticed nothing like this in Bangalore. Seems like a Chennai specific offer or a station specific offer!

By the way I' seeing all the gifts on the table except chocolates, the attendants must have eaten all :just kidding:
Old 25th September 2013, 09:28   #2109
Senior - BHPian

The chocolates, if displayed there, will melt and run off in the Chennai sun! They are inside the convenience store, in ac comfort!

Actually after the first day, nothing is displayed there but brought from inside the store, after you spin the wheel!

Last edited by Gansan : 25th September 2013 at 09:29.
Gansan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 09:35   #2110
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Filled fuel on Sunday, 22nd September at shell and noticed nothing like this in Bangalore. Seems like a Chennai specific offer or a station specific offer!

By the way I' seeing all the gifts on the table except chocolates, the attendants must have eaten all :just kidding:
It seems to be a Chennai specific Shell offer then, but the items given away vary from pump to pump. For instance, at the Ambattur pump where I filled up, there were no LED torches being given away. There was no LED torch option on the wheel, instead that portion was marked as "Spin Again".

Last edited by RSR : 25th September 2013 at 09:40.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 10:10   #2111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
For instance, at the Ambattur pump where I filled up,
Would that be Godwin enterprises? They were the dealers at Chromepet till a few months ago, before it became Divyashree Enterprises. I heard these people had the dealership in Ambattur before, and they mutually swapped the dealerships.
Old 25th September 2013, 10:51   #2112
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Would that be Godwin enterprises? They were the dealers at Chromepet till a few months ago, before it became Divyashree Enterprises. I heard these people had the dealership in Ambattur before, and they mutually swapped the dealerships.
I just checked a Shell bill, and yes, it is Godwin!

If they are friends with the Divyashree folks and share some of their practices, then I can only hope they copy the successful Shell oil change service from them. It would save me the hassle of traveling > 20 km. for an oil change
Old 25th September 2013, 11:01   #2113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Regular unleaded at 83.50/- at Shell on the Pune bypass highway just before the e-way starts.

Usually the Hinjewadi pump is slightly cheaper (used to be a 2/- difference- not sure now)
I tanked up at Shell Hinjewadi, last saturday (21/9) with regular pertol @83.15/-
Old 25th September 2013, 11:01   #2114
Senior - BHPian

@ RSR

Godwin were great chaps, they used to offer excellent service too. In fact the ambience in the station is unchanged since they left.

The oil change facility and other offers are done directly by Shell, I think. Perhaps as a test case before launching elsewhere, due to the premium location of the bunk.

It sure is the best looking and cleanest petrol station I have seen anywhere in a long time!

Last edited by Gansan : 25th September 2013 at 11:08.
Old 1st October 2013, 17:02   #2115
Distinguished - BHPian

Shell prices in Bangalore for ULP are now as:
BS IV 79.30
BS III 78.50

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed