Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: How many cars can you recognize in this aerial/ bird's eye view?
All 33 30.84%
Almost all 57 53.27%
Very few 15 14.02%
None 2 1.87%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2008, 15:53   #46
BHPian

the bmw dude seems to have backed up into that verna (?) behind him :o
Old 9th June 2008, 16:19   #47
Senior - BHPian

A real variety of Indian cars . I wonder how they manage to get their cars out??
Old 10th June 2008, 23:06   #48
BHPian

Car list

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
The picture and the job is really very interesting, but then, what makes me wonder is that how can they manage to bring their cars out ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
A real variety of Indian cars . I wonder how they manage to get their cars out??
Many of the cars are chauffeured. The administration also employs one to stay in the parking lot. Also, ambulance drivers are always hanging around. These guys move their cars and the cars of those that are not chauffeured as and when necessary to facilitate the movement of other cars. It's tricky when the driver of a non-chauffeured car forgets to leave his car's keys with the security personnel especially when her/ his car is parked in a way that prevents the car parked behind from moving out. If the car belongs to a hospital doctor the doc is located rapidly and the keys brought to the parking lot; if the security chaps cannot identify the owner of the car or if the owner cannot be located then it is chaos albeit very infrequently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
is that your shadow on the lower right of the picture?
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stable rock View Post
11. looks like the old Montana(Sipani).Its just a guess.
No Montana on that day definitely. Realising that there may be disputes (!) on the identity of the cars I actually made a list of the cars by coming down to the parking lot on that day; but I had taken the photograph several weeks earlier and I am unable to locate that list now. The list probably got mistakenly cleaned out of my table by the time I uploaded the photograph; my apologies. However, I am enthused that many are sure about the identity of the cars; great car fans obviously - congrats guys - its not an easy job for all of us to identify cars from this angle. More pictures coming up after I download them from my camera. Watch this space cheers:!
Old 10th June 2008, 23:33   #49
BHPian

Suprisingly no SUV's atall.Edit,Sorry just one.Suprisinly te 5series doesnt have sunroof and it looks like 16inch wheels because the 17" doesnt come in that design.Maybe an imported version[523 I guess].

1100DD - +1.Its a fieta for sure

Last edited by Veelubai : 10th June 2008 at 23:44.
Old 11th June 2008, 09:33   #50
Senior - BHPian

sorry, the first thing that pops to my mind is how do that Ikon? owner (#9) plan to get out? I hope he/she has a plan B
Old 11th June 2008, 10:29   #51
BHPian

there is no i10 in the pic for sure. No. 11 could be Fiat Uno. now the interesting part, we have recognized all the cars except for No. 11. Now can some recognize the car at top most extrem right corner, and just below the scorpio? this car is not numbered. only boot is visible
Old 11th June 2008, 10:41   #52
BHPian

Man this is really a scene, looks like an used car mela or something, I can sniff out Innovas, Zen Estillo, Swift, Fiesta, Aveo, Honda Civic and ofcourse a Piaggio APE, but tell me one thing, if there is an emergency for the guy in between the 2 Innvoas how will he manage to get out, dude this looks like a panic lot rather than a parking lot.
Old 11th June 2008, 10:54   #53
Senior - BHPian

11 looks like a Zen to me. A DC design The other unmarked car could be an Indigo CS

Last edited by amtak : 11th June 2008 at 11:01.
Old 11th June 2008, 11:25   #54
Senior - BHPian

this thread is nice, we can continue having more of such pics
Old 11th June 2008, 16:27   #55
Senior - BHPian

BTW is that a Bajaj GC1000 3 wheeler or piaggio ape seems... bajaj to me...
Old 11th June 2008, 16:45   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
this thread is nice, we can continue having more of such pics
I agree. I would try to click more pics on friday. Inorbit/hypercity is bang opposite to my office cafeteria.
Old 11th June 2008, 21:53   #57
Senior - BHPian

red car [31] looks like a corolla..I think ..may be wrong.
Old 11th June 2008, 23:47   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Many of the cars are chauffeured. The administration also employs one to stay in the parking lot. Also, ambulance drivers are always hanging around. These guys move their cars and the cars of those that are not chauffeured as and when necessary to facilitate the movement of other cars. It's tricky when the driver of a non-chauffeured car forgets to leave his car's keys with the security personnel especially when her/ his car is parked in a way that prevents the car parked behind from moving out. If the car belongs to a hospital doctor the doc is located rapidly and the keys brought to the parking lot; if the security chaps cannot identify the owner of the car or if the owner cannot be located then it is chaos albeit very infrequently.
This must have led to chaos sometimes! Very difficult. Things could have been more organized though.
Can we have more images like this. This is really exciting and fun plus giving us some job of identifying the car!
Old 12th June 2008, 23:09   #59
BHPian

BMW 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Guys, dont crucify me if I am wrong, but I think no.17 was a BMW 3 series (325 or so) and not a 5 series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
Nope Murugan, No.17 is a BMW 5 series (E60)
Yes, you guys are right. It is a BMW 5 series, a BMW 540i infact. Caught it in our parking lot yesterday and the chauffeur said he has been bringing the car to our place for several weeks. My apologies for the error.
Attached Thumbnails
Aerial / bird's eye view of cars-bmw-540i-5-series-dsc02900s.jpg  

Old 12th June 2008, 23:23   #60
BHPian

Behold the Beast - The Tata Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
for whatever its worth....3 innovas, 1 scorpio and no safaris.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@LLL - thats like saying there are 3 santro Xings and 1 palio stile. I guess the Safari owners are busy reclaiming their lives and hence the lack of them. But then again one needs to remember that different cars are sold in different amounts in different places.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Can we have more images like this. This is really exciting and fun plus giving us some job of identifying the car!
All ye Safari lovers (and that includes me!) - Behold the Beast, The Tata Safari (and, dare I say, a few other 'lesser' vehicles - no offence meant. Well, there are a few other cars that were not there in the first picture - let us resume another round of car spotting!)
Attached Images

Most Viewed