Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2020, 23:02   #2776
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Wasn't it a mandate for all oil companies to switch to BS6 from 1st April 2020? A friend of mine who owns a Reliance outlet has confirmed they started receiving BS6 stocks from Dec'19.
Yes even I was expecting the same. However, the lockdown happened and there was really no news from Shell about the switch while the other OMCs were featured on many media houses to claim that they have converted all their refineries and dispensing units to BS6 standards. Hence the question. Other companies as you say had already switched early 2020 or even before.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2020, 23:10   #2777
BHPian

I drive Honda Jazz V (MT) i-DTEC. My daily drive is around 100 km. Few weeks back I used to fill normal (unleaded) diesel from Reliance fuel bunk. Now a days I fill it at Shell fuel bunk. My observation is, the mileage is approximately 1 to 2 kmpl more with Shell diesel as compared to Reliance. There is no other difference noticed with engine clutter etc.
Old 9th May 2020, 23:12   #2778
Senior - BHPian

I would like to know if it is ok to mix the left over BS4 diesel and BS6 diesel? Or it's advisable to almost empty it before refuelling with BS6?

I still have half a tank of diesel left in my car which I had filled two months ago.
Old 9th July 2020, 14:46   #2779
Senior - BHPian

Could Fellow Bhpians please guide on How to verify the Genuine ness of Shell Oils?

I had bought Shell Rimula R4 15W40 Engine Oil 5Ltr Can from a local shop. The date of Mfr/Pkg is 01/2020. The Sticker on back of Can looks old in comparison to the look of Can.
Old 9th July 2020, 15:31   #2780
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Local shops keep moving cans around and hence the labels get a little scuffy.

However, you can check the seal to verify if it looks like any other Shell lube can.

Additionally, you could write in to their customer care quoting the batch number.

There is some recent method of scanning the product code under the label but I am not aware of that since I don't buy Shell oils anymore.
Old 18th August 2020, 23:12   #2781
Senior - BHPian

I filled Shell V Power petrol for car and bike last week @ Rs 98.50 per litre. Which means Shell normal petrol will be around Rs 92 per litre.

But I notice the price normal PSU petrol is around Rs 83 per litre only. Normally Shell fuel will be costlier by Rs 2-3 per litre but now the gap seems to be more than Rs 8 per litre. Why such big difference now? How long has it been like this? Any idea?

I don't see much customers in Shell pumps recently and am wondering if I am getting fresh fuel or old stock.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 23:17   #2782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I filled Shell V Power petrol for car and bike last week @ Rs 98.50 per litre. Which means Shell normal petrol will be around Rs 92 per litre.
Actually Shell normal petrol is 89.45 in Chennai.
https://www.shell.in/motorists/shell...-in-india.html
Old 10th September 2020, 15:23   #2783
BHPian

The price of regular shell unleaded is Rs. 90 in Bangalore compared to Rs. 85 for psu pumps. It doesn’t make much sense to go for it at this range, especially if you have a trusted psu pump already near your location.
Old 10th September 2020, 15:37   #2784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuza View Post
Actually Shell normal petrol is 89.45 in Chennai.
https://www.shell.in/motorists/shell...-in-india.html
Yes, I filled up last week and it definitely was priced steeply at around 89.5 Rs. compared to their competitors. But there was a healthy queue of two wheelers and cars to fill up still.

Current prices are 90.60 and 99.65 for regular and V-Power respectively from the link you shared. On net, V-Power is priced 13-14 Rs. above regular fuel from competitors and not sure if it's worth it anymore.

My car has rarely seen any fuel other than Shell for the last 2 years but the price is getting too high for me relative to its benefits.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 10th September 2020 at 15:38.
Old 15th September 2020, 08:49   #2785
Senior - BHPian

Cross posting from "Best fuel pumps in Chennai" thread:
I have been a regular at Shell for so many years, filling V Power petrol. But recently I find it costs just a few paise below Rs 100 per litre. Their regular petrol also costs Rs 90+ per litre. So I have been mulling a shift to a good PSU pump for a while. My wife's office has opened after lock down and I am making two trips every day to drop and pick her up, which is 52 km a day. Mostly by bike in the morning and car in the evening.

As a prelude I filled ten litres of Speed 93 @ Rs 87.42 per litre for my bike at the BP Pump near Radisson hotel on GST Road. My credit card has a fee waiver at Shell but not here, so it will add one rupee more per litre, but still the fuel will cost RS 12 per litre less than V Power. If things are satisfactory for the next week, I will fill the car also here.

Shell fuels used to cost about Rs 2 - 3 more than PSU fuels usually, I don't understand the reason for this much difference now. Even Shell normal costs 6-7 rupees more than normal PSU fuel.
Old 15th September 2020, 09:51   #2786
BHPian

Is Shell dispensing BS6 fuel now through their pumps across the country?
I couldn't find any confirmation as such hence asking here?
I am not sure about other PSU companies either.
I am from Pune, So any particular info from this city would be helpful.
TIA.
Old 12th December 2020, 19:37   #2787
Distinguished - BHPian

Shell is expanding .. a new bunk is coming up adjacent to Vega City Mall on Bannerghatta road, Bangalore. (Junction of JP Nagar Ring road and Bannerghatta Road). It's about 100 m south of the Mall entrance. Fair location - people who use it can then go down another 50m and take a U-turn if they need to come back towards the city.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 20:03   #2788
Senior - BHPian

Today I filled up at JP Nagar, next to Elita Promenade. (Ridhisu, RBI layout). And they dispensed regular petrol in the guise of POWER, the premium fuel (10 bucks more expensive). Lost the engine smoothness immediately. I've raised a complaint, but there is no way Shell can prove doubting customers that it is indeed different. No lab test, etc. Big loophole.
Old 12th December 2020, 21:29   #2789
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Lost the engine smoothness immediately. .
When Shell first came to Bangalore, I thought this is good ! I tried it a bit, even going a bit out of my way to reach a Shell bunk. But my Sumo didnt like it. The engine felt softer. And to boot, Shell back then was differentially priced than the state OilCo fuel. I returned to IOC at the COCO's. Come the Storme, deja-vu. So I now stay away from Shell, unless it is in a remote area and I need fuel. I prefer either Reliance (first pref) or IOC.

Btw, I take the new IOC next to that Shell.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 11:58   #2790
Senior - BHPian

I topped up the car and bike yesterday with BP Speed @ Rs 89.xx per litre. I have taken a break from Shell Vpower for the past three months. It now costs Rs 102.xx per litre, same as Speed 97. Though it is not 97 octane.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks