Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2019, 08:59   #2731
Senior - BHPian

Re: Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)

Shell Petrol bunk coming up on 80ft road, Indiranagar.
Attached Thumbnails
Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)-1dfbc4a7c65047cbab8d098fefd8ca1f.jpeg  

Old 20th April 2019, 09:46   #2732
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Shell is really expanding ! They have one opp to Dell on IRR. Not that these are too close.

I wish Reliance expands even a little like this.
Old 20th April 2019, 10:16   #2733
Senior - BHPian

There is a Shell outlet in ECR in Chennai as well. Had to go to Porur or Navalur or near Ashok Nagar earlier. This is an easily accessible one

It's a little before Sholinganallur junction on ECR.
Old 22nd April 2019, 21:33   #2734

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
@Tharian - Have you always been using regular Shell diesel for your Aspire? If yes, do you see a noticeable difference in the performance / mileage? My Figo Diesel is scheduled to be delivered next week. So, just curious as to which fuel to be used. What does the the manual suggest to use?

Thanks,
Syed
Old 23rd April 2019, 07:39   #2735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figo'dd View Post
@Tharian - Have you always been using regular Shell diesel for your Aspire? If yes, do you see a noticeable difference in the performance / mileage? My Figo Diesel is scheduled to be delivered next week. So, just curious as to which fuel to be used. What does the the manual suggest to use?

Thanks,
Syed
I have hardly used Shell diesel for my car since it always felt rough and noisy. I used Shell Vpower once and it was good. I stick to Essar since it seems perfect for the engine in NVH.
Old 2nd May 2019, 22:29   #2736
Senior - BHPian

I noticed something very strange yesterday, I filled up shell normal petrol from 2 different bunks on the same day and there is a .60 paise difference between them!?

Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)-shell.png
Captain Slow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 10:07   #2737
Senior - BHPian

May be some local body taxes? I remember in Pune, the 2 Shell pumps 3-4 KMs apart had different rates as one was under Municipal corporation tax regime while the other was not.
Old 3rd May 2019, 10:19   #2738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
I filled up shell normal petrol from 2 different bunks on the same day and there is a .60 paise difference between them!?
Fuel outlets are free to price their fuel price, be it PSUs or private players, check first & last post in this related thread. (Do company-owned & company-operated pumps charge more for fuel?)
Old 3rd May 2019, 10:22   #2739
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
I noticed something very strange yesterday, I filled up shell normal petrol from 2 different bunks on the same day and there is a .60 paise difference between them!?

Attachment 1873322
It is known and also mentioned in the shell website FYI.

Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)-capture.jpg

Generally, form what I've seen, the prices in stations on the outskirts of the city are cheaper. Earlier it used to be because of Octroi. I don't know what is the equivalent to that in GST regime.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 11:19   #2740
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Generally, form what I've seen, the prices in stations on the outskirts of the city are cheaper.
This is true. One reason why where I live before at Vidyarayapura, cabbies used to flock the place for that tankful and save. I recollect that Diesel filled here and in EC was cheaper to filling inside city areas.
Old 3rd May 2019, 14:53   #2741
Senior - BHPian

Am a rare user of Shell, even more so on premium fuel. Out of curiosity, filled up V-Power diesel and got a whopping 25.3 km/l for a Yeshwantpur Shell-NICE-Madras drive

I normally get 22.x and 23.4 is the best till date on a uber-conservative drive. Wow! Let me see if I eke out the first 900 km out of this fuel cycle

Last edited by narayans80 : 3rd May 2019 at 14:54.
Old 22nd June 2019, 09:20   #2742
Distinguished - BHPian

A new Shell bunk has come up on Kanakapura road, right next to the Yelachenahalli Metro station. Shell is sure expanding. I wish Reliance puts up a few more.
Old 3rd August 2019, 18:06   #2743
BHPian

Re: Supercars & Imports : Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk24 View Post

Is Shell-V-Power is easily available across Karnataka and the neighboring states?
Every shell has it, but hope you know that vpower is the same regular 91 octane fuel with cleansing additives.
Power99 at HP on HAL road is the best fuel available here.
zebo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2019, 08:28   #2744
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)

I use the Shell bunk at the Agara lake corner. The people are really nice. The convenience retail store and F&B options are a great initiative. I hope that remains sustainable.
I ve converted to Shell V Power Petrol for my Gypsy and to Shell V Power Diesel for my Yeti.
I believe this fuel makes a difference to the behaviour of both engines and burns more efficiently.
Since I do about 200-250km a month max in my Gypsy (mostly joy riding on weekends) and around 400 odd km max in my Yeti (mostly for office commuting and buzzing around inside the city) I dont mind paying the premium price for this fuel. I tend to fill up only once a month on average but perhaps on account of weekend joy riding over longer distances at higher speeds in the Gypsy, sometimes I have to fill up with fuel twice.

Incidentally, since I bought and restored it, I have only been using Shell Helix fully Synthetic engine Oil in my Gypsy though many people say that this is a bit of overkill for an old car like the Gypsy. However, I dont necessarily agree because the Gypsy is behaving nice and smooth with this oil.

I ve also spoken to many cab drivers who all seem to swear by Shell on account of greater fuel efficiency that they are able to achieve through the cleaner fuel there. And they say the higher price is well worth it.

I think the cab drivers justification is well worth keeping in mind.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 4th August 2019 at 08:32.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 20:49   #2745
BHPian

A new one in the "V Power haaki saar" saga. I was at Shell on Bellary road this evening and as usual one of the attendants tried to get me to move from the general queue to the V Power priority queue. I politely refused as I wanted regular unleaded petrol, waited a few minutes, and when it was my turn at the pump for a top up, I was told there was no unleaded petrol available. "V Power only saar".

I protested, told the attendant about speaking with the other attendant earlier and not being told nor seeing a sign outside the fuel pump about lack of unleaded fuel.

The attendant went away, spoke to his supervisor, came back and filled my car with a tankful of unleaded petrol. When asked where the unleaded petrol appeared from, he tells me he is instructed by his supervisor to tell customers there is no unleaded fuel. Now this is extortion!
ashenoy is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks