Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2014, 18:59   #2371
Senior - BHPian

re: Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)

Tanked up around 22 litres @ Shell Pallikaranai Chennai.

The lady attendent was compelling for super+ while i politely said I am happy with ordinary.

She was chatting all the way about products / Super / even soft-drinks at the store. The same drama continues when i go into the store to make the payment. The lady at the cashier's desk again asks the same question - Lego toy / Car accessories / detailing products etc. Finally she also asks if i could buy some coke / soft drinks, which i politely decline.

Other than this pestering attitude, I am going to shell just for their so called higher quality of petrol.
Old 18th November 2014, 14:02   #2372
BHPian

Shell diesel is now 57.94 in Bangalore.
Seems like it is now the same as with other PSU. Any idea about the current diesel price in other PSUs
Old 18th November 2014, 14:22   #2373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
Shell diesel is now 57.94 in Bangalore.
Seems like it is now the same as with other PSU. Any idea about the current diesel price in other PSUs
It is approximately the same in HP
Old 18th November 2014, 17:53   #2374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Not sure of the real reason. I couldn't ask him more because my Kannada knowledge is limited to listening as on now. Should be a case of overload since the queue extended all the way to the road that day.

Sadashiva Nagar and even Mekhri Circle are not along my usual routes.
Will stick to the one at Jakkur. Less crowded there ever since the flyovers opened.
I guess the primary reason behind this is surely the long queues that I witness even at 1PM, especially the Mekhri Circle one which itself is a small set-up and if more than 2 cars wait in the queue it spills onto the road almost blocking a lane.

It is due to this reason, I too have started filling up at Jakkur which is less crowded (Thanks to majority opting for elevated highway). Seeing the queues today at Mekhri circle outlet (mostly cabs - Etios, Logans, Innovas), I refilled at Vittal Mallya Road.

So, since I last discussed this here, I never refilled at Mekhri circle only looking at the rush!
Old 18th November 2014, 18:28   #2375
BHPian

Prices as found http://www.shell.com/ind/products-se...ing-board.html

Never realised that Diesel is pretty much same as PSU's. Now on - I am going to switch over to Shell!

PS: Euro III prices in Bangalore are applicable only at Whitefield, Brookefield, Varthur Road, Sai Baba, Kengeri and Kanakapura, Bannergatta, Magadi -1, Tumkur Road outlets.
Attached Images

Last edited by maheshramaling : 18th November 2014 at 18:31.
Old 22nd November 2014, 09:37   #2376
Senior - BHPian

I noticed that the Shell diesel is now 57.95 that is 1 paisa more expensive than the PSU diesel (This is for Bangalore)

That is about 50 paisa reduction, will it mean that PSU will reduce prices by another 50 paisa shortly ?

I think i will try Shell diesel this time. How is the general feedback on the FE and performance ?
Old 4th December 2014, 14:24   #2377
BANNED

The shell prices have not been changed from 2nd of November. I wonder why? They proudly proclaim that their prices are driven by international crude prices, but I have seldom seen them move in tandem when it is about reduction of prices.
Old 4th December 2014, 15:38   #2378
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I think i will try Shell diesel this time. How is the general feedback on the FE and performance ?
Yes. With the prices almost in same rages it is better to fill from Shell in case you have a bunk nearby.

I been filling only from Shell and PSU COCO's for my XUV (now ~ 11500 KM's). I am not able to find any difference in mileage or refinement between both fuel options.

So, if you don't have any reliable PSU bunks near by better opt Shell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTDrive View Post
They proudly proclaim that their prices are driven by international crude prices, but I have seldom seen them move in tandem when it is about reduction of prices.
Part of the same may be due to excise duty increase along with price reduction by PSU's. In effect, dropping crude rates are somewhat compensated by rising excise duty. Just my guess based on discussion on this thread.
Old 5th December 2014, 10:53   #2379
BHPian

Today on Tumkur Road(Bangalore) shell bunk diesel was listed at Rs 57.10/lt.
Old 5th December 2014, 11:03   #2380
Senior - BHPian

Shall Diesel is now 57.10 , I filled up 40 litres again yesterday.
No difference from PSU Diesel in terms of performance as ever.
My main motivation to fill up there is complete the collection of Lego toys.

Shell offers 8 Rs discount per liter on Lubricants purchase but sadly they don't stock Shell Rimula R4 which I wanted.
Old 5th December 2014, 11:26   #2381
BHPian

I see that all three Shell bunks in Hyderabad are shut no idea why.
Old 5th December 2014, 11:32   #2382
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasmhn View Post
Today on Tumkur Road(Bangalore) shell bunk diesel was listed at Rs 57.10/lt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Shall Diesel is now 57.10 , I filled up 40 litres again yesterday.
No difference from PSU Diesel in terms of performance as ever.
This is strange, looks like their website is still not updated as it is still showing the price of Diesel as Rs.58.xx.

Even I have found no difference in the performance of the car after my last refill with shell, will try one more refill and then probably if there is not much difference, will shift to my normal PSU as going to Shell is a bit of task in itself.
Old 5th December 2014, 11:49   #2383
BHPian

I too don't notice any performance, mileage difference but I still fill at shell mainly because I am assured of clean fuel. We all know how adulterated fuel damages fuel pump, engine etc and shell offers peace of mind in that aspect.

I also know couple of good PSU bunks like Nagpal on Resirency road, Advaitha BTM. So it's either these or any Shell bunk for me. I have become more careful after switching over to Diesel vehicle.
Old 5th December 2014, 11:54   #2384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
I see that all three Shell bunks in Hyderabad are shut no idea why.
Quote:
IMPORTANT NOTICE
Shell has decided to temporarily close its four retail outlets in Hyderabad from 30th September, 2014, till further notice.

We continue to serve our esteemed customers with the highest levels of service at other sites in the country. Shell remains committed to the fuels retailing business in India and continues to explore growth prospects. We urge our valued customers’ understanding of this difficult situation and hope that they will continue to support us.

We regret the inconvenience caused to our loyal customers.
Source : http://www.shell.com/ind/products-se...ing-board.html
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 12:57   #2385
Senior - BHPian

[quote=mpksuhas;3595150]Yes. With the prices almost in same rages it is better to fill from Shell in case you have a bunk nearby.

I been filling only from Shell and PSU COCO's for my XUV (now ~ 11500 KM's). I am not able to find any difference in mileage or refinement between both fuel options.

So, if you don't have any reliable PSU bunks near by better opt Shell.
/QUOTE]

Have done two tank fills on Shell now. I find absolutely no change in the performance or FE. So i agree with you.

I have a Company owned HP right next to my house and then Shell too. Will probably stick to whatever is cheap

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks