Team-BHP - World Exclusive!-- Crystal clear video of a white Tata Nano testing
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   World Exclusive!-- Crystal clear video of a white Tata Nano testing (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/40649-world-exclusive-crystal-clear-video-white-tata-nano-testing-2.html)

That indeed is the old Mumbai - Pune highway. If I am not mistaken, this stretch of road is close to the Karla Caves. The MTDC resort falls on the same road. This patch of road is very commonly used by Tatas to test their cars as it is not very crowded and is away from preying eyes of many enthusiasts. Fortunately my friend has a bungalow just off the same road & I have often seen cars getting tested on this patch.

Great Scoop. clap:
Looks bigger than i thought!

Great scoop.
I did'nt really liked the car in the pics, but this one makes me rethink again. It looks spacious and certainly 'moves'.

X

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 856445)
Hey it doesnt look like a "cheap car"! It looks like any regular small car.

Took the words right out of my mouth; this baby is actually looking good. In fact, it is going to make other hatches (read M800, Reva etc.) look terribly overpriced!

The Nano has appeal that is unmatched so far. It is being considered as a potential purchase by first car owners as well as those who own multiple cars (including Accords & Mercs). The super-cool Nano makes its case as a local runabout, especially the higher end variants with air-con etc.

Will the recently increased fuel prices only work in the Nano's favour? After all, it is (predictably) India's most fuel efficient petrol car.

Looks cool, much better than it's nearest competitor - the M800. It will have to prove it's reliability though.

What will the waiting period be? 1 year?

cool, now that looks like a nice thing to gift to my sisters. The car looks really good. Now if we just have air bags in the high end, then it would be great.

I have been told by TASC that this car will be sold only by TASC and not the dealer. Not sure why.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick1977 (Post 856536)
..When on earth are the bookings going to open

October 2008, by last estimates.

Its great looking small car. Waiting for its launch to customers.

OT: How would the exchange of old cars would be or would have been planned for high end cars? :)
exchange one car for 2 nano?

really liked the car.looks good.
the bookings and waiting period are points of concern though

after watching the review I believe this would start a new era in terms of the small low cost car segment..but what really got my attention is the video link to bajaj talking about the nano and other small cars.

See the cars regularly in pune.saw them last month as well

Both the amateur World Exclusive! Tata Nano caught on tape while testing - AutoMotoPortal.com and the BBC BBC NEWS | South Asia | Exclusive look at the Tata Nano video give a good idea of the Tata nano on the run. Sure will have the other small car manufacturers the world over on the run! Congrats TATA!

Quote:

Originally Posted by indian21r (Post 857084)
cool, now that looks like a nice thing to gift to my sisters. The car looks really good. Now if we just have air bags in the high end, then it would be great.

Air Bagslol:. Dude we don't have airbags in mid size sedans for which we pay 8 lacs... Don't expect Air bags, ABS and stuff like that... The high end variant would be having A/C and body coloured bumpers. The one that's priced 1 lac will not be having A/C at first place and you are talking about Air Bags.

@sonycs,

I know it is wishful thinking :).but still hoping they do give them.

I am looking only at the high end version.