Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2014, 08:30   #2341
Team-BHP Support

Shell fuel price discussion thread!

Not sure of the real reason. I couldn't ask him more because my Kannada knowledge is limited to listening as on now. Should be a case of overload since the queue extended all the way to the road that day.

Sadashiva Nagar and even Mekhri Circle are not along my usual routes.
Will stick to the one at Jakkur. Less crowded there ever since the flyovers opened.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 08:54   #2342
Team-BHP Support

re: Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Or are they fed up of typical queues cabbies make on a seemingly peak morning (have seen good number of Airport Etios cabs filling here too)? Scratching my head now.
Seems like this may be the reason. They must be used to seeing less crowd (implying less work!) Might such behaviour from other shell bunks too!
Old 22nd October 2014, 08:58   #2343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Visited Shell bunk @ Mekhri circle bangalore last week. After filling fuel, the attendant asked me to visit another bunk a bit far away from next time onwards
Very strange indeed. Could be frustration since their prices have now come at par with PSU, the crowds are more. Have not faced any such experience at the Sadashivnagar or Vittal Mallya road pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
What made him say this? I have seen huge queue during most times of the day. A case of frustrated employee I guess. The Shell bunk near Mekhri circle is too small a bunk to handle the volume it gets. CD try the Sadashivnagar one, the diesel price is slightly lower too.
Getting to the Sadashivanagar pump is too tedious. When you are at the Shell on Bellary road, you need to travel all the way upto Palace Volkswagen, take a turn below the flyover and turn all the way to go to this pump. I will blame the BBMP or Bangalore's road planners for this.
Old 30th October 2014, 11:49   #2344
BHPian

Earlier the attendants checking air at Shell refused to take tips. But recently noticed that the Bellandur bunk chap taking tips. He kinda waits near the driver door after filling air. Just a casual observation.
Old 30th October 2014, 14:22   #2345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Earlier the attendants checking air at Shell refused to take tips. But recently noticed that the Bellandur bunk chap taking tips. He kinda waits near the driver door after filling air. Just a casual observation.
It is the people who spoil them. A lot of times, I have seen that people call for the guy, and give him a tip and when this happens regularly they start to expect it. I fill air regularly at shell for my two wheeler, and so far I have never been asked for nor have I offered a tip.
For my car, since its nitrogen I always pay the required money, no tip again.
Old 30th October 2014, 14:52   #2346
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Earlier the attendants checking air at Shell refused to take tips. But recently noticed that the Bellandur bunk chap taking tips.
^^ Yes.
This is a different guy though.
Also, I guess the compressor at Bellandur shell is off by around 2 PSI. Now I ask them to fill to a higher amount to offset the difference.
Old 30th October 2014, 15:07   #2347
BHPian

After a long time, with the recent price cuts at Shell stations, I planned to refuel there, a tankful of diesel. Drove for 300 odd kms before which water in fuel filter warning lamp came on and I had to pay 250 rs for labour to get the filter cleaned . Not sure if the quality checks are properly in place.
Old 30th October 2014, 16:05   #2348
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Shell service, quality and mostly honest has gone for toss.

Last weekend, I went to shell pump on mysore road opposite to BHEL (little further).
It was all most empty, the pump where I stopped my car was showing Rs.500 with some 7.xx ltrs. The attender kept his finger on digit 5, exposing next two digits which were zeros and then said "Sir Zero". I clearly said no it is not Zero. He once again said the same "Sir Noodi Zero)(Sir, see here it is zero). I simply asked him to remove the dispenser from nozzel and called in the manager. Then he immediately reset the meter to actual Zero.

Also now days I don't see much difference between shell fuel and fule from any other pumps.

Not worth any additional money or effort to fill from Shell.
Old 30th October 2014, 16:18   #2349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Then he immediately reset the meter to actual Zero.
Wow, this is sad and probably the first time I have heard this happening in a shell pump. It always pays to be attentive though. Thanks for sharing this.
Old 30th October 2014, 17:32   #2350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Last weekend, I went to shell pump on mysore road opposite to BHEL (little further).

Not worth any additional money or effort to fill from Shell.
A request. Please send an email immediately to the customer service with the date and time this happened. We need to nip it at the bud and I am sure, Shell takes immediate action on such cases, especially since they have cameras all around.
Its not correct for Shell to resort to such cheap tactics or one bad egg spoiling it for all.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 19:50   #2351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
^^ Yes.
This is a different guy though.
Also, I guess the compressor at Bellandur shell is off by around 2 PSI. Now I ask them to fill to a higher amount to offset the difference.
Thanks for the Tip @mpksuhas. Went to fill up today, the guy checking the air was refusing tips. Bellandur shell again.

The 'premium fuel fill madi' campaign is still on. Refused twice and he kept on insisting. Third time, I took out the owners manual and asked him to show where the premium fuel is better thingie is written. He quietly went on to fill normal fuel.
glenmz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2014, 01:36   #2352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow !! That is quite something new for all Shell loyalists. Would make people aware of this particular bunk.

I think the corruption starts where there is overstaffed workforce.
People filling, people selling petro cards, people asking cash or card, people asking for windshield wash, people asking for engine oil change, etc etc.
There should be one person per dispenser, who takes care of everything.

I have been filling at Shell Varthur for the last ~ 4 years.
I see that there are limited guys to each dispenser.
The guy who fills my car says namaste and does his usual routine asking about fuel, type.
He fits the nozzle and then resets the meter.
Upon saying yes, he switches on the nozzle to start filling, and goes away.
He comes back when the auto cutoff is done. Takes out the nozzle, swipes my card at the wireless machine, cleans the windshield. And I take off from there.
Old 1st November 2014, 08:03   #2353
Distinguished - BHPian

Shell prices of Unleaded petrol-BSIV is now Rs 70.95 /l.
Old 1st November 2014, 08:32   #2354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karts View Post
After a long time, with the recent price cuts at Shell stations, I planned to refuel there, a tankful of diesel. Drove for 300 odd kms before which water in fuel filter warning lamp came on and I had to pay 250 rs for labour to get the filter cleaned ..
It is possible that there was some accumulation over a period of time and this time, the indicator came on requiring you to get it cleaned ? I dont think there would be so much water in the fuel to cause this in one tank-ful
Old 1st November 2014, 12:27   #2355
Senior - BHPian

Filled air at Shell and was surprised to see the nozzle cap missing. I have new tyres all round and second time this is happening. I think they keep it aside and do drama of 'searching' when asked for it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks