Team-BHP - Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/40480-shell-india-fuel-lubes-outlets.html)

Mod Note: Here's a link to Shell's real time fuel prices

Hi Guys,
I may sound stupid but I couldnt hold back asking....Will the fuel price hike also affect the price of Shell and Reliance Fuels ? Since they are privately owned and already have their commanded price, are they likely to further hike it ? I dont see a reason to do it but I could be missing on informations that some of you guys know and can shareplease:.

No idea about Shell but definitely not Reliance, since they don't sell fuel.

Right! They have to close down if they increase their prices anymore. Right now Shell charges 62.xx. So what are they going to do next make it 72.xx or 75.xx?? thats insane if you ask me.
I rarely find people filling at them anymore.
In the old days when they had both regular and premium there used to be huge lines for people waiting to refuel at shell nowdays its allmost empty. Now the attendants just sleep in there.

Of course it'll go up. Their prices were fixed with crude at 120 USD/barrel. Now its 129-135 USD/barrel. Yay! :D

yesterday my friend was telling that it costed above 68 @ shell near kundalahalli gate. some 3 weeks back it was 65

It is 67/ litre here at a Shell bunk near Kharadi in Pune. got to know from a friend who went there to tank-up and ended up filling only worth Rs. 100/- :)

A week back the price of Super Unleaded Petrol was Rs.62.80-must have reached 65.00 now.The reason-no subsidy from the Govt.I switched to normal unleaded fuel(Rs.49.64)+SystemG...Couldn't keep up with the rising price of Shell :Shockked:

Well, if the Govt decided to deregulate petrol prices in the long run, the IOC's, BP's and HP's will also start pricing petrol per market conditions (read crude oil prices). They will be bang in Shell territory. Then it would be wise to go for Shell. Till then, I'd stay away from Shell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajesh1868 (Post 851015)
yesterday my friend was telling that it costed above 68 @ shell near kundalahalli gate. some 3 weeks back it was 65

Last time when I filled at the same place it was 62.xx ; since it was a tank fill, its still going on, Believe HP near cosmos is good. Planning to shift now since its beyond my budget to go to shell.

Its already 65 bucks damn
and the price is still rising lol
happy driving shell lovers

Mods note: Use punctuation properly. Use upper case to start a sentence.

It is 71.xx as per today's report

I filled today morning at 66 @ Chennai. But the real surprise is diesel costs Rs.63 ! Still I see a few trucks and Innovae filling up there.

Somehow, I'm starting to think it's worth it. Most bunks in the city have started hoarding; either they flat out refuse you, or give lame excuses like they dont accept cards. Coupled with their dismal service, I'm beginning to wonder if Rs.800 extra per month(for Shell) may be worth it. That 800 gap is only going to narrow, when price rises are announced. And my gal seems to be happiest with Shell's brew.

No, Shell petrol prise is not government controlled, more like market price at our government tax levels. So the prices of shell petrol will go up as crude prices go up.

The other fact is that if government increases price of petrol by Rs.10 then Shell will be a good option during the winters where the international prices of petrol will fall and Indian government will not lower it. From what they are talking deregulation in not happening any time soon.

With the recent fall in crude oil prices, has the price of shell fuel decreased? What is the current price at Bangalore? Also, is there is way to obtain price information online?

Thanks.

Today on radio Indigo I was surprised to hear Shell advertisement where they say they reduced the price but yet to check the price.