Team-BHP - Ambassador Grand in TCIC
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Ambassador Grand in TCIC (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/40773-ambassador-grand-tcic.html)

I heard about ambassador grand is available in 2000 ISZ TCIC 74 bhp engine and also heard about a company claimed mileage of 19.5 kpl.
guys, please enlighten about the performance ,test drive observations, price,
and is it worth to buy .

AFAIK the isuzu diesel has been available in the amby for a long, long time. i dont think buying the amby now makes any sense unless your gonna plonk in a big block v8 and make it a hot rod or something.lol:

we had one (company owned) not the grand 10 years ago and it always returned 15-16km/l loved its rare seat( not the rare seat but rear seat)

I think bullboy meant that the Amby ISZ diesel engine is now launched in its Turbo charged avatar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manikjeet (Post 858923)
..l loved its rare seat

What was so rare about it?

yes veelubai . it is there in HM website.
Ambassador GRAND : Specifications
earlier it was under powered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bullboy (Post 858930)
yes veelubai . it is there in HM website.
Ambassador GRAND : Specifications
earlier it was under powered.

and 74bhp is what?lol:

Ambassador grand Turbo is being sold for quite some time now in Calcutta. I have driven one at around the end of 2006 or the beginning of 2007 I dont recall properly. I dont remember properly but I think it had disk brakes all around (forgot to verify looking thru the rim holes). Coming to the engine, still miles to go before it can be termed desirable. The Turbo lag was quite big, but the bigger problem was vehicle dynamics. 1800 ISZ being more powerful and also refined in power delivery feels more pliant in that part than does this. But then, this Amby was really Grand with Sunroof and all (although the beige door handles and plastic dashboard would make Tata look like a class act)

:Frustrati. i expected something more from amby.

How you differentiate if from other Ambys

If its new, its doesnt smoke much
else, if you are following an older one, careful, you may need to switch on your fog lamps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1100D (Post 859035)
Ambassador grand Turbo is being sold for quite some time now in Calcutta. I have driven one at around the end of 2006 or the beginning of 2007 I dont recall properly. I dont remember properly but I think it had disk brakes all around (forgot to verify looking thru the rim holes). Coming to the engine, still miles to go before it can be termed desirable. The Turbo lag was quite big, but the bigger problem was vehicle dynamics. 1800 ISZ being more powerful and also refined in power delivery feels more pliant in that part than does this. But then, this Amby was really Grand with Sunroof and all (although the beige door handles and plastic dashboard would make Tata look like a class act)

Are you sure that it was the Turbo grand? as the technical specifications on the website, shows that it's more powerfull than the 1800 Isuzu. By the way I drive the Amby Avigo 1800 Isuzu, and was wondering how the TCIC would feel, as the power on paper seems much higher than the 1800 Isuzu.

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmanaman (Post 859581)
... By the way I drive the Amby Avigo 1800 Isuzu, and was wondering how the TCIC would feel, as the power on paper seems much higher than the 1800 Isuzu.

Your Avigo's engine is probably the 80HP Isuzu engine...the newer ones are de-rated to 71HP (maybe for meeting the BSIII specs).

Also, the power spread across the RPM range should definitely be better in the petrol than in the diesel/turbo-diesel. Even though the max power of the turbo diesel is 76 HP, I doubt if it would accelerate as casually as the 71HP petrol.

It seems HM has withdrawn the TCIC engine from Ambassador, I was unable to find this engine in their website. It’s a shame the options in diesel are 35 BHP 1.5L or 50 BHP 2L. Tech Spec 2.0L
It looks like Amby’s days are counted. Another classic Indian motoring icon soon will be a memory!

the turbo diesel grand has been on sale since may 2005 when the car was upgraded to meet euro-3 norms.

35 BHP car of that size? they must be kidding. Someone put some brains in the HM folks head!
I saw a purple ambassador yesterday in Chennai. Couldn't really take a snap, it sped away in the traffic, and from the newish registration, it didn't look like a repainted one. What a color choice :Shockked:!