Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2015, 12:34   #2461
BHPian

re: Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)

At the CBI Road,Ganganagar Shell Outlet-- there is a new system in place.
Now, when you are in the queue ,A person comes and ask for the amount/quantity , Type (Super/Normal), petrol/Diesel and gives a Slip mentioninng the details.

IMO, it is done to prevent Attendant filling super instead of normal petrol and charging you more which they were notorious for.

You can then show the checklist and say what you had originally asked for.
A good move.
InControl is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 00:22   #2462
BHPian

Does anyone know of Shell V-Power. I went in to fill in my Red Baron this afternoon at the Shell pump on Bannerghatta Road and the gentleman there was saying that they will be launching Shell V-Power petrol in Bangalore in a couple of days time. Never asked him what the difference was between Shell Super and this, but wanted to know if anyone on this forum knew what this is about and if it was worth using on my HD Street 750.
Old 21st April 2015, 00:55   #2463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
Does anyone know of Shell V-Power. I went in to fill in my Red Baron this afternoon at the Shell pump on Bannerghatta Road and the gentleman there was saying that they will be launching Shell V-Power petrol in Bangalore in a couple of days time. Never asked him what the difference was between Shell Super and this, but wanted to know if anyone on this forum knew what this is about and if it was worth using on my HD Street 750.
V-Power might have a higher Octane rating. It might be the 97 octane fuel used in high compression engines (generally supercars and superbikes). Gives them optimum power and helps in other minor ways. Ask the Harley showroom folks whether high octane fuel is recommended for the Street. I doubt it would be necessary considering these bikes are made for touring and 97 octane is pretty rare in India.
amansanc is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 16:02   #2464
Senior - BHPian

The Shell Pump at Graphite India was closed when I went at 2:00 PM today. Asked the at attendant who was sitting there. He said "Power Issues".
Old 24th April 2015, 16:12   #2465
BHPian

Paid 52.25 for Diesel at Bellandur outlet today.
Old 27th April 2015, 21:57   #2466

Looks like Shell is getting ready to launch V-Power in Bangalore. I asked the pump attendant at Shell VM Road, and they confirmed that V-Power Petrol will be launched on 29th April. This is a Shell's premium fuel designed for performance. Super excited to fill up a tankful upon launch.
Attached Thumbnails
Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)-image.jpg  

Old 27th April 2015, 22:12   #2467

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Shell team is very slow in updating their website. In fact for a change the Indian Oil companies update it very promptly. Last Shell price update was done on 17th March. Price has reduced twice after that.

For example the site says diesel in Chennai in still 54.20, while i had already filled @ 53.00/litre 2 weeks back. I will fill her up this weekend. Will get to know the price when i visit the pump
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Woohoo! That's good news indeed.

I hope a few Shell outlets in Chennai also begin to operate round the clock, with a minimum number of employees working in the night shift. I'm forced to fill a few litres at PSU pumps occasionally (only a handful of them are open 24x7) when the car is running low on petrol late at night.

If one of the Shell pumps nearest to my location is open round the clock, then the car can be fed a nutritious Shelltarian diet all the time!

I guess this has got to be another outcome of diesel prices getting "deregulated", as buyers of the heavy fuel have also begun to patronise Shell pumps now. With the Shell dealers getting more revenue as a result, they can afford to hire extra staff to provide service round the clock. Also, a majority of those who fill fuel during late hours happen to buy diesel (call centre cabs, airport taxis etc.)
Shell outlets in Chennai which are open 24 hours are Shell Porur, Chromepet, JN Road & Arcot Road.
Old 28th April 2015, 07:34   #2468
Senior - BHPian

Just an update.

Date: 27 April 2015
Fuel Type: Unleaded Petrol (normal)
Price: Rs.66/l
Old 28th April 2015, 08:42   #2469
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
this afternoon at the Shell pump on Bannerghatta Road and the gentleman there was saying that they will be launching Shell V-Power petrol in Bangalore in a couple of days time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmoy View Post
the pump attendant at Shell VM Road, and they confirmed that V-Power Petrol will be launched on 29th April. This is a Shell's premium fuel designed for performance.
I only hope that Shell tells their attendants not to push V-Power too aggressively to customers. It gets annoying to be asked 2-3 times during a fill up about trying out their premium offerings when my car's manufacturer has recommended plain vanilla petrol.
Old 28th April 2015, 17:01   #2470
Senior - BHPian

The local pump in Chennai said that V Power is same 91 Octane, can anyone confirm?
Old 28th April 2015, 17:11   #2471
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
The local pump in Chennai said that V Power is same 91 Octane, can anyone confirm?
Yep, looks like as per this link

I was badly hoping V-power would be atleast 95 Octane which me any my TSI's are hungry for.
Old 28th April 2015, 17:13   #2472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

It probably is 91 octane plus additives, but the final octane number would staill be 91.

I went through the entire documentation on V Power on SHell India site and no mention of octane anywhere. It must be 91 octane itself.

http://www.shell.in/products-service...xperience.html
Old 28th April 2015, 19:05   #2473
BHPian

Quote:
V-Power in Shell Canada/ NA is 91 Octane petrol enriched with Nitrogen etc.

So I assume its the same here as well, especially since the picture given in Shell Canada's webpage is the same
http://www.shell.ca/en/products-serv...ll-vpower.html

What V-power contains is given here in the FAQ, including the octane rating as 91:
https://www.shell.ca/en/products-ser...power/faq.html

Last edited by vinjosep : 28th April 2015 at 19:07.
Old 28th April 2015, 19:59   #2474
BHPian

Since Shell already sells the Super, which is 91 RON with additives, my guess is that the V Power will be 95+ RON (which is what it is, worldwide AFAIK). Since BLR has a good number of superbikes, it should sell decently as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
V-Power in Shell Canada/ NA is 91 Octane petrol enriched with Nitrogen etc.
AFAIK, Canada uses AKI. So, 91 Octane in AKI ~ 95 RON (which is the unit used in India)
Old 28th April 2015, 21:28   #2475
Distinguished - BHPian

Could anyone tell me what's the closest Shell pump to Sakinaka, Mumbai?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks