Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2014, 21:40   #2326
BHPian

re: Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Shell diesel is cheaper to the PSU by almost Rs.2. When was the last time this happened? This is Bangalore.

http://www.shell.com/ind/products-se...ing-board.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I saw the price of diesel was put up as Rs.62 per litre today morning at the Bellary Road Shell Pump.

Looks like shell has jumped the gun and reduced prices before the PSUs can act. Good move.

In other news, my car doesn't feel sluggish anymore after almost a month of Shell Diesel diet. Shell all the way for me from now on.
Hope they are not closing down Shell pumps across Karnataka. In Telangana and A.P, most of the Shell petrol pumps have already been closed. Before they shut shop across these two states, they charged below market price for diesel. May be the same practice is happening in Karnataka as well.
Old 17th October 2014, 09:40   #2327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Hope they are not closing down Shell pumps across Karnataka. In Telangana and A.P, most of the Shell petrol pumps have already been closed. Before they shut shop across these two states, they charged below market price for diesel. May be the same practice is happening in Karnataka as well.
Nah, Bangalore has huge fan base for shell petrol. So they won't be closing it
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2014, 09:43   #2328
Distinguished - BHPian

74.00 for regular petrol filled at Hinjewadi, Pune this morning.

Shell Super is 80.xx
Old 17th October 2014, 10:04   #2329
BHPian

Finally Shell diesel is cheaper than PSU bunks !!

This morning Shell Diesel in Bangalore is Rs 61.71 wheras PSU bunk are selling at Rs 64 +.:
adnaps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2014, 12:15   #2330
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
In Telangana and A.P, most of the Shell petrol pumps have already been closed.
There is a notice on the Shell website regarding the closure (see below screenshot). Anybody knows the reason?
Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)-shell.jpg

There wa a case filed in Hyderabad against Shell alongwith other companies for installing flaudent pumps. Is it because of that or some other Political reasons after the state was split?
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2014, 15:33   #2331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
There is a notice on the Shell website regarding the closure (see below screenshot). Anybody knows the reason?
Attachment 1299909

There wa a case filed in Hyderabad against Shell alongwith other companies for installing flaudent pumps. Is it because of that or some other Political reasons after the state was split?
I don't think it has got anything to do with politics. It must be because of the fraudulent practices for sure. Not sure if there are any other reasons.
JoseVijay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 15:01   #2332
Distinguished - BHPian

For the first time in close to 7 years of my shell loyalty, I had two negative experiences in terms of service over the last two days.

Incident 1:
On Saturday, I wanted to purchase Shell Helix Ultra 5W40 grade Synthetic engine Oil. My car actually takes 4 litres but I had already got 1 litre with me so I wanted to buy 3 litres only. I went to the Airport road Shell station near Mekhri circle.

This engine oil either comes in one litre or 4 litres. When I asked for 3 litres, the sales person suggested me to buy a 4 litre can so that it works out cheaper. I told that I already have 1 litre so I didn't want that. then they pressed further saying that I can use that for a two wheeler and buy an economy 4-litre bottle. I rejected it.

This went a couple of more times which itself was not very nice. I didn't budge and finally they told me the real reason that they didn't have 4 bottles of 1-litre. I was not impressed.

Then I left the place and when I sat in my car, one guy came running and told me that I could put another oil other than Helix ultra. I rejected it but now with a more stern look and drove away.

Incident 2:
On Sunday night around 8:15PM, My car's fuel was close to empty and I entered the Kanakapura Road Shell Station (I'm a regular there since more than 2 years). As usual I was suggested special petrol which I turned down and they accepted it at the first instance unlike previous times. Good.

My car's windscreen washing liquid was also empty and because of driving on a Highway with some rains, the windscreen badly needed washing. So I asked the attendant if he could clean it. He nodded and called another guy to clean it. Initially I heard taht other guy telling the attendant that its not possible because of some wiper not good or something. I didn't speak a word.

After some moments, that guy came and began washing. As he was nearing completion, he loudly told the attendant "Nowadays we don't wash windscreens, Regular customers don't even ask for it". His shouting was evident that he wanted me to hear. I was disappointed but I left.

As soon as I took the exit I realized that I had to buy engine oil, and so I came back and went inside the store. Here too they pestered me to buy a 4-litre can. I couldn't keep quiet anymore.

Although I had seen the rates of both 1ltr and 4ltr cans by now, I asked him the rate of 1 litre can; He replied"1285 sir". I asked him to multiply it by 4-it came to 5140. I asked him the 4-ltr can price; Immediately he replied "5145 sir". I smiled at him and he just brought 3 cans of 1ltr

And now I also complained about the windscreen washer episode. He immediately went to the attendant and asked him...he told that he had washed it. Then I told him that washing it byt soeaking like that was worse than not washing at all.

He apologized and for the first time in 7 years I drove out of Shell staions feeling bad.
Old 20th October 2014, 15:20   #2333
Team-BHP Support

I've been a Shell regular for nearly 6 years now, and it's disappointing to see their service standards going down. It's not uncommon to find their pumps unmanned at all times of day, while their staff stand around loitering. Even if you beckon them or their supervisor asks them to get to work, they take their own sweet time and worse, be rude to customers for breaking up their gossip session. I've noticed this repeated at multiple pumps (Mysore Road, Basavangudi, Lalbagh East Gate etc.) so tough to let go as a one-off.

Not to mention their nagging persistence trying to sell you 'premium' fuel and their convenience stores not being well-stocked these days. Shell no longer guarantees a nice experience, unfortunately.
Old 21st October 2014, 09:33   #2334
Senior - BHPian

I've been a regular at Shell Segehalli from the time they opened the bunk, should be 4 years now. Even today and after dealing with so many different pump attendants, they have to try and sell their Super gas. One standard line every time, ""Saaar, jaasti mileageuuuu.....something"". I decline cause I don't think the asking price is justified. Besides; regular gas gives me the economy I should from my motorcycle and car.

Anyways; last tank up cost Rs. 72.50 for BSIII.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 21st October 2014 at 09:35.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 11:16   #2335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
As usual I was suggested special petrol which I turned down and they accepted it at the first instance unlike previous times. Good.
Lucky you, on Saturday evening at the same pump I had to ask the guy if I had to talk to supervisor or a manager to get normal petrol from this place. That was after declining for the fourth time and he gave me a savage look before starting the filling process. No windscreen washing was offered, but then that was probably because the car was quite clean, just a few kilometers right out after its service. I recently decided to switch to Shell, but if they keep insisting on what I should buy, I'd probably stay away from the yellow and red brand.

Got the regular one at 72.7 and the souped up one was offered at 78.something.
Old 21st October 2014, 12:55   #2336
Team-BHP Support

Tanked up at Shell Lalbagh East Gate in the morning. The annoying 'premium' sales pitch continues unabated. "Only Rs.5/ltr. more saar, better mileage saar, cleaner running engine saar". I told him if he doesn't start pumping regular fuel in 10 seconds, "I'll be gone saar". That got him working but he was mumbling all the time.

INR 73.30/ltr. for regular unleaded.
Old 22nd October 2014, 07:58   #2337
Team-BHP Support

A bad experience for me for the first time for me as well.

Visited Shell bunk @ Mekhri circle bangalore last week. After filling fuel, the attendant asked me to visit another bunk a bit far away from next time onwards if I want to fill diesel!

Since when did they start suggesting customers where to go to fill diesel!
Old 22nd October 2014, 08:08   #2338
BHPian

Yes. Even someone at the same Shell suggested me as well. Asking why am I paying extra; when I can get other fuel at cheaper rate. He also mentioned that, for the money I am paying, I could have filled some more.

His suggestion makes sense. But we have our reasons to sticking to Shell.
Old 22nd October 2014, 08:14   #2339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Visited Shell bunk @ Mekhri circle bangalore last week. After filling fuel, the attendant asked me to visit another bunk a bit far away from next time onwards if I want to fill diesel!

What made him say this? I have seen huge queue during most times of the day. A case of frustrated employee I guess. The Shell bunk near Mekhri circle is too small a bunk to handle the volume it gets. CD try the Sadashivnagar one, the diesel price is slightly lower too.
Old 22nd October 2014, 08:18   #2340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

That's the same bunk I have been filling from since last few months for my Ertiga too and today I am tanking up again.

What you experienced is indeed strange!! Are they indirectly hinting diesel car owners to look at other options than Shell?and why?

Or are they fed up of typical queues cabbies make on a seemingly peak morning (have seen good number of Airport Etios cabs filling here too)? Scratching my head now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks