Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2009, 10:38   #106
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
does speed97 have additives in it? i wanna try speed97 on my laura 1.8 tsi, been using normal 91 octane, will speed97 be dangerous? heard or read somewhere about an engine giving issues thanks to the additives used my speed fuel
nope on the contrary you will probably find it performing better.
Old 1st September 2009, 18:56   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
There is a Shell pump on Linking Road ?!
That pump is no longer Shell it was bought over by BP ages back.
Where in Bandra can one get 93/95 RON petrol? The two biggest HP pumps- SV road junction and BKC do not stock it.
Old 1st September 2009, 19:05   #108
BHPian

I tried speed97 on my activa and it shows marked improvement in acceleration and response. Did not do that in my Fiesta S as it does not make sense to spend 500 bucks more per fill just for the fill. Activa takes up 5 ltrs for a tank full so its ok for it.
Old 2nd September 2009, 01:22   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
I believe Shell is 91 octane. I agree that the purity of the fuel is more important than the claimed octane rating. But who's to say that Speed 97 is not adulterated? So far, I've had no problems and I generally use three pumps to gas up:

I guess the real issue here is whether or not the base fuel is adulterated. If it is then the octane booster will help. Also if the base fuel is a lower octane rating, obviously the gain will be greater.
Exactly what I mentioned KBK, yes the octane boosters do help with our (supposedly) less octane rating pump gas. But how can we know for sure. Is there any kind of lab that we can independently get all this sorted out? I am sure it would be fun in a lot of ways. Any t-bhpian working somewhere who could possibly hook us up? Moreso time and again its been the rust and random grime in the fuel that choked countless injectors and carbs. I dont know about Mumbai but pune dont go anywhere other then RTO pump.
Old 2nd September 2009, 01:50   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Exactly what I mentioned KBK, yes the octane boosters do help with our (supposedly) less octane rating pump gas. But how can we know for sure. Is there any kind of lab that we can independently get all this sorted out? I am sure it would be fun in a lot of ways. Any t-bhpian working somewhere who could possibly hook us up? Moreso time and again its been the rust and random grime in the fuel that choked countless injectors and carbs. I dont know about Mumbai but pune dont go anywhere other then RTO pump.
How are the pumps at the koregaon park junction? What area is the RTO pump?
Old 2nd September 2009, 02:06   #111
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Do you mean the HP and BPCL bunks at the begining of North Main road?

I fill up from Shell or the RTO bunk only, but about a couple of months ago, filled up 2 litres in my bike from the BPCL bunk there because of need, and found a significant drop in fuel efficiency. Well, can't say for sure with a single fill, but I'm not trying again.
Old 2nd September 2009, 03:52   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
nope on the contrary you will probably find it performing better.
ok thanks will surely try speed on my next tankful
Old 2nd September 2009, 09:33   #113
BANNED

I do not think there is any doubt whether 97ON will help in a car which requires a high octane fuel, the question is whether it is worth the extra money or not?
Old 2nd September 2009, 10:01   #114
BHPian

List of petrol Pumps where 97 octane fuel is available ?

Mates,

can anybody help please

I want list of petrol Pumps where 97 octane fuel is available ?
Old 3rd December 2009, 01:18   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Mates,

can anybody help please

In nasik i doubt you will get speed97 , anyone knows if its available in nasik?
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:54   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Where in Bandra can one get 93/95 RON petrol?
I think BP no longer sells Speed 93 (or whatever it was called, back in the day), it's exclusively 97 now, or vanilla 91 Speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I would love to be able to randomly have fuel checks done as well. It would really tell us whether we are getting our money's worth with this 97 octane Speed. And no, I don't gas up the M3 anywhere other than the RTO now, because even the highway BP pump no longer stocks Speed 97.

Quote:
I use the KP pump for regular Speed in the Getz and have never had a problem, but then I wouldn't really know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
ok thanks will surely try speed on my next tankful
Regular Speed is 91 octane with additives. Speed 97 is the high octane fuel. I doubt it will make a big enough difference on a Skoda to justify the huge price difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I do not think there is any doubt whether 97ON will help in a car which requires a high octane fuel, the question is whether it is worth the extra money or not?
Good point. It makes little sense on most Indian manufactured cars. The only possible upside is that it may be less adulterated. On high compression engines there is no question of whether it is worth it or not. You'd be a fool to buy a car with a rev happy high compression engine and then fill it with cheaper inadequate fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Mates,

can anybody help please

I took a look at BP's website, but there's no list. In fact it says there are two bunks in Bombay that have it, so that site has not been updated in many years!

Last edited by kbk_75 : 3rd December 2009 at 12:56.
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:31   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its in front of the RTO The road you take to KP from University if you turn left from Sancheti, just keep heading straight.
Old 18th April 2010, 17:40   #118
BHPian

Speed 97 now 61.08 Rs per Litre

Guys tanked up my i10 Kappa with speed 97 this morning - prices are down to 61 odd Rs

Just happened to see the price on the board, and thought I would give it a shot. Driven a 100 Km since, the engine seems less "gruff" and low Rpm drive ability seems better - though very marginally, the fuel gauge is standing 20% higher (than it normally does at this odo reading) even though I've been driving in traffic and with full ac. Seems like I should get 17-18 Kmpl for this tank (My mileage generally hover around the 14.5 -15 mark- so this is good). I'll post an update in a couple of days (once i've drained the tank) - my next couple of top-ups will be speed 97 seems worth the extra price

Last edited by GTO : 23rd February 2013 at 13:20. Reason: Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys per post
Old 22nd February 2013, 00:46   #119
Senior - BHPian

re: Speed 97 and high RON petrol discussion thread

And funny how hilarious this thread now seems with Speed 97 now going for 100.56 per litre in Pune!
kbk_75 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2013, 01:45   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Speed 97 and high RON petrol discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
And funny how hilarious this thread now seems with Speed 97 now going for 100.56 per litre in Pune!
That's more than a rupee per liter more expensive than Mumbai!

Which pump in Pune now has it back in stock? I'm making a trip to Pune this weekend and was contemplating whether to take the RS5 or not given that speed97 is not available there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks